• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Got the Tekken Bishoujo Ling Xiaoyu figure today. The face came out a little...eerie in some of the photos, lol.

Lol, she has a chubby face.

So there's a new Madoka figure scheduled for January of 2014. I swore I wouldn't purchase another Madoka figure, since I already have the original as well as Ultimate Version, but she looks so nice...

ikODwOJO3Jrqg.jpg

Damn you, GSC. Damn you.

Nice, but my Janurary is full. Plus her face seems off compared to GSC's previous Madoka releases.

So there's a new Madoka figure scheduled for January of 2014. I swore I wouldn't purchase another Madoka figure, since I already have the original as well as Ultimate Version, but she looks so nice...

ikODwOJO3Jrqg.jpg

Damn you, GSC. Damn you.

Just order Ultimate Madoka off amiami for 8000yen, so I am set on any Madoka figures

chrono01

Madoka is sold out already, wow.

I'm guessing it's just AmiAmi being AmiAmi. She'll likely be available again tomorrow night, although it is surprising to see them sell out this quickly [even for someone like Madoka].

I've decided to pass, though. I've given it a lot of thought and I really don't feel the need to own a third Madoka, considering it's just another pose. With the Ultimate Ver. at least it was a new form with a different outfit. January is already shaping up to be expensive enough as-is.

I'm so confused as to why some Madokas are complete bombs and others sell out within minutes.

Her release is January, so I'm guessing production numbers are low so they can make that date and not be too far away from the movie. GSC announced figures last month that haven't sold out and are coming out in April(and a popular character like Asuna), for comparison.

most madoka fig sell out. The original sold out pretty fast with mami as well. Mami is even sold out for her re-release.

Ultimate madoka had two main bad things that make her easy to find.

1) overproduction
2) large box = huge shipping = mass cancellation. Nobody wanted to pay like 200 bucks + 80 for her.

most madoka fig sell out. The original sold out pretty fast with mami as well. Mami is even sold out for her re-release.

Ultimate madoka had two main bad things that make her easy to find.

1) overproduction
2) large box = huge shipping = mass cancellation. Nobody wanted to pay like 200 bucks + 80 for her.

How much is EMS or SAL reg shipping for Ultimate Madoka? I was planning on EMS combine shipping with Nendoroid Mikoto Misaka

cajunator

Banned

ikODwOJO3Jrqg.jpg

Damn you, GSC. Damn you.

Oh DAMMIT.
I dont need a third..I donttt

Takuan

Any 3A fans here? They have some of the best figures in the industry. I know I posted something in here before with no response. I hope more people check them out! Anywho, this is one of the recent drops from yesterday:
BWS1WwXCIAA6BYt.jpg

I was able to get the Snowblind colorway of this model (which was limited). It's a 1/6 scale model that comes with the missile. They just showed their second Lost Planet model and will have their Metal Gear Ray model dropping this December.

3AA member 0025 for 3 years now, and counting. I only get the Ashley Wood universe stuff, typically: WWR and Popbot, with a smattering of Adventure Kartel here and there if the figure really pops out at me. I did pick up the new Oya figure, just the TKLUB version though. Couldn't be bothered F5'ing for the Snowblind colorway and didn't need to spend that money, anyway.

I really need to cut down on my collection, since I have way too many of these figures now. Far too many. I've been wanting to move my 3x3 WWRp Large Martin set for ages now, but because of the size it costs far too much money to ship (I have no idea how they offer free shipping on some of these monsters)!

Titanfall Collector's Edition comes with this:

Holy fuck, that statue is awesome, but I don't even know where I would put it. Also, this CE is $250. What the fuck are publishers thinking?! $100 CE's were bad enough, now they're charging half-the-cost of a fucking console!

But....but but... As anime girls go, she was a one-trick pony. Her routine got old pretty quickly.

Ah well, I haven't seen the show and was just commenting on the figure, but you know we're not always concerned with the source material :p Dark Angel Olivia is from an F2P iOS game and I ain't even played 7th Dragon!

There is so much Cute in the anime world. I feel truly blessed.

That's no lie, and it's not relegated to bad shows either!

Ah well, I haven't seen the show and was just commenting on the figure, but you know we're not always concerned with the source material :p Dark Angel Olivia is from an F2P iOS game and I ain't even played 7th Dragon!

Well, I think occasionally, you find a figure where the quality transcends any need to be familiar with the source material. But I think it happens a little too often for most of us. XD

Labrys

okedoke guys, i've divvied what i want to and do not want to sell.

on this page, anything that isn't marked as favorite (and most nendoroids/figmas) i would like to sell.

a few of them have things wrong with them (no box, missing parts, broken pieces), so just contact me if you're interested at all and i can tell you what's up.

Well, I think occasionally, you find a figure where the quality transcends any need to be familiar with the source material. But I think it happens a little too often for most of us. XD

It's even weirder when it goes the other way. Well made figures from a source I enjoy but don't like the art style of. I'm looking at you, Madoka. Although I still need that new one for a present.

okedoke guys, i've divvied what i want to and do not want to sell.

on this page, anything that isn't marked as favorite (and most nendoroids/figmas) i would like to sell.

a few of them have things wrong with them (no box, missing parts, broken pieces), so just contact me if you're interested at all and i can tell you what's up.

Aww how can you sell Labrys, Labrys? :p

gokieks

Took about a month and a half, but AmiAmi finally got me a replacement part for the missing arm of my Mitsuru Kirijo figure. It... doesn't fit into the socket all that well. So this whole fiasco has definitely diminished my opinion of Vertex rather considerably.

But since it's finally completed, might as well take a picture or two:

It definitely looks much better from some angles (e.g. the first picture) than others (e.g. the second).

johnsmith

remember me
Took about a month and a half, but AmiAmi finally got me a replacement part for the missing arm of my Mitsuru Kirijo figure. It... doesn't fit into the socket all that well. So this whole fiasco has definitely diminished my opinion of Vertex rather considerably.

But since it's finally completed, might as well take a picture or two:

It definitely looks much better from some angles (e.g. the first picture) than others (e.g. the second).

Good lord. I'm really glad I passed now.

I think that Mitsuru looks really good still. I can't see any problem with her arm and wouldn't think anything if you didn't point it out. Face does look not as good from the 2nd pic's angle but I would be facing her like in the 1st pic anyway. I want one :(

Bombless

Well, Labrys seems to be part of the new boxes (as opposed to Luka that had a box twice as big.

2b3c0KK.jpg

Which Miku fig do you mean?

Edit : That photographer couldn't choose a worse place to take Belldandy's picture lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom