• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't resist and ordered Lucifer - Swimsuit Ver. at N-Y.

Yes! Lucifer bros! #highfive

Accompanied by a delay to November for regular Melty. Surprise!

Eh, it makes my October cheaper. Yay. But it makes my November more expensive, but only until she gets delayed again!

They do immediate payments? That blows.

It does! You should get some kind of deep discount for paying so early.

Sweet lord at this humidifier:

CGD2-38268.jpg

CGD2-38268_03.jpg

RMI

Banned
went by the post office today to mail out some Netrunner LCG promos I sold on ebay, and the lady behind the counter informed me that I had a registered package that was out for delivery. I'll have to go back and get it tomorrow at the PO, but I'm pretty sure it's my Alter Momohime. So hyped.

gokieks

I don't think the Akira/Rei Yamamoto figure looks particularly terrible? I think I actually prefer the matte to shiny PVC, though it's going to look a little weird next to the Yuki Mori figure which is shiny. Maybe when I actually receive it (AmiAmi seems to be a little slow on sending it out after payment this time) I'll change my mind, but those pictures does nothing to dissuade me from getting it, as I still absolutely adore that pose.

And not that there was ever any doubt (as I am an unabashed fanboy of Type-Moon / Nasu), but I'll be getting that Shiki figure. Already have the GSC one (which I love), and while I think that one has a better looking face and sculpt, Koto's is of her in my favorite pose.

I still need to figure out how to build a diorama of a snowy forest scene using the GSC version.

I don't think the Akira/Rei Yamamoto figure looks particularly terrible? I think I actually prefer the matte to shiny PVC, though it's going to look a little weird next to the Yuki Mori figure which is shiny.

Aside from the final coloring, my issues are mostly with the face and hair. She looks like a bootleg.

So my September AmiAmi order is about ready to go. I've got three figures in it (Zero Suit Samus, Karen Araragi and my pre-owned Squid Girl). Are they going to force EMS on me? I mean, I'd probably at least go air small packet anyway, but EMS is like, $60.

FML

Alter just announced CHRISTMAS Melty. The one I really wanted and I just PO the original yesterday.

She's adorable, but I don't like Christmas-themed figures for the simple fact that they're only relevant for maybe two months out of the year.

Bombless

Heh, mom just returned from holiday and we discussed a few things over dinner.

Shiki Ryougi is ordered and Xmas Melty will be as soon as she goes up. I managed to convince her not to buy Melty Swimsuit ver just for Sorbet and his lovely inflatable tube.

We're also negotiating a certain Koi wa Sensou. We're gonna go at it I think, 50-50. We'll settle who gets to display her later...and hopefully without bloodshed.

LiK

Shiki Ryougi is ordered and Xmas Melty will be as soon as she goes up. I managed to convince her not to buy Melty Swimsuit ver just for Sorbet and his lovely inflatable tube.

We're also negotiating a certain Koi wa Sensou. We're gonna go at it I think, 50-50. We'll settle who gets to display her later...and hopefully without bloodshed.

Your mom amuses me.

is your mom my friend >_> she wants to order swimsuit melty just for sorbet as well. She wants me to get ALL 3 melty.

I might double dib and get reg and xmas ice cream melty.

I managed to convince her not to buy Melty Swimsuit ver just for Sorbet and his lovely inflatable tube.

I admit it. That's what initially made me consider it as well, but I went with the Alter version.

Wow, I never saw this before...

Akira Yamamoto variant. Limited + Exclusive 2014 release. But Megahouse will probably fuck this one up, too.

chrono01

Yes! Lucifer bros! #highfive
Hell yes!

They do immediate payments? That blows.
They do, but N-Y should have her listed today. Hopefully.

I really want her, but my September/October is expensive enough already with not having to deal with payment up-front. -_-

FML

Alter just announced CHRISTMAS Melty. The one I really wanted and I just PO the original yesterday
tumblr_mtq5c9wHsT1qzdctco2_500.jpg
She looks great but, as Freezasaurus said, I'm not sure how she would look year-round considering her Christmas-themed nature.

But then, this wouldn't be the first time I own a seasonal figure.

On the subject of Alter, Amane Suzuha has finally received a release date [October 28th]. I would have preferred November since it's not as heavy on pre-orders, but I will not complain!

Let's hope they don't delay her...again...

She looks great but, as Freezasaurus said, I'm not sure how she would look year-round considering her Christmas-themed nature.

oh, she's adorable. But I would only buy her if I felt like spending an extra $100 [I don't] to get her as well as the original. But then for display purposes, I'd only swap her out with the original come holiday time. So it's really a waste of $100 for something that would be out for a few weeks per year.

chrono01

oh, she's adorable. But I would only buy her if I felt like spending an extra $100 [I don't] to get her as well as the original. But then for display purposes, I'd only swap her out with the original come holiday time. So it's really a waste of $100 for something that would be out for a few weeks per year.
Yep, that's how I see it too. She does look amazing, though.

If I didn't have the original version pre-ordered I would...still purchase the original version. As cute as the Christmas version is, I usually prefer my figures to be in their default color [as the source material] which is why even if I were given the choice I'd still pick the original version over the Christmas one.

She doesn't look bad in any regard, she's actually pretty incredible. I just don't feel the need to add her to my collection, but I completely understand why some might feel the complete opposite. Alter does some great work.

Anony

So a ways back, I cancelled some figures I had ordered from AmiAmi, and I accidentally forgot to specify for them NOT to cancel the Megahouse Akira Yamamoto... Oops. So I was kinda bummed since she's sold out everywhere... But apparently, Megahouse shit the bed, so blessing in disguise.

Something went terribly wrong...

looks good... not as shiny?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't hate that bishoujo Chun-Li as much as the rest of you guys seem to, but something is definitely off about the face. It doesn't look bad per se, but it's not Chun-Li.

I hope Cammy turns out well. Since, you know, she's my go-to Street Fighter character.

She doesn't look bad in any regard, she's actually pretty incredible. I just don't feel the need to add her to my collection, but I completely understand why some might feel the complete opposite. Alter does some great work.
Most of the time ;), never forget
00427.jpg

P.S. I actually don't mind the alt colors too much. But prefer original more.

chrono01

Most of the time ;), never forget
00427.jpg

P.S. I actually don't mind the alt colors too much. But prefer original more.
True enough!

Honestly, if it wasn't supposed to be Dizzy, and the color of the angel/death were better, she wouldn't be too bad at all.

However, when you compare her to the original, which is one of my favorite top 5 figures ever, it's apparent that she could definitely be better.

At least the sculpt is as impressive now as it was way back then!

LiK

blonde sucks. maybe red hair would've been better. and the pink angel is ugly too.. i dunno, alt color Dizzy is just fugly.

Toki767

I think the problem with the alt Dizzy color is the blonde hair just makes her look so generic considering she had blue hair originally.

Just submitted payment for my Sept. AmiAmi order... Zero Suit Samus + Karen Araragi + Pre-owned Item: A / Box: B Kotobukiya Squid Girl + EMS-only shipping = almost 26k JPY.

*cringe*

At least I've only got Koto's Kabuto Hasegawa and bishoujo Jaina Solo reissue next month, now that Melty has been delayed. Again.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The angle is everything.

Yeah, she looks fine from one angle. That's really not good enough.

Just submitted payment for my Sept. AmiAmi order... Zero Suit Samus + Karen Araragi + Pre-owned Item: A / Box: B Kotobukiya Squid Girl + EMS-only shipping = almost 26k JPY.

*cringe*

At least I've only got Koto's Kabuto Hasegawa and bishoujo Jaina Solo reissue next month, now that Melty has been delayed. Again.

I just got my AmiAmi order for Lucy HeartFilia and Zero Suit Samus. I had a lot of stuff delayed... probably a good thing, lol.

Oh. So I guess Attack on Titan is going to be the new thing everyone is obsessed with. Honestly, I wanna see how Koto's version of Levi comes out. They've been doing some very good work lately.

johnsmith

remember me
Oh. So I guess Attack on Titan is going to be the new thing everyone is obsessed with. Honestly, I wanna see how Koto's version of Levi comes out. They've been doing some very good work lately.

Not to be a dick, but welcome to 5 months ago.

Not seeing the appeal of Levi. Dude looks like a heroin addict, and I don't like the character in what I've seen (I'm only up to episode 13).

george_us

Bayonetta's back in stock at AmiAmi for anyone who's interested. I decided to switch my pre-order from HLJ since it was $10 cheaper.

Bombless

God shes SO CUTE
I must have one or the other.
maybe both.

I sent a message to mom from work "Xmas Melty is up for preorder, gogogo", she replied "I'm going to kill you, stop tempting me!".

5 mins later she called to verify if her credit card details were already registered on HobbySearch's website because she was ordering.

I...I feel like a drug dealer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom