• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any 3A fans here? They have some of the best figures in the industry. I know I posted something in here before with no response. I hope more people check them out! Anywho, this is one of the recent drops from yesterday:
BWS1WwXCIAA6BYt.jpg

I was able to get the Snowblind colorway of this model (which was limited). It's a 1/6 scale model that comes with the missile. They just showed their second Lost Planet model and will have their Metal Gear Ray model dropping this December.

sca2511

Good gawd, how many Sabers does a man need? The only one that's ever really caught my eye, that I would buy for a reasonable price would be Saber Alter. But she's super pricey at this point.

Saber by Alter or Saber Alter?

OzioNEd.jpg

On the topic of Saber, which would you guys/gals choose?

Distant Avalon
dEf3RwP.jpg

or

Golden Caliburn
91T9Pp1.jpg

I own both of those and if I could only keep one it would be Distant Avalon. I think Lily is the best of her armour designs and GSC made it look great.

I realised my count of 7 is wrong as well. 7 displayed, 9 total. Come on double digits.

sca2511

Saber Alter. I know what I'm talking about. Otherwise I would have said "Alter's Saber." ;)

Haha, I was conufsed, I didn't know of the Saber Alter by name until I checked MFC.

I'm liking both Avalon and Caliburn. Avalon for the armor/looking badass and Caliburn for the dress + exclusivity. Does she even wear the Caliburn clothing in the games/visual novels? That'd probably be the deciding factor.

Bombless

Mom's second order came in the other day. Since she's on vacation I went to pick it up for her.

MSYphD4l.jpg

2012 Racing Miku's box is pretty big. That was unexpected.

kewlmyc

Haha, I was conufsed, I didn't know of the Saber Alter by name until I checked MFC.

I'm liking both Avalon and Caliburn. Avalon for the armor/looking badass and Caliburn for the dress + exclusivity. Does she even wear the Caliburn clothing in the games/visual novels? That'd probably be the deciding factor.
Saber Lilly isn't even in the games iirc.

Any 3A fans here? They have some of the best figures in the industry. I know I posted something in here before with no response. I hope more people check them out! Anywho, this is one of the recent drops from yesterday:
BWS1WwXCIAA6BYt.jpg

I was able to get the Snowblind colorway of this model (which was limited). It's a 1/6 scale model that comes with the missile. They just showed their second Lost Planet model and will have their Metal Gear Ray model dropping this December.

I've been real close to buying a few but all my toy money ends up going to more Hot Toy figures

cajunator

Banned
This has been a very busy two weeks for me. Wish I had a better camera though.

I have all the Madoka magica figures too. Every bit worth the money!

OzioNEd.jpg

Distant Avalon
dEf3RwP.jpg

or

Golden Caliburn
91T9Pp1.jpg

I have Saber lily Distant avalon. Thats my choice. The other is very elegant but I just bought the dress version Saber with that look and Imo its much better looking.

johnsmith

remember me
Preordered The Eren and Mikasa figmas off of BBTS, can't fucking wait till January and April.

Edit: unless...is it better to order off amiami or something like that?
Yes, amiami is always cheaper. BBTS prices are awful. Eren is sold out, but you can still get Mikasa. $41 vs $65. Amiami is a better deal, no question. I'm sure they'll open up more orders for Eren later too.

LiK

Yes, amiami is always cheaper. BBTS prices are awful. Eren is sold out, but you can still get Mikasa. $41 vs $65. Amiami is a better deal, no question. I'm sure they'll open up more orders for Eren later too.

negligible difference with the price for these figmas if you order with EMS for AmiAmi. shipping with BBTS will usually be $10 for this size with UPS. i'm ordering from AmiAmi these days cuz all i use is Registered SAL now. the difference in savings is worth it.

The only reason to go with AmiAmi is they'll ship it out sooner than BBTS.

My Kotobukiya Steins;Gate Makise Kurisu got custom charged ='(, paying for it tomorrow, first one in a while from Amiami =(

I blame Royal Mail going public >=T I seriously hope it's not a correlation...

chrono01

OzioNEd.jpg

Distant Avalon
dEf3RwP.jpg

or

Golden Caliburn
91T9Pp1.jpg
All of them are amazing [I own all three], but I think I prefer Distant Avalon slightly more. She just looks more...prepared for battle with the armor and such, but she's more elegant in the Golden Caliburn Ver.

It's a great sculpt, for sure.

Thanks man, Im definitely going to be using amiami most of the rime now.
Yeah AmiAmi are amazing. They're extremely strict regarding cancellations so don't use them if you're not entirely sure of the purchase or not. They always ship out extremely fast for me, contact me quickly when I have a question to ask, and usually [99.9% of the time] have the cheapest prices on pre-orders.

I use HS for things that are sold out on AmiAmi and HLJ for anything that I'm not 100% sure on.

Technically you should pay tax on all packages from outside the EU. Consider yourself lucky they missed you until now.

=( You're harshing my buzz bro XD

All that Saber statues reminds me I need to finish watching Fate Stay Night and the others that are out =P

Also RAH of Neon Genesis Evangelion Rei Ayanami:

Which also reminded me RAH Link is out next month...
RAH Real Action Heroes Link at Wonder Festival 2013

Thank god I'm not getting the PS4 till February or so, next year.

johnsmith

remember me
I got my Megahouse Chie today. She actually turned out well. She's definitely the best Megahouse Persona figure so far, no contest. If she wasn't an exclusive I'd definitely recommend her, but seeing how expensive she is, you'd have to be a super fan like me to get her. She does come with 2 heads, and 2 torsos, so I'm sure that added to the cost. But probably not worth $128 shipped. Still glad I got her though. She's about the same quality as Wave's Rise.

LiK

All of them are amazing [I own all three], but I think I prefer Distant Avalon slightly more. She just looks more...prepared for battle with the armor and such, but she's more elegant in the Golden Caliburn Ver.

It's a great sculpt, for sure.

Yeah AmiAmi are amazing. They're extremely strict regarding cancellations so don't use them if you're not entirely sure of the purchase or not. They always ship out extremely fast for me, contact me quickly when I have a question to ask, and usually [99.9% of the time] have the cheapest prices on pre-orders.

I use HS for things that are sold out on AmiAmi and HLJ for anything that I'm not 100% sure on.

One reason I don't mind preordering from BBTS. Cancel whenever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1394068_671384809547354_1420509894_n.jpg

Tamashii Nations is proud to announce the first item in an all new brand: "PROPLICA". A fusion of the words "Prop" and "Replica," this new category has been garnered from decades of Bandai role-play category know-how and employs state-of-the-art manufacturing technology to bring realistic prop replicas to discerning collectors.

The first item in this series will be a faithful 1:1 scale replica of the “Moon Stick” from Sailor Moon! Coming Spring 2014! Japan MSRP 8000yen U.S. MSRP: Pending

Features accurate and elegant portrayal- colorful details and light-up gimmick
An extensive vocal recording with sound effects
Exquisite display method
glob.gif

Ryuuroden

Look at that pearl sash/thing. I liked her when all there was were full shots, then this image sealed the deal a thousand times. I had to put all my diplomacy skills into dissuading my mother from ordering a second one. There's no need for 2 of them and if this sells well there's a chance they'll go for a recolor.

Also, since Trigger is backed by GSC, I expect Kill la Kill to become an insanely succesfull figure line.

I am eagerly awaiting the Kill la Kill line :D

So I received my Yoko/Nia mini-figures from amiami about a month ago, but my friend's crunchyroll preorder on them hasn't shipped yet.

Uh..... well, I'm sure they'll be shipped out any day now.

chrono01

You and I clearly have different concepts of "much higher". I was thinking you meant like, $20 or $30 more.
Sorry about that. For some reason I had remembered/thought that she was around 10,000 yen at AmiAmi, but it appears that isn't the case.

It's really not so bad after all!

I'm sure everybody saw this coming, with it being the 21st and the only confirmed item shipping from Max Factory is Nyaruko, but they've delayed everything. In some cases(Sheryl Nome) considerably:

· Shipping out from GSC on the 29th October (Tues):
Good Smile Company - Ichika Takatsuki
Penguin Parade - Yukimura Kusunoki

The following products have had their release dates changed:
· Changed from October to November 2013:

Max Factory - figma Hatsune Miku 2.0
Max Factory - Kuroyukihime ~Death by Embracing~
Max Factory - Belldandy with Holy Bell
Max Factory - Dark Elf
Max Factory - Dark Elf: Brown Skin ver.
Penguin Parade - Petanko Yu Narukami
Penguin Parade - Petanko Rise Kujikawa
Penguin Parade - Petanko Mini!: Madoka Magica Trading Figures
Phat! Company - Nendoroid Yoshika Miyafuji: Shinden Ver.
Phat! Company - Bayonetta
Good Smile Racing - GSR ProjectMirai BMW 2012: Second Leg Fuji ver.

· Changed from October to December 2013:
WING - Fiona: Shunya Yamashita ver.

· Changed from October 2013 to January 2014:
Max Factory - Sheryl Nome

· Changed from November to December 2013:
Max Factory - Momo Belia Deviluke

MOMO!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Well, it makes my November a bit cheaper while fucking my December in the mouth. I'm just waiting for Melty to get delayed again.

Giolon

B]· Changed from October to December 2013:[/B]
WING - Fiona: Shunya Yamashita ver.

Ah fuck me. That's my most looked forward to figure in the rest of the year.

I did pick up the other Wing Fiona on the cheap for 3750 yen from AmiAmi for B/B. It should show up any day now.

RMI

Banned
Kinda bummed about the Miku 2.0 delay. Both October and November are looking expensive for me, but at least this takes the heat off a little in the short term. My budget got a little hosed by unexpected vehicle maintenance this month so I can use a tiny bit of breathing room anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom