• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-417751.html

Alter Yukiko - 12k yen. But one of the stand pegs is broken. damn. Really tempted to grab it, this is the cheapest i've seen it, and I'll assume she can still stand.

121.jpg

Giolon

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-417751.html

Alter Yukiko - 12k yen. But one of the stand pegs is broken. damn. Really tempted to grab it, this is the cheapest i've seen it, and I'll assume she can still stand.

121.jpg

I've actually found foot peg repair really easy using Mikatan's figma joint repair technique. I've done it many times now. Sometimes the result is even better than the original, as in the case of the staff for the 7-Sins Lucifer. I accidentally broke it off at the handle, hand-drilled a hole down the shaft, added a 1mm brass rod segment w/ super glue and now it's stronger than ever with the repair being completely invisible.

Has anyone ever bought anything directly from Koto's US site? I ordered the reissue of the Jaina bishoujo from them, but it's still showing as pre-order despite being listed for this month. I guess I'll just email them and cancel, as I ordered her from AmiAmi today for 5.5k JPY.

chrono01

Madoka re-release up on HS:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10248625

AmiAmi will likely have her later tonight. May is a MUCH better month for me, so I might order her after all. I didn't think I needed a third Madoka, but after missing out on the initial pre-orders it kind of made me realize how much I wanted her. ~_~

I have a small bit. I never pre-ordered her yet.

That's funny, because I just ordered her from AmiAmi. XD

Honestly, I want a Madoka figure, I have 0 of them, and the Ultimate Madoka would take up too much space for my liking.... plus dat EMS shipping. This one is cute, and small. Plus I'm mostly just in for bishoujos next year aside from January and April (and Olivia in March). I DESERVE THIS!

Giolon

Has anyone ever bought anything directly from Koto's US site? I ordered the reissue of the Jaina bishoujo from them, but it's still showing as pre-order despite being listed for this month. I guess I'll just email them and cancel, as I ordered her from AmiAmi today for 5.5k JPY.

I ordered the comic-con exclusive Harley Quinn from them. They came through fine. The Jaina they're selling is the US release I believe. October's not over yet. ;)

sca2511

I've actually found foot peg repair really easy using Mikatan's figma joint repair technique. I've done it many times now. Sometimes the result is even better than the original, as in the case of the staff for the 7-Sins Lucifer. I accidentally broke it off at the handle, hand-drilled a hole down the shaft, added a 1mm brass rod segment w/ super glue and now it's stronger than ever with the repair being completely invisible.

What is this technique? My Gwendolyn still has a peg stuck in her foot, still have try Radiant Dreamer's method. Also got Megahouse Chie a few days ago, still haven't opened her up.

edit: oop I didn't see that you explained it. Sounds similar to the method I want to try. I had problems trying to locate a thin rod/peg replacement at my Home Depot, where did you find yours?

chrono01

That's funny, because I just ordered her from AmiAmi. XD

Honestly, I want a Madoka figure, I have 0 of them, and the Ultimate Madoka would take up too much space for my liking.... plus dat EMS shipping. This one is cute, and small. Plus I'm mostly just in for bishoujos next year aside from January and April (and Olivia in March). I DESERVE THIS!
Yeah, if you don't have a Madoka already then this is an instant purchase. Well, I suppose that would be Ultimate Madoka, but given her size it's not really recommended to as many as this current version would be.

I like her a lot more than the original version, however I'm hesitant to pre-order this new one since, as I've said, I already own two of her and I just know that GSC will release the other girls as well, and the "collect em' all" syndrome will kick in and I'll have the need to complete the entire set. Again. I DO NOT WANT TO PUT MYSELF IN THAT SITUATION, which is why I'm holding off. For now.

I know I'll probably eventually give in, though.

this week was expensive...

Just paid for feyris nendo, miku and kallen (prize figure). Today I got a 5k GSC racing miku 2013 and a 15k yukiko (alter). I am also buying a kyubey plushy for 10k for a friend for xmas.

And I thought october would be light =(

Lol second Madoka print. Ah well that's too late for when I need it anyway, so I'm glad I got the January one.

this week was expensive...

Just paid for feyris nendo, miku and kallen (prize figure). Today I got a 5k GSC racing miku 2013 and a 15k yukiko (alter). I am also buying a kyubey plushy for 10k for a friend for xmas.

And I thought october would be light =(

Lol same here. I ended up buying MF Azunyan and Alter Kongiku and Hanna-Justina. I should get a payment request for Samus Figma and Alter Raven any day now as well.

Lol second Madoka print. Ah well that's too late for when I need it anyway, so I'm glad I got the January one.

Lol same here. I ended up buying MF Azunyan and Alter Kongiku and Hanna-Justina. I should get a payment request for Samus Figma and Alter Raven any day now as well.

one of my favorite alter figs. I'm planning on getting like 4-5 more witches with the 2 I already have.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
3 years in the making, Hot Toys finally show off their Space Pirate Captain Harlock, and he's being sold with or without his throne. Still deciding if I need this or not, I want it, but lack of space to display him properly is becoming an issue...

bjSC0qV.jpg

CyH4aCm.jpg

7SDTeyl.jpg

PL2vpwA.jpg

cJoDoLd.jpg

Ah so HT did end up timing Harlock close to the movie. He looks really good. I'd probably go with the throne if I bought. I love figures with props like that.

Sideshow's Snake Plissken that just went up looks excellent as well. He's exclusive though, which means $30 shipping and customs on top if I want him :( http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/escape-from-new-york-snake-plissken-sideshow-collectibles-1002191/

one of my favorite alter figs. I'm planning on getting like 4-5 more witches with the 2 I already have.

That's good to hear. Her design is my favourite, but I'll probably get more as well. I like the Sayna that's supposed to be coming out in the next couple of months. Cool that she comes with 2 outfits as well. And there's more next year with Lucchini sculpted.

RMI

Banned
edit: oop I didn't see that you explained it. Sounds similar to the method I want to try. I had problems trying to locate a thin rod/peg replacement at my Home Depot, where did you find yours?

Try looking in a hobby shop where they sell plastic tank and airplane model kits or 28mm miniatures for tabletop war games like 40k or Warmachine. Pinning joints with brass rod is a common way to strengthen joints in the tabletop war game hobby, so you should be able to get some rod and a pin vise to drill with. Some online shops like the war store might have that stuff too.

sca2511

I've preordered the LEs of X23, Storm, and Black Widow from the site. I wouldn't know much about it though, because once I ordered, I didn't really check the page anymore.

chrono01

^ you take nice photos.
Seriously, nice pictures!

BTW, it seems Amakuni/Hobby Japan is doing a scale figure of Erza [Fairy Tail]! The pose they chose looks amazing but I cannot link it here since it's a scan. I can link the artwork chosen for the figure, though.

iQXO9SL0GOEfD.jpg

Needless to say, it's definitely on my wishlist.

Giolon

What is this technique? My Gwendolyn still has a peg stuck in her foot, still have try Radiant Dreamer's method. Also got Megahouse Chie a few days ago, still haven't opened her up.

Amazon for 1mm brass rods: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WPB7YG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Search for "Pin Vise" for the hand-drill. Pretty much any of them will do. Start with the smallest bit to get the hole started, then use progressively larger bits to open the hole until it's big enough for the brass rod.

And I use Zap Gel for my superglue, b/c it doesn't run.

If you've got a peg stuck in the foot, you can drill out a hole, glue the rod in, then yank the broken peg out. Then you can drill a hole in the base where the peg is supposed to be, and glue the peg in w/ the rod.

Giolon

Unboxed Kongiku today and took some pics:

Yo damn. Why did I wait? We'll never know. Time to order some batteries for that lantern.

Those are some very nice Kongiku pics. I found her hard to photograph for some reason. Can't find the good angles to shoot her from.

As far as batteries, I was able to get them at a local hardware store. I forget which kind, but they're fairly standard watch batteries.

Got my Megaman X D-Arts Sigma figure today :3

OgerAmj.jpg

And Sigma with the rest of my D-Arts Megaman figs :)

Nefqvz9.jpg

He's HUGE, thought he'd be the largest of D-Arts but seem he's a figuarts zero? Either way for a figuarts zero it's still huge.

Bishoujos are like £45-55 here usually, so definitely. I should have gone to this. I'm so lazy about cons, even if it's where I live lol
Booooo to you if you are living in London XD

Bombless

Bishoujos are like £45-55 here usually, so definitely. I should have gone to this. I'm so lazy about cons, even if it's where I live lol

I love it here. Could had had a drink together :p There's an official GSC store as well! Miku and other nendos at 30 35 £ and I'm debating grabbing Miku World is mine edition (75£). Others were selling her for 100. Almost bit too. Figmas go between 35 and 50+, saw most of the BRS line at a random shop there, almost bit.

sca2511

Amazon for 1mm brass rods: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WPB7YG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Search for "Pin Vise" for the hand-drill. Pretty much any of them will do. Start with the smallest bit to get the hole started, then use progressively larger bits to open the hole until it's big enough for the brass rod.

And I use Zap Gel for my superglue, b/c it doesn't run.

If you've got a peg stuck in the foot, you can drill out a hole, glue the rod in, then yank the broken peg out. Then you can drill a hole in the base where the peg is supposed to be, and glue the peg in w/ the rod.

Yesss, Amazon. Awesome, thanks! The paint on the bottom of my Gwendolyn's foot is a bit messed up since I tried some fixes in the past. Hopefully it won't be seen. Will post when I get to fixing the problem.

One more question, how did you cut through the rod to get the appropriate length?

BTW, it seems Manakuni/Hobby Japan is doing a scale figure of Erza [Fairy Tail]! The pose they chose looks amazing but I cannot link it here since it's a scan. I can link the artwork chosen for the figure, though.

Wow at that Erza. Hope the finished product turns out just as good as the artwork.

BTW, it seems Manakuni/Hobby Japan is doing a scale figure of Erza [Fairy Tail]! The pose they chose looks amazing but I cannot link it here since it's a scan. I can link the artwork chosen for the figure, though.

Haha that scan is the laziest I've seen in a while. Shaky hand phone pic.

Amakuni seems to work with good sculptors though, so I'm interested to see up close pics. A bandaged girl holding two katanas is a good start.

Those are some very nice Kongiku pics. I found her hard to photograph for some reason. Can't find the good angles to shoot her from.

As far as batteries, I was able to get them at a local hardware store. I forget which kind, but they're fairly standard watch batteries.

Thanks :) I'm having that problem with Bounty Hunter Yoko. Looks great in person and yet I can't take a single picture of her that I like. I'll try again with artificial light when I get the off-cam flash cord I ordered.

MFC claims the batteries are LR41. I hope they're right 'cause I just bought some.

Booooo to you if you are living in London XD

Shhhhh are you trying to get knifed? :p

I love it here. Could had had a drink together :p There's an official GSC store as well! Miku and other nendos at 30 35 £ and I'm debating grabbing Miku World is mine edition (75£). Others were selling her for 100. Almost bit too. Figmas go between 35 and 50+, saw most of the BRS line at a random shop there, almost bit.

I never think about these events because none of my friends here are into that stuff. I'll have to get my act together and go next year. World is mine Miku is awesome. That redjuice artwork. If I could decide on where would be best to display her in the frame I'd buy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

BTW, it seems Amakuni/Hobby Japan is doing a scale figure of Erza [Fairy Tail]! The pose they chose looks amazing but I cannot link it here since it's a scan. I can link the artwork chosen for the figure, though.

iQXO9SL0GOEfD.jpg

Hooray for more Erza! It's kind of a weird outfit for her. It's not going to be exclusive, is it?

Also, I laughed out loud when I saw this:

FIGURE-002848_11.jpg

Shit, I don't even watch / read Fairy Tail, but I neeeeeeeed it.

chrono01

Hooray for more Erza! It's kind of a weird outfit for her. It's not going to be exclusive, is it?
It's Amakuni as well as Hobby Japan, so she'll probably be exclusive. Even still, if the painting is done well I will definitely purchase her. She will compliment Lucy well, and there's not exactly a surplus of Fairy Tail figures. :(

Shit, I don't even watch / read Fairy Tail, but I neeeeeeeed it.
Can you imagine how much someone such as myself, who enjoys Fairy Tail, wants this? I NEED IT!

Erza is such an amazing character, it's a damn shame that she's not well-represented in figure-form. Here's hoping this version ends up as well as I envision it to be!

Giolon

Yesss, Amazon. Awesome, thanks! The paint on the bottom of my Gwendolyn's foot is a bit messed up since I tried some fixes in the past. Hopefully it won't be seen. Will post when I get to fixing the problem.

One more question, how did you cut through the rod to get the appropriate length?

Wow at that Erza. Hope the finished product turns out just as good as the artwork.

You can cut through the brass rod w/ pretty much any decent wire cutters.

That Erza art is looking pretty nice. The scan I saw of the sculpt didn't look quite as good, but paint may make or break it.

Just got an email from AmiAmi.... X-Force Psylocke is now being released in December, also known as THE MOST EXPENSIVE MONTH EVER. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

My November is now empty, except for Melty, but she's sure as fuck going to get delayed too.

Just got an email from AmiAmi.... X-Force Psylocke is now being released in December, also known as THE MOST EXPENSIVE MONTH EVER. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

My November is now empty, except for Melty, but she's sure as fuck going to get delayed too.

are you in the US? just get it on amazon later on for cheaper + free shipping if you are in the US/CA.

My december is super expensive and i kinda dread if both melty come out that month as well. I think it will be like 500+ easily if it does.

are you in the US? just get it on amazon later on for cheaper + free shipping if you are in the US/CA.

My december is super expensive and i kinda dread if both melty come out that month as well. I think it will be like 500+ easily if it does.

I think that's where I may be, too. My December right now is Tharja, Tsukihi Araragi, Momo, X-Force Psylocke and Colossal Titan nendo. If Melty gets kicked back to December, too.... ouch. >.<

chrono01

[Assuming nothing is delayed]

November:

Suzuha Amane [Alter]
Belldandy with Holy Bell [Max Factory]
Dark Elf [Max Factory]
Hatsune Miku 2.0 figma
Bayonetta [Phat]
Chiharu Nishikawa [Orchid Seed]
Rikka Himegami [Alphamax]

Demon King Figure Smartphone Stand
Attack on Titan wallet

December:

Momo Velia Deviluke [Max Factory]
Super Sonico 1/5 [Orchid Seed]
Hatsune Miku Shinkai Shoujo Ver. [Good Smile Company]
Tharja [Max Factory]
Peace Keeper Daisy [Kotobukiya]

...Yeah, November will murder me if everything is released on-time.

chrono01

Well, you did do it to yourself. :D
Not really. My November was pretty free with the various other months spread out decently enough. However, things were delayed [you'd think by now this wouldn't surprise me] which compounded into one month [November].

It makes this month insanely easy [only two Nendoroid's], so the money isn't lost, but it will increase the cost of shipping for October considerably. ~_~

chrono01

What's the highest shipping fee you've ever had to pay?
Hmm, probably 11,910 yen. Although last month, if you include Insane Black Rock Shooter [that couldn't be shipped along with the items in my monthly order since all of them wouldn't fit, even in their biggest box] I had to pay 6,800 + 5,260 [12,060 yen total].

kewlmyc

[Assuming nothing is delayed]

November:

Suzuha Amane [Alter]
Belldandy with Holy Bell [Max Factory]
Dark Elf [Max Factory]
Hatsune Miku 2.0 figma
Bayonetta [Phat]
Chiharu Nishikawa [Orchid Seed]
Rikka Himegami [Alphamax]

Demon King Figure Smartphone Stand
Attack on Titan wallet

December:

Momo Velia Deviluke [Max Factory]
Super Sonico 1/5 [Orchid Seed]
Hatsune Miku Shinkai Shoujo Ver. [Good Smile Company]
Tharja [Max Factory]
Peace Keeper Daisy [Kotobukiya]

...Yeah, November will murder me if everything is released on-time.

Holy crap, son.

Hmm, probably 11,910 yen. Although last month, if you include Insane Block Rock Shooter [that couldn't be shipped along with the items in my monthly order since all of them wouldn't fit, even in their biggest box] I had to pay 6,800 + 5,260 [12,060 yen total].

Yeesh. And about how many figures do they ship you at once to get charged like that? The most I've had to pay so far was like, 6k for three figures.

chrono01

Holy crap, son.
I know, it will be painful. >_<

Yeesh. And about how many figures do they ship you at once to get charged like that? The most I've had to pay so far was like, 6k for three figures.
I try to get all of them shipped to me in a single combined order from AmiAmi [EMS], if I can. Sometimes they have to break them up, as what happened to IBRS.

The 11,910 yen one had five figures, one figma, a magazine, art book, and glasses case.

The one(s) last month, though, only had Insane Black Rock Shooter, Lucy [Shipment #1] and Saber Dress Code, Katsuragi, Yuki [Shipment #2].

IBRS and Saber Dress Code were what raised the cost for each.

errr
so if december ships like this...ouch

Jubei alter exclusive
melty
melty xmas
noel blazblue
daisy kotobukiya
tharja
elizabeth xmas
and a calendar.

I think im missing something else too >_>

I guess I don't have it so bad compared to some of you guys. But December is still looking to be my most expensive order to date, at this rate. I've tried pretty hard to manage releases so I don't have more than three figures in any given month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom