• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching my first episode of Comic Book Guys on AMC.

Had no idea that action figures were this serious.

vB9B5.jpg

Deprive

Maybe they want to line Bayonetta up with the movie. But damn she sure has had quite a few delays.

Dec looks like a loaded month. Wonder if Tharja will be delayed.

LiK

Maybe they want to line Bayonetta up with the movie. But damn she sure has had quite a few delays.

Dec looks like a loaded month. Wonder if Tharja will be delayed.
everything is constantly delayed this year. Almost 80% of my AmiAmi preorders have had changes in release dates.

RocBase

Can't even pretend to be surprised at Bayonetta being delayed. Again. I guess I can understand if they want to release it around the same time-frame as the movie but it doesn't make it any less annoying...

I wish I knew :(
-

Is nendo Eren up for preorder soon?
awww! ); fuckthisgayassearth.gif

I was going to say I hope so, so that maybe they can finally move away from AoT for a sec and show the world hylian nendo and gay nendo, but then I legit just caught wind of this:

Looks like there's a Levi nendo in the making --- loling all the more after having seen this image:

AoT fujoshi are having a field day I bet hahaha

Well...fuck. Another month for Bayonetta. Sigh. Watch it go all the way to December. I just fucking know it.
What is the longest a figure has been delayed?

RocBase

Wasnt planning to get a Levi, but will definitely get Levi nendo just to recreate that scene with him and Eren nendo.
post pictures

She should have been January, and is coming out on the 28th of this month.
Almost a whole year! That's nuts.
I have to kind of wonder if these delays have any effect on the figure maker themselves, because it seems to be the norm...

Have they even shown off an updated sculpt of Bayonetta after this much delay or we're sure it was finalised and held back till the movies out now? I mean they might as well "improve" the quality whilst their delaying...

Have they even shown off an updated sculpt of Bayonetta after this much delay or we're sure it was finalised and held back till the movies out now? I mean they might as well "improve" the quality whilst their delaying...

Last pics I saw of her were from NYCC. Check Tomopop or Plastikitty.

Last pics I saw of her were from NYCC. Check Tomopop or Plastikitty.

Ah found it the stand looks great: NYCC 2013: Phat! Company’s Bayonetta
Anyone have any of the Revoltech Monster Hunter Figures? I'm thinking of getting some, but they don't have many reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Revoltech-Yamaguchi-No-133-Hunter-Swordsman/dp/B00BTVK5T0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382386336&sr=8-1&keywords=monster+hunter+figure
I've got the Azure Rathlos one, they are quite good but I you ever want to pose it properly you'll definitely need the stand, at least with mine one it does great sword and all, they come with quite a number of accesories etc. The quality is good but if you can get it cheaper than from Amazon, your one's still for sale on Amiami and for a much cheaper price:
Revoltech Yamaguchi No.133 Hunter Swordsman Jinou Series from "Monster Hunter"(Released)

Ah found it the stand looks great:

I've got the Azure Rathlos one, they are quite good but I you ever want to pose it properly you'll definitely need the stand, at least with mine one it does great sword and all, they come with quite a number of accesories etc. The quality is good but if you can get it cheaper than from Amazon, your one's still for sale on Amiami and for a much cheaper price:
Revoltech Yamaguchi No.133 Hunter Swordsman Jinou Series from "Monster Hunter"(Released)

Thanks, I've never really owned figures besides stuff that comes in special editions of games, but I love monster hunter so I decided to get something from it. Thanks for the link.

I suspect the post release price will skyrocket.

If the first day she went up for pre-order is any indication, it's pretty much a certainty. HLJ just put her up yesterday and she's already sold out. I'm a bit surprised that people aren't being scared away by the shipping costs on this one.

I wonder if johnsmith is regretting his decision, yet. ;)

Giolon

I'm stoked that a Juri Bishoujo got announced. It's like a dream come true, as long as they don't fuck up her face like they did Chun-Li's.

chrono01

So there's a new Madoka figure scheduled for January of 2014. I swore I wouldn't purchase another Madoka figure, since I already have the original as well as Ultimate Version, but she looks so nice...

ikODwOJO3Jrqg.jpg

Damn you, GSC. Damn you.

So there's a new Madoka figure scheduled for January of 2014. I swore I wouldn't purchase another Madoka figure, since I already have the original as well as Ultimate Version, but she looks so nice...

Don't tell me you're really tempted by that... She's flying through the air and not even looking where she's aiming. What a dummy.

chrono01

No other support than the foot? Yeaaaaaah maybe not.
I rust that GSC will use a metal peg/support for the leg/base. Or, at least, I'd hope they would.

Don't tell me you're really tempted by that... She's flying through the air and not even looking where she's aiming. What a dummy.
She's so great at what she does that looking at the enemy is beneath her.

BTW, she's up at AmiAmi. 7,200 yen, not a bad price.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...keywords=madoka$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

If only my January wasn't so full it would be an immediate pre-order. I'll have to give it some thought. I'm sure it will be delayed [this IS GSC, after all], but even still...

chrono01

Don't do it, man. Especially if you already have two Madokas. It's a terrible pose, no matter how you try to justify it.
Well to be fair, she's based off of the Japanese poster for the Madoka Magica movie, specifically this one:

ibv27j0Kj0RXPu.jpg

I just really like the shading on her, and you can never have too much Madoka.

chrono01

It's your money, dude. But you know that you're going to see plenty of other stuff you'll want.
That's why I haven't pre-ordered yet. :)

I'm holding off to see if anything is revealed for for January that I want more, or if some stuff within that month is delayed. Even if it is I'll have to give it some careful consideration as I don't want to make the beginning of the year too painful [cost-wise].

So while I do like her, it's not enough for me to place a pre-order right away. GSC figures don't sell out immediately anyway, so I'll have at least until December to decide. Hell, Ultimate Madoka was available up until the month of release, if I remember correctly.

meijiko

I quite like her, but I also said I wouldn't get any more Madoka. If I could, I would easily replace her with my first GSC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom