• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Holy shit. A 310 year-old loli? XD

Not even the only one.
UBjtkIT.jpg

Also we're getting a figure of the best Free!, Makoto Tachibana! This news is fantastic but Haru's prototype is still no where in sight. I really want to see what they're basing it on.
No Nagisa/Rei no sale.

What a misstep that would be.
tumblr_msx8meKtzl1sfkk90o1_400.gif

Also I hope they do something interesting with the poses though. OR BETTER YET, go full silly and have them in their outfits from the end credits.

Apparently the exclusive is the regular version, but with the extra cleaning parts? I might just settle with that one too. Jean would be pretty cool to have, but I have the dreading feeling we won't see anyone beyond Eren, Mikasa and Levi...at least until a good while anyway.

Also we're getting a figure of the best Free!, Makoto Tachibana! This news is fantastic but Haru's prototype is still no where in sight. I really want to see what they're basing it on.

https://twitter.com/hs_takepiko/status/382808463618752514
BVACRPvCQAEvoFF.jpg

This is assuming they're even in their swimming gear! I mean I'd hope so but...you never know, what if they just have them in their school uniform instead?

Oh awesome such good news to wake up too, Hoping for Rin next (surprised he wasnt second) though.

I need Alter to hurry up though...as still waiting for the painted version of more of Uta Pri (prototypes of Syo Kurusu and hopefully Cecil gets made eventually, Natsuki)...

They will have so much of my monies.

Dragoshi1

Amiami finally got the D-Arts Charizard figure in, so I ordered that thing instantly.

Shipping was kind of pricey, but it still came out to lower than what my local anime shop and Amazon.com was trying to sell it for.

Amiami finally got the D-Arts Charizard figure in, so I ordered that thing instantly.

Shipping was kind of pricey, but it still came out to lower than what my local anime shop and Amazon.com was trying to sell it for.

Width/length wise the box is twice the size of a normal d-arts probably why.

kewlmyc

EMS? How much does EMS shipping usually cost? New to the whole AmiAmi thing. The only 3 figures I currently own were all bought with Amazon Prime.

She's 10,990 JPY on BiJ. 12,490 with the item. http://biginjap.com/pvc-figures/8155-the-seven-deadly-sins-lucifer-the-image-of-pride-watermelon-splitting-ver.html

The ugly Leviathan recolour is up there as well.

Kind of want Leviathan, but the "Pay us now!" thing BiJ has going is putting me off. Maybe if N-Y puts it up, I'll bite. But it is an ugly recolor compared to original version. Probably pass on it. :(

Swimsuit Lucifer, I may order if it turns up on N-Y. I like the sculpt.

Tell me about it. I was gonna grab dizzy from a local store but they said it would be around $150. That seems like a big markup from amiami's price even if you include shipping.

chrono01

Damn it. I thought I was done with One Piece figures and now they have Nami - Mugiwara Ver. up for pre-order. ~_~

http://www.biginjap.com/pvc-figures...ait-of-pirates-limited-nami-mugiwara-ver.html

On the up-side, she's scheduled for 2014. I might wait until N-Y offers her....

Also, that Lucifer will be mine, despite already owning the previous version. She looks great, although again, I'll wait for N-Y. October is going to destroy me enough as it is, I can't afford any up-front pre-orders right now. I might go with the version with the poster, though. I like the *ahem* "design" on it.

Dragoshi1

EMS? How much does EMS shipping usually cost? New to the whole AmiAmi thing. The only 3 figures I currently own were all bought with Amazon Prime.

I paid about 23-25 on shipping for it, EMS shipping.

Came out to 52 bucks altogether, which is ok in my book. My local anime shop wanted between 60-75 for all the different D-Art Pokemon, 70 for Charizard because it was "popular".

On the up-side, she's scheduled for 2014. I might wait until N-Y offers her....

Also, that Lucifer will be mine, despite already owning the previous version. She looks great, although again, I'll wait for N-Y. October is going to destroy me enough as it is, I can't afford any up-front pre-orders right now. I might go with the version with the poster, though. I like the *ahem* "design" on it.

I may get swimsuit Lucy depending on N-Y's pricing. I like Leviathan a lot, but that pink totally kills it. It clashes with the rest of the colors. Why couldn't they just reissue her without changing the colors? And Nami... cool, but I can easily live without her. Especially since I'm uninitiated as far as One Piece goes.

So a ways back, I cancelled some figures I had ordered from AmiAmi, and I accidentally forgot to specify for them NOT to cancel the Megahouse Akira Yamamoto... Oops. So I was kinda bummed since she's sold out everywhere... But apparently, Megahouse shit the bed, so blessing in disguise.

Something went terribly wrong...

Toki767

errr
i might get that yukiko now.... yukiko is my favorite character (p4a). Alter's is way to expensive (200+)

I have the figure. It's really not bad or anything. I spent $40 on it total. The pose is more of a pose that Yukiko would make, but the painting on the patterns probably just isn't as nice as Alter's.

Shiki is tempting to preorder but I have to finish Kara no Kyoukai to see if I enjoy it.

If you treat the series as a whole and not as individual movies, you probably won't. Or at least I wouldn't. The 5th one is awesome and pretty much the show stopper of the series, both visually and otherwise. 3 is really good as well. The others are decent(1, 6) to bad(2, 4, 7).

I like the Shiki figure. Definitely a worthy alternative to GSC's from a few years ago. She's a popular character and from Kotobukiya though, so don't sleep on it too long or you might get Daisy'd.

chrono01

I couldn't resist and ordered Lucifer - Swimsuit Ver. at N-Y. I chose USD as the currency so that even if the rate changes for the worst I will be guaranteed that price at release.

Normally I'd go with BIJ but I really can't squeeze her into my budget right now. ~_~

That last picture cracks me up. After all that, she made a little baby! I hope the tentacles come with her.

Finally got my September invoice from amiami. Wuuuh, $446 for Mitsuru, Samus, the Gurren double pack and a million other little things. The EMS alone was $90.

Still, before all the delays it was $1000 so my budget should feel grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom