• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
A quick search shows NO ONE POSTED THIS YET

http://www.tomopop.com/first-4-figures-teases-skies-of-arcadia-s-vyse-32366.phtml

How is that possible?

I DON'T KNOW BUT COLOUR ME EXCITED

Seeing how they made this, you might want to tone down your excitement.

vertical.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-1096-R040
(Pre-owned ITEM:C / BOX:B)SIF EX - Odin Sphere: Velvet Complete Figure(Released)
6,580JPY
[Missing] Chain support parts x 1

Good deal. She's only missing these tiny clips that go on her wrist to help keep the chain held up. The things are tiny and super easy to lose. It was really dumb for them to not put in extras. You can still get the chains to stay up without them with careful positioning. So if anybody still wants her, this is a great price.

meijiko

Yeah they were a pain to put on right in the first place, and more than once I thought I'd lost them to my beige carpet. I don't think you'd miss them.

Well, it's not like F4F stuff is bad. I have three Metroid pieces from them (Varia Suit, both gunships), and they are legitimately fantastic.

I'm not sure they bank on character nostalgia or recognition more than anyone else, considering the general quality of the output?

The Awful Zero Suit face notwithstanding, Link's face is fine in all four incarnations, and there's nothing wrong with Ryo's either.

Can't defend the Zero Suit AT ALL, it's legit terrible, but it's like...one bad piece out of several good ones; I see no reason to write them off immediately.

LiK

F4F Varia Suit is great but there is some minor slop with the paint. The Alt color with the light up features are pretty rad. One of their best figures. Don't care about the rest.

I don't feel bad tho, their early figures like Metroid were fairly inexpensive compared to their current ones. Everything is overpriced now.

One terrible, a few good, and no GREAT pieces is all I need to know.

*shrug*

Varia Suit is great. The Gunships are both fantastic. But I guess we agree to disagree on 'em. I think you're underselling them as much as I'm probably overselling them.

(For the record, I might be a little biased, the Prime Gunship is a favorite piece of mine. No paint issues on any of my personal pieces, either.)

sky

This beauty came in yesterday...

aBtq29p.jpg

fuuuuuuuuu.... so awesome. This is a seriously gorgeous figure, the sculpt and detailing is just incredible!
Thankfully the base is also sturdy and is quite small, and doesn't distract. Been figinstalking her for a while... so glad to finally add her to the collection. :D

sca2511

This beauty came in yesterday...

fuuuuuuuuu.... so awesome. This is a seriously gorgeous figure, the sculpt and detailing is just incredible!
Thankfully the base is also sturdy and is quite small, and doesn't distract. Been figinstalking her for a while... so glad to finally add her to the collection. :D
looks so good. Waiting till next year gets really hard whenever it pops up on notification.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Um.... Nothing, based on just that. I ordered her within two minutes of her going up on AmiAmi. Good thing, too. She sold the fuck out.

She's so pricey. And shipping is going to be a killer. The colors were really putting me off, and I was convinced that I wasn't going to pick it up until another colorway was announced... but then I saw this picture and caved:

FIGURE-002749_07.jpg

I think this picture sold me. Good lighting seems pretty important for this figure.

She's so pricey. And shipping is going to be a killer. The colors were really putting me off... but then I saw this picture and was convinced how important proper lighting is this figure:

I think they also toned down the yellow portions of the translucent wings, and maybe made her hair a bit darker. But yeah, EMS is probably going to put her up around $160-$170. Ick. But I'm not worried about it because A) SHE SOLD OUT - My decision is justified! and B) she's definitely going to be my only figure in March.

Bombless

Look at that pearl sash/thing. I liked her when all there was were full shots, then this image sealed the deal a thousand times. I had to put all my diplomacy skills into dissuading my mother from ordering a second one. There's no need for 2 of them and if this sells well there's a chance they'll go for a recolor.

Also, since Trigger is backed by GSC, I expect Kill la Kill to become an insanely succesfull figure line.

Look at that pearl sash/thing. I liked her when all there was were full shots, then this image sealed the deal a thousand times.

I have to say, this is probably the most detailed thing I've ever seen from Koto, so I can kind of understand the pricing.

Also, since Trigger is backed by GSC, I expect Kill la Kill to become an insanely succesfull figure line.

oh fuck yes. Satsuki figure x1,000. Would buy.

chrono01

So Movic is releasing a scaled replica of the maneuver gear from Attack on Titan. Expect it to cost several organs to purchase.

ibnjTysDpDSNKx.jpg

TnK

She's so pricey. And shipping is going to be a killer. The colors were really putting me off, and I was convinced that I wasn't going to pick it up until another colorway was announced... but then I saw this picture and caved:

FIGURE-002749_07.jpg

I think this picture sold me. Good lighting seems pretty important for this figure.

Oh wow, this looks incredible. I want this, but I stopped buying figures that I can't move (long story).

I recently bought these two kickass figures:
FIG-IPN-6480_01.jpg
FIG-IPN-5472_01.jpg

But I also need to get their stands for maximum awesomness. I found these two in a local store and got them, but then I found out there is also a yellow version of dio. What do you think figureGAF, should I get the yellow version of Dio instead?
FIGURE-000778_01.jpg

gokieks

Finally got the bulbs for the light box in, and managed to find a lamp that seems like it'll work. The lightbox itself is a little too small though - some larger figures will make it so that edges inside are visible. Going to have to build a bigger one, but did take a few test shots to experiment with, including this with Momohime:

And the lightbox itself (very simple):

^ Nice gokieks. I still need to set up a photography area, but at least I've finally assembled the gear.

Yeah she looks to be. Cant wait to get her. This will be my 4th Saber figure at this point lol

I'm at 7 Sabers now lol. I both do and don't want more good figures of her to be made. You'll love Dress Code though, that's probably the prettiest of all of them.

I'm at 7 Sabers now lol. I both do and don't want more good figures of her to be made. You'll love Dress Code though, that's probably the prettiest of all of them.

Good gawd, how many Sabers does a man need? The only one that's ever really caught my eye, that I would buy for a reasonable price would be Saber Alter. But she's super pricey at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom