• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
SOLD OUT ALREADY!? I literally checked amiami, saw nothing new, went to shower, came back... sold out :|

Pretty frustrating, Mikasa figma was available to order for quite some time before it sold out

chrono01

SOLD OUT ALREADY!? I literally checked amiami, saw nothing new, went to shower, came back... sold out :|
Yep. :(

HS/HLJ/BIJ/etc. haven't listed her yet, and there's always the GSC online store if you get desperate. It's possible that AmiAmi is "staggering" pre-orders similar to how they handle Kotobukiya releases. They'll likely have more available tomorrow night when they update, if not later tonight.

Rootbeer

Banned
We're talking about a figure that is 6 months away still... they better restock often :| They know full well the popularity of the series, step up your game! Work some foxconn magic.

Man, it's hilarious watching people go apeshit for Titan figures.

I too find a lot of people's figure choices hilarious :p
dc6e9933189aeb9a7d7385a329ac01ea1376405112_full.jpg

got mikasa despite not really into figma ( i hate exposed joints). Would maybe get eren if he was on amiami. Don't feel like placing an order on another site for just a figma. Also i was never really into eren to begin with, if he was on amiami I might of though.

RocBase

Eren just disappeared. I was able to waltz in and get Mikasa like nothing a few weeks back.
Did he have less stock than Mikasa or something? How did he go out so quickly??? I was told she at least lasted a whole day.

At this rate I might just not bother with the Titan figures anymore, I'm not that invested to continuously fight over and hunt wanted figure like this. If I manage to casually grab it then great, if not so be it.

kewlmyc

There should be other places to order Eren for those unluckly enough to not be awake at 4am. Has anyone checked BiJ or anything?

LiK

There should be other places to order Eren for those unluckly enough to not be awake at 4am. Has anyone checked BiJ or anything?

I like the discounts from AmiAmi more. I may try other retailers as backup but I hope AmiAmi opens preorders again.

holy crap at Eren. Mikasa was up for a few days at least. According to the timestamps here, he sold out after 30 min, went back up and sold out again after 1 hour. Welp, time to set up a figinstock alert

Pezking

Oh boy...just checked Nippon-Yasan and they had HER back in stock:

mini-hpc26s7s32.jpg

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/persona/4633-persona-4-high-priestess-satonaka-chie-limited-edition.html

Just great. Had to order her after seeing the pics in this review:
http://figsona.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-538.html

And after placing my order, she was instantly "NOT AVAILABLE" anymore.

Half of me is happy, while the other half can't stop thinking about the money I will spend next month for the PS4. :-/

Well, I've just saved 60 bucks thanks to the delay of "Watch_Dogs", so I guess I'll be fine...

Did he have less stock than Mikasa or something? How did he go out so quickly??? I was told she at least lasted a whole day.

At this rate I might just not bother with the Titan figures anymore, I'm not that invested to continuously fight over and hunt wanted figure like this. If I manage to casually grab it then great, if not so be it.

Hunting. That seems like what people on the east coast here would need to do since it seems like these sites always update in the 1am+ hours. Fortunately I was up just later last night writing a paper that I happened to see him pop up.

I hope my uta pri and kurobas figures wont go as fast though, Id be mad if I couldnt get them (sorry eren).

Though I guess for Eren, there will always be crunchyroll....

RMI

Banned
glad Mikasa came back in stock. Also glad she's not out until April - my wallet will probably be recovered from the beatings I've been handing to it by then.

Not crazy about Eren's faces, so will be passing on him.

kewlmyc

glad Mikasa came back in stock. Also glad she's not out until April - my wallet will probably be recovered from the beatings I've been handing to it by then.

Not crazy about Eren's faces, so will be passing on him.

Not his fault he's generic looking....:p

Hmm. Do they have pricing info yet? I'm curious to know how much she'll be going for. Still not sure about that color scheme. I do very much want the Mara Jade bishoujo, though.

No price yet, but yeah I wonder how high Koto will go. 13k before discount wouldn't surprise me, but I don't know enough to make a great guess.

As for the colours, black, white and gold will always look good together, but the orange looked out of place and put me off originally. The tweaked paint job is better, but I'll probably still pass.

No price yet, but yeah I wonder how high Koto will go. 13k before discount wouldn't surprise me, but I don't know enough to make a great guess.

As for the colours, black, white and gold will always look good together, but the orange looked out of place and put me off originally. The tweaked paint job is better, but I'll probably still pass.

13k? Hahahahahaha. Before discount or not, fuck that price. I doubt it'll be that high. Koto has been keeping pretty reasonable even though all the other figure makers have lost their minds. But that color scheme makes me so mad. If they don't paint her blue, I may very well just pass on it. I mean, I'll be a very very sad panda if I have to, but I'm not paying the kind of money we pay for these things if I'm not 100% into it.

I'm with you there. Looks great, need it on my shelf.

Yes! Star Wars bros.

chrono01

Olivia's paint job was tweaked and pre-orders start tomorrow

8LfQZtV.jpg
I don't know the source material [I think she's based off artwork for a card game series or something?], but I really love the look of her. If Kotobukiya can pull off that paint job in the final release...

*drool*

I'll probably be pre-ordering this one.

I don't know the source material [I think she's based off artwork for a card game series or something?], but I really love the look of her. If Kotobukiya can pull off that paint job in the final release...

*drool*

I'll probably be pre-ordering this one.

Truth be told, I probably will too. She's just too good of a sculpt. Maybe the best ever from Koto. And it seems like they toned down the bright colors on the wings.

Bombless

The source for Olivia is this :

Lunarjasmin13750010962.jpeg

She has 4 forms, from left to right, weaker to stronger. I'm hoping she sells well and Koto decides for a recolour. I'll grab this one and if the blue ever releases I'll get her too.

Wait, so the only difference between her weakest and strongest forms is that nifty scarf that's ACTUALLY A TINY DRAGON?

Oh, and the all-powerful haircut.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That Olivia is gorgeous. And absurdly expensive. I think I'll have to pass... at least until there's another colorway.

I'm considering pre-ordering the Mikasa Figma.

chrono01

Olivia is up on AmiAmi, friends. 11,800 JPY... It could have been worse.

Also, holy crap... She may be going solo on a detolf shelf... Appx. 290mm Tall/ Appx. 240mm Tall will head not including the horns/ Appx. 290mm Wide
Agreed, that's a great price for her. Instantly pre-ordered!

Also yes, she will be massive [but looks to be worth the space]. Here's hoping Kotobukiya can manage that same level of quality for release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom