• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megatons courtesy of Plastikitty :

Also annoucement of Freddy and Jason BISHOUJOS AHAHAHAHAHA

I ordered blue, because canon. Brown is nice, but not Lineage 2!

when I first read this I thought you were talking about Freddy Krueger and Jason Vorrhees but I was like nah he must be talking bout something else. HOLY SHIT it is them you were talking about, this sounds like my kind of thing I'm excited

Yeah, but it could also have been females from their respective franchises rather than the main characters themselves (granted that'd had been much less interesting).

Those would never sell. This way, at least Koto has a shot of horror fans picking these up to fill the "bizarre merchandise" niche in their collections.

Sans armor I imagine... yeah, I'll bite.

Eh..... Stormtrooper? Nah. Might as well go with gender-swapped Vader at that rate. My money is on Leia, Shaak Ti, or Aayla being next. Personally, I'd like a curveball like Tahiri, or Tenel Ka.

Koto's Dark Angel Olivia... She is painted.

OhnoRaptors1381461798.jpeg

She will be mine.

I must have my figures mixed up then. I remember seeing the unpainted sculpt and was immediately captivated by her red eyes.

I'm not familiar with Shingeki no bahamut, but the blond hair appears to be the correct coloring. This was the sculpt...

I assumed she'd have dark hair as well, so maybe it was just an assumption based on the backdrop in that shot.

The painted sculpt is amazing with the colors especially the wings but now her eyes are kind of lost in it all.

I certainly get the same feeling about the eyes, but this figure is still an easy purchase. She's just gorgeous.

george_us

Phat! Company's Bayonetta is looking godly. Only thing I hate are the nipples which she didn't have before. Hoping she still gets released this month.

She's also back in stock at AmiAmi if anyone's interested.

RMI

Banned
Barnes & Noble huh? Surreal, I'm not even sure if the one in my town is still open. I should check it out this weekend.

johnsmith

remember me
Koto's Dark Angel Olivia... She is painted.

OhnoRaptors1381461798.jpeg

She will be mine.

Holy shit. I've never seen such an awesome sculpt ruined by such a shitty paint job. Not, the quality, but the color scheme.

This went from a must have to an easy pass. So damn ugly. They better release alternate colors because this just awful.

Aytrial

Holy shit. I've never seen such an awesome sculpt ruined by such a shitty paint job. Not, the quality, but the color scheme.

This went from a must have to an easy pass. So damn ugly. They better release alternate colors because this just awful.

I actually quite like the high contrasting colours.

Then again, I'm a bit partial to orange and purple.

we weren't asking for 4 inch scale shit though! Ughhh I'm pretty much done collecting 6 inch scale anyways to whatev
Yeah I thought they were Movie Masters(Catwoman and Penguin look about that quality) till they added the pic with the info card.

I collect all scales but the biggest section is of 3.75/ 4 inch, so im still happy with this.
I was pissed back when they cancelled their original line in that scale,
they cancelled it right when they finally fixed the line and had Cass Cain Batgirl, Harley and Ivy all on the way.

Best thing about the scale for me though are vehicles. Much more likely to be made for price and size reasons.
Even if they don't, there is already the 1/18 Hot Wheels Batmobiles which unless these are way oversized might work.

The scale also lends itself well to pumping out different figures compared to bigger more expensive ones.
Just look at Star Wars, Marvel Universe and GI JOE.
the Arkham figures of this series don't look as nice as the movie figures but who knows they might do a BTAS Batman down the line if its successful.

Added bonus as a professional customizer is the ease of getting characters like Vicki Vale which never make it into these lines.

I'll buy her regardless. But I was hoping for the blue-haired color scheme. I thought the blue was a no-brainer.

Quick! Someone go register at Statue Forum and make sure gonk knows how serious this is! Disaster must be averted!

Guys guys guys! Mara jade's cloak is removable! Koto posted new pics of her too!

YOU! You have a Statue Forum account, don't you? Go annoy gonk about the shitty Olivia paint job and make sure he lets his bosses know they better change her to the blue color scheme.

Then I'll join you in freaking out about how awesome Mara Jade is.

Done. Now show me that mara jade love

OMG, So amazing! Cloak on or off doesn't matter, Yamashita made sure dat booty is visible either way. Also love the goggles around her neck. So many bishoujos all of a sudden, but Mara and Starfire are definitely my favorites.

Also, I do have to say something about the Starfire bishoujo.... I love the hair, and I'm also incredibly surprised that the penis-rock made it beyond the sketch phase.

george_us

OMG, So amazing! Cloak on or off doesn't matter, Yamashita made sure dat booty is visible either way. Also love the goggles around her neck. So many bishoujos all of a sudden, but Mara and Starfire are definitely my favorites.

Also, I do have to say something about the Starfire bishoujo.... I love the hair, and I'm also incredibly surprised that the penis-rock made it beyond the sketch phase.
Ha now I know why all of you were laughing at me when I said I would only get a couple of figures way back when.:(

Mara Jade along with the sculpts of Black Canary, Spider-Woman, and Starfire look great! Then there's Jubilee!

johnsmith

remember me
^ That's looking really nice. Though I'm unsure if I really need 2 Wonder Womans.

Some bargains tonight

(Pre-owned ITEM:B / BOX:B)Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland - Meruru 1/8 Complete Figure(Released)
46%OFF 3,980 JPY
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-7794-R008

(Pre-owned ITEM:B / BOX:C)GOD EATER BURST - Alisa Ilinichina Amiella 1/7 Complete Figure(Released)
38%OFF 4,780 JPY
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-5677-R100

(Pre-owned ITEM:B / BOX:B)Nendoroid - Marika Katoh(Released) (so cute, i really want this!)
38%OFF 2,240 JPY
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-6040-R017

(Pre-owned ITEM:B / BOX:B)Excellent Model CORE Queen's Blade Grimoire P-1 User of the Darkness in Wonderland "Arisia" 1/8 Complete Figure(Released)
50%OFF 4,380 JPY
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-7645-R032

^ That's looking really nice. Though I'm unsure if I really need 2 Wonder Womans.

I love the costume, but something seems just a smidge off about the face. But I always felt that the face sculpt on the original was a bit too small. Or maybe it just seemed to be because the circlet seemed so gigantic. It seems they struck a better balance between the two this time.

As much as I dislike buying duplicates of characters I already own, I may not be able to resist. 2014 is going to be the year of the bishoujo, for sure.

sca2511

I'm not feeling Starfire as much as the others so far, will wait for paint. Hair and art are good though. I'll take a second look at the sculpt.

That Shinobu. Hmm you guys/gals prefer the GSC or Koto?

chrono01

I'm not feeling Starfire as much as the others so far, will wait for paint. Hair and art are good though. I'll take a second look at the sculpt.

That Shinobu. Hmm you guys/gals prefer the GSC or Koto?
Definitely the GSC version, but from what I can see the Kotobukiya version is a great 'second choice" [considering how expensive GSC's version is].

I might wait for Alter, though.

B/B items aren't really worth it are they? There's a Momohime on AmiAmi that's B/B for 8,780 JPY.

There's some risk involved, because of the variance in whatever earned the B. That said, for me personally that's only hypothetical because all the B/Bs I've received have looked practically new outside of some occasional dust. From my perspective they just seem to be cautious/harsh graders. I got two B/B last week and couldn't find a flaw on either that manufacturing wasn't responsible for.

kewlmyc

There's some risk involved, because of the variance in whatever earned the B. That said, for me personally that's only hypothetical because all the B/Bs I've received have looked practically new outside of some occasional dust. From my perspective they just seem to be cautious/harsh graders. I got two B/B last week and couldn't find a flaw on either that manufacturing wasn't responsible for.

Good enough for me.

Elixir

B/B items aren't really worth it are they? There's a Momohime on AmiAmi that's B/B for 8,780 JPY.

I've received a B/B graded figure from Amiami with damage before. I didn't bother complaining to them about it, because their definition of "B" covers themselves in this regard. And personally, I don't think it's worth bothering with anything B/B or "opened" if the unopened price is a mere 2000-4000 yen difference. In Momohime's case, 3000 yen difference. I would rather pay the additional amount for the piece of mind which comes with buying an unopened product.

johnsmith

remember me
I always go for B/B. They might be dusty at worse, but usually they're flawless. Any problems they might have are just as likely to appear on new figures anyway (small quality control issues). In fact I've probably had more problems with new figures than B/B figures.\

Hmm, I should get this to complete the set.

Scanty Alter Ver. (PVC Figure)
Sales Price : 4,680 yen
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10211055

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom