• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Whoops, I guess I was so stunned I forgot about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24699994

The Simpsons did it first ;P
bmIBDo7.jpg

=O
FIGURE-002930.jpg
FIGURE-002930_04.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-002930&page=top

Rootbeer

Banned
I think I need that Indy... especially since it's in scale with the new 6" Star Wars black series figures.

I love seeing Figma do more western figures lately. Variety is nice!

Hurry and give us the other avengers (Already got Spidey on pre-order)

sca2511

Damnnnnnnn @ the Mara Jade. Looks so good, not sure if I can wait for the US release. How much is SAL on a typical Bishoujo?

StayDead

Well if that is true it didn't affect my Isabelle order which is good.

There's nothing about it on their actual website so I would imagine it was a rumour.

I know I got an email recently since they had issues with their shipping emails not sending, but I got it in the end (the email that is) and my orders were all being sent fine.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well if that is true it didn't affect my Isabelle order which is good.

I contacted them regarding an order I have in waiting and they didn't make any mention of it. Which is good. Rumors are dumb, so hopefully this doesn't impact my future ordering.

Oh, about the AmiAmi thing, on the J side, there are certain figures that are marked as "for sale in Japan only" and some of the warnings carried over onto the English site (the Luka figma was one I encountered).

I think it's there to cover their asses in case of content, like the H stuff, or general liability.

I have to admit to being confused about this as well, enough so that I missed the chance to pick up said Luka figma for 2000 yen when they were clearing them out.

Oh, I have no idea who Mara Jade is, but pre-ordered anyway. To use a tired, but wholly appropriate internet meme: dat ass.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I thought everything was labelled "for sale in Japan only" (I admit I don't exactly look at that box much).

LiK

I thought everything was labelled "for sale in Japan only" (I admit I don't exactly look at that box much).

Pretty much everything not distributed by overseas distributors aren't technically allowed to be sold outside Japan. It's a pretty useless warning unless international distributors pick it up to sell overseas.

Oh, about the AmiAmi thing, on the J side, there are certain figures that are marked as "for sale in Japan only" and some of the warnings carried over onto the English site (the Luka figma was one I encountered).

I think it's there to cover their asses in case of content, like the H stuff, or general liability.

It's licensing, in this case. That's why figma Link originally had it slapped on the Japanese retailer pre-orders; GSC didn't have the licensing in the US to handle it for some time. Technically, Amiami and others could get in trouble for shipping that stuff overseas, but the figure companies don't seem to go after them that hard for it. It's not necessarily Nintendo being a hard-ass or anything, but they have to make sure they get everything green-lit ahead of time.

In my own experience, I've often found that with exchange rates being so finicky and customer service stuff (the US divisions of these companies are focused on US/North America only and can't help you with stuff you bought overseas outside their distribution channels, which is something I've been told point blank a few times before and that I try to remind people when I report pre-orders), that the 1-2 months you get it early is not worth it anymore. I have been burnt badly on a few Koto bishoujos, for example, when the exchange rate fell and it ended up costing me more to get it early than it did to just wait and buy it from Amazon or BBTS.

RMI

Banned
anybody ever have to pay import fees on their packages in the US? Do you know what price level customs starts looking at boxes coming in, and in general what the import fees are? I just paid for my October order and am wondering if I might get hit with extra fees.

LiK

anybody ever have to pay import fees on their packages in the US? Do you know what price level customs starts looking at boxes coming in, and in general what the import fees are? I just paid for my October order and am wondering if I might get hit with extra fees.
never had to pay any import fees ever. And I've been importing stuff for like 15+ years

RMI

Banned
oh well that's good to hear. I was under the impression that once you got beyond some certain value they could hit you with fees, but maybe I'm just half remembering some worry I had when shipping a package oversees recently.

oh well that's good to hear. I was under the impression that once you got beyond some certain value they could hit you with fees, but maybe I'm just half remembering some worry I had when shipping a package oversees recently.

there is a certain value supposedly. Its like 2000~

Yeah, all of mine are still sealed. I even got that Wizard World exclusive Eva-01 "Adam" figure from EB Games of all places. There was a time in the early 2000's when they carried anime DVDs, as well as McFarlane toys and some select import action figures.

Nice, real nice! My local EB (if we are talking about the same game store) didn't really do much by way of figs etc that I can remember, I was lucky enough to have a small independent retailer that had pretty much everything you could think of/ hope and dream of under one roof!

gokieks

Hmm, need to decide if I want to get Mara Jade from AmiAmi or wait until it shows up from US retailers. I'm really not that big a fan of the figure itself, but I really like her character (what I really would like is something based on the cover image of Sacrifice).

Hmm, need to decide if I want to get Mara Jade from AmiAmi or wait until it shows up from US retailers. I'm really not that big a fan of the figure itself, but I really like her character (what I really would like is something based on the cover image of Sacrifice).

DOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!1!!1

mara jade will be on amazon. If you can wait you can probably get her for 45~ bucks. I got christie from tekken for like 40 and shes now going for like 100 on amazon.

gokieks

I think I'm going to wait for it to show up on Amazon. I can wait, especially since I'm out of space in my DETOLFs and need to get another one first anyway.

Bombless

Got both from London Comic Con. Black Bats in May and Huntress last weekend (along with Jaycee and Binary Miss Marvel, who also happens to have an epic butt). Will post pics when I get off work!

Edit : Actually, have a bad phone pic :
4ag0JF3l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom