• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alter do re-release. From memory it's usually really popular figures that get one though. Dizzy, Momo, Yagyu Jubei and Naoe etc.

As for how figures are made. At GSC they're handpainted:

Mikatan's factory field trip part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Finale
jX2mNXe2yw20z.jpg
jb1xdBFJGSnsET.jpg

jMtdkkNoojZks.jpg

Felt wrong but I loled thinking that the faces was used not to hide their identity but their disgruntled faces XD

Wow, I'm kinda surprised someone has those old Kaiyodo Evangelion figures besides me.

Those Kaiyodo Evangelion figures are great! I have the majority of the EVAs still boxed. I just havent had the right space to display them, seeing them out reminded me of how great they really look out in the open and proudly on display.

Those Kaiyodo Evangelion figures are great! I have the majority of the EVAs still boxed. I just havent had the right space to display them, seeing them out reminded me of how great they really look out in the open and proudly on display.

Yeah, all of mine are still sealed. I even got that Wizard World exclusive Eva-01 "Adam" figure from EB Games of all places. There was a time in the early 2000's when they carried anime DVDs, as well as McFarlane toys and some select import action figures.

Giolon

God, I want her so bad, but she's out of my price range.

I've given up on getting Alter's Elizabeth for a remotely reasonable price. I'm now praying for a re-release since there are going to be movie releases.

You know, that Alter Elizabeth was one of my holy grails, and I even came close to shelling out $400 for her while I was in Tokyo last year, but now the Ques Q Elizabeth is right around the corner and if she holds up to the prototype looks like she'll be even better!

gokieks

Wow, I'm kinda surprised someone has those old Kaiyodo Evangelion figures besides me.

Heh, I've got a bunch of those too. Though most of the extra spare parts have been lost over the years through several moves. Quick and dirty (and very poorly lit) picture:

I also had the Adam version (funnily, also from EB Games, I think), but I'm not sure where it is. Possibly in my parents' garage thousands of miles away?

Hey guys, look! An actual 1/8 Girls und Panzer figure! Cuuuuuute. But it does look like she's got a nasty seam or two.

Heh, I've got a bunch of those too. Though most of the extra spare parts have been lost over the years through several moves.

I never grabbed the blue version of 00, and I kinda lost interest in them before that Mass Production version from End of Evangelion came out. But I had pretty much all the others, including the Rei and Asuka figures. But in addition to the regular version of 01, I also have one that's packaged in this gigantic box with a bunch of extra accessories that don't come with the standard edition.

gokieks

I never grabbed the blue version of 00, and I kinda lost interest in them before that Mass Production version from End of Evangelion came out. But I had pretty much all the others, including the Rei and Asuka figures. But in addition to the regular version of 01, I also have one that's packaged in this gigantic box with a bunch of extra accessories that don't come with the standard edition.

I think my -01 actually is the giant box one, heh. I might also have the regular 01? Not sure where it is if so.

nny

My 01 is also that one; never got 00 or 02; I do have a nasty Mass Production Eva attacking a destroyed 02 ;P

LadyRiven

I think my -01 actually is the giant box one, heh. I might also have the regular 01? Not sure where it is if so.

OMG, is it the one with the box that's like 99 percent packaging? If so, I have that one too. It still in the box even. So much space... orz

LadyRiven

I see lotsa you got Tsukiko. not that I blame you. My god shes adorable. I am keeping her in the box for now away from the terrible dust until I have a nice display spot.

She is SO freaking adorable. I haven't taken mine out of the box yet either. She deserves a very good display area. :D

chrono01

Belldandy with Holy Bell seems to finally have a release date [November 7th].

Here's hoping it's actually released this time [although I'll have to wait until the end of November regardless].

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So the Isabelle from New Leaf Nendo should be shipping today. Will have to keep an eye out for my AmiAmi email.

This is the first figurine I've purchased in a while (excluding Ganondorth with WWHD). Guess I (or to be more correct my wallet) have been a bit lucky that the characters I've liked haven't been popular enough to get a figure.

So the Isabelle from New Leaf Nendo should be shipping today. Will have to keep an eye out for my AmiAmi email.

This is the first figurine I've purchased in a while (excluding Ganondorth with WWHD). Guess I (or to be more correct my wallet) have been a bit lucky that the characters I've liked haven't been popular enough to get a figure.

But Kirito and Asuna have plenty of figures between them.
And two years worth of semen.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there something going on with AmiAmi? Someone on another board I post on said they won't be shipping certain products outside of Japan anymore???

Bombless

Waiting on the Eurostar to go back home. Final tally for the weekend : Bishoujo Ms. Marvel LE, Huntress and Jaycee. Black Gold Saw figma, Miku Yukata Nendoroid and SD Strike Weapon Systems.

Good thing I prepared for this, brought a big enough handbag to fit all the Bishous (Ms Marvel's box is ridiculous).

Pachimari

Someone's got it in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86947039&postcount=5935
So maybe you're on a backorder?

I imported it...maybe the U.S. release was delayed?

Yeah it's probably just delayed which is fine by me. I need to get the Lili one as well but don't have the funds at the moment.

kewlmyc

Christ, is the a Gurren Lagann figure that isn't 5 inches tall? I was hoping for a 1/8 model but everything out there is so tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom