• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very enlightening post, especially when it comes to knowing which companies make the highest quality figures.

I was really just using those as an example. If you're taking into consideration the best figure manufacturers, I'd certainly add Goodsmile Company in addition to the others I listed.

Slips out? Isn't the support in a hole or something?

It's not, actually. The top of the support pole that's included is cut at an angle on top, and it's supposed to wedge into a specific part of the kanji on the flat surface of the hammer (the surface isn't actually flat, as the kanji itself is embossed). Because the pole is only so high, you have to figure out how far to put the handle into her hand because that will affect how high the bulk of the hammer is elevated.

I wish they just made the base wider and attached the support to it, instead of this free-standing bullshit.

johnsmith

remember me
Emma Frost isn't worth $150. But she was definitely worth the $25 I paid for an loose one.

and finally got done with the last shelf. I definitely need to grab some more shelving as I still have a ton of stuff to display. And I need to take some quality pics.
UQDQBLP.jpg

sca2511

She isn't worth that much, but I'd probably get her at around that price(hoping less) just to add another character to the collection.

I was wondering if anyone's Sigrid of the Thorn leans back a bit? I found it fallen over earlier and when re-positioning it I can't seem to get it a similar angle as the promo shots.

Bombless

Nice display again Johnsmith. Panty and Stocking look great. You need Scanty and Kneesocks though!

Slightly off topic but I've tried to watch Hyakka Ryoran....Oh god it's so TERRIBLE.

Slightly off topic but I've tried to watch Hyakka Ryoran....Oh god it's so TERRIBLE.

You must have terrible taste in anime (also, did you see the censored or uncensored version?). I liked it. ;) What are some anime that you did like?

Also, johnsmith, doesn't Zero Suit Samus come with a little Metroid, too? Is it on a separate piece you just chose not to display?

Nice display again Johnsmith. Panty and Stocking look great. You need Scanty and Kneesocks though!

its a harem anime. Its not terrible but its not good.

I would give it a 5/10 with 5 being an avg for the genre it is in. It does its purpose well. The main thing I like about that anime was the character design.

meijiko

She isn't worth that much, but I'd probably get her at around that price(hoping less) just to add another character to the collection.

I was wondering if anyone's Sigrid of the Thorn leans back a bit? I found it fallen over earlier and when re-positioning it I can't seem to get it a similar angle as the promo shots.

My Sigrid did lean for a while. Her pegs are kind of a joke, and mine were even cut wrong originally. I had to trim them down to fit properly.

The leaning ultimately had to do with the supports not being in all the way. It took a worrying amount of force to get her in, but she hasn't shown any leaning in the past few months. I don't know if the support pegs were cut consistently in production, though, so yours might be looser than mine.

Bombless

You must have terrible taste in anime (also, did you see the censored or uncensored version?). I liked it. ;) What are some anime that you did like?

I went in without any info about the show. The 3 episodes I saw (uncensored) were nothing but bare tits, crotch shots and black ink blotches all over the screen. Even the actual swordplay was boring.

Now that I know it's a harem anime I guess it makes sense, but it doesn't make it any more interesting to me.

Toki676 said:
Just got this super old Lacus figure today. The box is a bit damaged but I think this is probably the nicest looking Lacus figure out of the ones that were made.

I prefer the Operahouse version from the later part of the show. Mine is still boxed though.

I went in without any info about the show. The 3 episodes I saw (uncensored) were nothing but bare tits, crotch shots and black ink blotches all over the screen. Even the actual swordplay was boring.

Now that I know it's a harem anime I guess it makes sense, but it doesn't make it any more interesting to me.

I prefer the Operahouse version from the later part of the show. Mine is still boxed though.

if you want a good recent samurai-esque anime, katanagari.

Bombless

1 hour per episode sounds pretty good. One per book I guess?

In other news, N-Y has finally shipped Kirito+Asuna. I'll try not to check the tracking status every few hours.

johnsmith

remember me
Got 2 slips in the mail today, for my e2046 Mitsuru and the Teddie and Rise prize figures from Mandarake. At least they were nice enough to arrive in the same day. I'll only have to make 1 trip to the post office.

Jube3

Storm shadow finally came in, my GI Joe shelf is done! I was going to pick up the 4 guys but decided to pass on The Rock and Bruce Willis. I will wait for a John Mclaine version instead.
9905233924_a06a89fac7.jpg

Cheska

Looks like I got my Bayonetta order just in time, HLJ is sold out.

Price also went up too lol

I'm genuinely surprised some places still have her available since I was under the impression she was universally sold out. AmiAmi stopped taking orders a few months ago.

another idolmaster figure

FIGURE-002335.jpg

I don't know anything about the series but I did like rin a lot. I'll think about it but in the end probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom