• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Yes my Ittoki Otoya finally arrived. Hopefully when I order Jinguji Ren and Masato Hijirikawa, I can get both from the same retailer and not one from two with different arrival times. Im going to need more space for them all :(

Shelf is looking good DTL!

Just picked up my Max Factory Etna and GSC Princess of the Crystal from the post office.

Mother of God, PotC's base is enormous!

Haha I told you :p

Sooooo..... Princess of the Crystal. Don't like her. That base just takes up too much real estate, and that fucking skirt is just too big. The figure is so small by comparison.

Anyone know typically how well S.H. Figurarts scale together?

I already own the Akiba Rangers along with the Green Ranger,
I haven't received my Sailor Moon or others yet though
And just saw this today
SH-Figuarts-Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-Batman-2.png
Have plenty of Batman figures/statues but though he would actually look really cool in my Figurarts collection, If he fits in the scale.

cajunator

Banned
Sooooo..... Princess of the Crystal. Don't like her. That base just takes up too much real estate, and that fucking skirt is just too big. The figure is so small by comparison.

Interestingly, her position with the base is looking more downward but you can position her looking more eye level without it.

Interestingly, her position with the base is looking more downward but you can position her looking more eye level without it.

I noticed that, too. Don't misunderstand, she's a nice-looking figure, but considering the size of the figure itself versus all the wasted space between the skirt and the base itself, I feel like the cons outweigh the pros in this case.

meijiko

I was itching for some new witches for my collection, so when I saw them on Mandarake I couldn't resist:

8kmxLbg.jpg

Unfortunately they cancelled my order. But then I found them for a tad cheaper on YJA, so I got them anyway.

I know they're not crazy amazing quality, but I think they're worth the 2500 yen I paid for the pair.

I was itching for some new witches for my collection, so when I saw them on Mandarake I couldn't resist:

8kmxLbg.jpg

Unfortunately they cancelled my order. But then I found them for a tad cheaper on YJA, so I got them anyway.

I know they're not crazy amazing quality, but I think they're worth the 2500 yen I paid for the pair.

Are they Asuka and Rei as witches? Super cute. Speaking of witches, where's my LWA figure GSC? Scale or bust.

I would also accept somebody picking up Yagyuu Toshiyuki's Marisa GK

Was this posted here yet? Juri from Street Fighter bishoujo!

http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/837532&ref=item:87533

Now all I need are Queen Rose and Poison then I'm set.

I know why it didn't happen, but characters like Juri and Rose should have been done first. They're the ones that don't already have good figures.

I just got Kobato from FedEx today... So the only October figure I have left the re-release of bishoujo Jaina Solo. I ordered her directly from Koto, so who knows when they're going to ask for payment.

I want an Annie
Same =3, also Sasha with potatoes accessories or something lol
I just want the the Titans already. Quit stalling Japan, I want my Rogue Titan, Female Titan, and Armored Titan figures, dammit.

Mikasa and Eren will have to suffice for now I guess.
Has Figma even made "Giant" characters before? Wonder what size they would be, if they did.

I probs get Eren as well, as much as I think he's not much of a good main.

Gwwwuh.

Hobbylink Japan shipped a box via SAL (non-registered, or at least without tracking) right before they read my e-mail asking to change the delivery name to my roommate, because I'm going to be out of town when the package will arrive.

If my roommate gets the USPS notice slip (I'm in North America, by the way) to pick it up from the post office, is it possible to call them and tell them to hold it longer than usual? Last time I was there to pick up a sal package, they ominously wrote on the box "hold for seven days then return to sender."

kewlmyc

Same =3, also Sasha with potatoes accessories or something lol

Has Figma even made "Giant" characters before? Wonder what size they would be, if they did.

I probs get Eren as well, as much as I think he's not much of a good main.

I rather have a scale figure rather than a figma.

Zozobra

Hey guys, thanks for the store recommendations in Akihabara a few pages back, much appreciated.

I was in Den Den Town today and saw the Medicom 12" Kaneda figure for 19,800 yen. Does that sound like a fair price for that? I thought it was a really nice figure, wouldn't mind picking it up.

LiK

Hey guys, thanks for the store recommendations in Akihabara a few pages back, much appreciated.

I was in Den Den Town today and saw the Medicom 12" Kaneda figure for 19,800 yen. Does that sound like a fair price for that? I thought it was a really nice figure, wouldn't mind picking it up.

That's a fair price for it. 17,800 was the MSRP

AmiAmi put up a notice about delays due to the typhoon they seem to be experiencing. I'm guessing that means late / no updates tonight.

BBTS has bishoujo Mara Jade up for pre-order with a May release date, so I'm guessing she actually comes out in April. If that's the case, I'll just tack her onto my April AmiAmi order.

Bombless

Man, not sure if I spoke of this figures shop we have in town before. He has mostly Marvel, DC and Star Wars stuff, with some PlayArts Kai stuff thrown in. He also had a couple Bishous for sale (Kitty Pride [has been sitting there for a couple months] and the Tekken bot, forgot her name). I passed by in August to ask about possibly ordering bishous through him and he said sure, no problem, but I need to return next month because the rerelease schedule will be known then. He also needed to check his database twice because "I haven't heard of her" (Huntress, really??). Came back in September and again he had trouble recalling her and checked again : "Uh, yeah, sure, come back in October".

Went back in today and same answer : "Eh, they haven't updated yet. Return in a couple weeks".

Thanks but no thanks, I'll just order online and take the tax hit. Hoping to find some of them for sale at the London Comic Con.

He also had a couple Bishous for sale (Kitty Pride [has been sitting there for a couple months]

And she will continue to sit. I don't see her selling out for some time.

...and the Tekken bot, forgot her name).

Alisa Bosconovitch. And I don't even really like Tekken.

Thanks but no thanks, I'll just order online and take the tax hit. Hoping to find some of them for sale at the London Comic Con.

Hey, if you can find a sealed bishoujo Catwoman, I'll give you like $30 for it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom