• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

My December is super tame compared to you guys.

Nendoroid - Dangan Ronpa the Animation: Makoto Naegi
Nendoroid - Colossal Titan & Attack on Titan Playset
Dangan Ronpa the Animation - Monokuma Stencil T-shirt/ BLACK
Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena - Elizabeth

I don't have one.

In order of acquisition.

mGUNY1p.png

Luigi87

Good thing yesterday was payday for me. Just got my payment confirmation from AmiAmi for the Samus figma reprint. Soon my Nintendo figmas will no longer be Samus-less, only Pitoo-less.

3 years in the making, Hot Toys finally show off their Space Pirate Captain Harlock, and he's being sold with or without his throne. Still deciding if I need this or not, I want it, but lack of space to display him properly is becoming an issue...

bjSC0qV.jpg

oh my. i can't pass on this. even if his face is too handsome. always wanted to have a nice harlock figure. yummy!

kewlmyc

That's a pretty sweet month. Looking at the pics of P4 protag it seems Megahouse didn't phone that one in. How about that.
Yeah, he's surprisingly great quality. I wasn't sure when I first ordered him since everyone says Megahouse is bad quality, but I guess the other characters like Yukiko and Chie must be super bad.

I'm surprised I even made the list. Where do you find this information at anyway?

Yeah, he's surprisingly great quality. I wasn't sure when I first ordered him since everyone says Megahouse is bad quality, but I guess the other characters like Yukiko and Chie must be super bad.

I'm surprised I even made the list. Where do you find this information at anyway?
It won't appear on the subscribed thread list but before you click onto a thread click on the replies number and you'll get the stats.
Not surprised by the top posts. Also, I should make a MFC profile.
Ditto XD, will help me keep track of the monthly figures much better.

Chao

Heh, not sure if this is Figure GAF related, because I'm not sure if you guys are into ball jointed dolls (BJD).
I attended Ldoll festival in Lyon at the beginning of this month. There were really cool (and expensive) dolls there, both for sale and display, and accessories like shoes hats and the like.
It was an interesting experience, it's crazy how despite the outrageous prices on some products almost everything was sold out or reserved in a matter of hours, and the event still went on for two days!

You could see people walking around while holding their 2 feet tall dolls in their arms all the time, it was really curious to see.

That was our Irrealdoll booth at the event, you can see Enyo, Ino, Dryo dolls on the table. And that's me on the left, with my sexy heart face.

Will go again next year I guess, we sold everything and the city was nice to visit. There's a cinema museum in the city where real props from movies are exhibited, they had the original Gizmo and a gremlin from Gremlins 2 and the Queen Alien from Aliens among other things. Unfortunately the Queen Alien was being restored at the time and wouldn't be back until next year, so I have an excuse to go again.

cajunator

Banned
I see lotsa you got Tsukiko. not that I blame you. My god shes adorable. I am keeping her in the box for now away from the terrible dust until I have a nice display spot.

Danferno

tpUUnyRl.jpg

BXCjRnTl.jpg

No MFC account (yet), but here's my meager collection thus far. Obviously, video game characters are my main interest, specifically Vanillaware. The Momohime re-release was my first purchase that kicked this whole thing off. Perhaps someday I can get the older Odin Sphere ladies--but I'm not quite ready to start dealing with used figures yet.

My account was just activated, so I thought I'd come out of hiding. I've been lurking for about a year here (about the same time I started collecting). This and the previous thread have been a great source of info and advice--so thank you for being so enthusiastic and open.

Welcome to GAF Danferno, and nice collection!

Saw a couple 7th Dragon Hacker around 95£ at London Comicon. Doesn't it go for higher online?

Samurai does, but Hacker is more reasonable at about 10K on Mandarake before shipping, which is about £63. I don't know about amiami.

kewlmyc

And you're already showing a fine lack of self-control. Your collection will be inexcusably huge and expensive in no time!
Lol, I'm trying to limit it to only a few series that I like and only getting one of each character unless I have a personal connection to, but I'll probably gonna end up breaking that rule soon enough. I already had to fight the temptation of buying that new Madoka figure from GSC.

For the people who have 70+ figures, where to you keep them all? In those glass cases from IKEA?

Lol, I'm trying to limit it to only a few series that I like and only getting one of each character unless I have a personal connection to, but I'll probably gonna end up breaking that rule soon enough. I already had to fight the temptation of buying that new Madoka figure from GSC.

Yeah, I think that's how most of us started. Don't worry, your resolve will crumble. ;)

For the people who have 70+ figures, where to you keep them all? In those glass cases from IKEA?

You still have a small collection, so picking up one or two detolfs from Ikea ($65 ea.) should be plenty for now. Later on, you might want to keep a set number of display cases and just swap out which figures you display every now and then. Otherwise you may end up the PVC figure equivalent of the dreaded crazy cat lady.

im getting a shelf with glass doors sometimes in nov. I also have 2 mini shelfs with figures + the top of my drawer

I had a sudden impulse to buy Aigis (art work/Alter), and Rise (alter). But then I realize persona 3 movie, persona 4 arena climax and the teaser site in Nov are going down. All that means is chance of re-release or new figures. I mean labrys is getting one already.

Giolon

im getting a shelf with glass doors sometimes in nov. I also have 2 mini shelfs with figures + the top of my drawer

I had a sudden impulse to buy Aigis (art work/Alter), and Rise (alter). But then I realize persona 3 movie, persona 4 arena climax and the teaser site in Nov are going down. All that means is chance of re-release or new figures. I mean labrys is getting one already.

You CANNOT pass up an opportunity for Aigis Art Works Ver. She's impeccable!

its not like she is going anywhere. You can find her pretty easy for 12k. I'll wait a month and see if it iwll be re-release. P3 movie and all. If anything I bet they would save it for the P3-2 movie since the first movie is only the first half.

kewlmyc

God, I want her so bad, but she's out of my price range.

I've given up on getting Alter's Elizabeth for a remotely reasonable price. I'm now praying for a re-release since there are going to be movie releases.

johnsmith

remember me
Heh, not sure if this is Figure GAF related, because I'm not sure if you guys are into ball jointed dolls (BJD).
I attended Ldoll festival in Lyon at the beginning of this month. There were really cool (and expensive) dolls there, both for sale and display, and accessories like shoes hats and the like.
It was an interesting experience, it's crazy how despite the outrageous prices on some products almost everything was sold out or reserved in a matter of hours, and the event still went on for two days!

You could see people walking around while holding their 2 feet tall dolls in their arms all the time, it was really curious to see.

That was our Irrealdoll booth at the event, you can see Enyo, Ino, Dryo dolls on the table. And that's me on the left, with my sexy heart face.

Will go again next year I guess, we sold everything and the city was nice to visit. There's a cinema museum in the city where real props from movies are exhibited, they had the original Gizmo and a gremlin from Gremlins 2 and the Queen Alien from Aliens among other things. Unfortunately the Queen Alien was being restored at the time and wouldn't be back until next year, so I have an excuse to go again.

Personally BJDs creep me out, but you're free to post about them here.

New Persona figures are possible but Alter have used the same sculptor for all their Persona stuff, so unless they branch out there's only so much he can do :p Means Labrys is all but guaranteed to be awesome though, and Ques Q have the P3 license as well.

kewlmyc

New Persona figures are possible but Alter have used the same sculptor for all their Persona stuff, so unless they branch out there's only so much he can do :p Means Labrys is all but guaranteed to be awesome though, and Ques Q have the P3 license as well.

What about re-releases? It shouldn't be hard to make more right? Unless each is handmade. Not sure how figure production works.

What about re-releases? It shouldn't be hard to make more right? Unless each is handmade. Not sure how figure production works.

as far as im aware. The main prototype is hand sculpted. Afterward they are massed produced to a certain number based on orders and popularity.

Re-releases depend largely on demand and whether or not manufacturers still have the appropriate molds

Big ones creep me out too, but I've learned to love the smaller and cuter ones. Also there are non human creatures that are really cool.

Pics? I'd like to see these non-humans.

Jayhawk

Big ones creep me out too, but I've learned to love the smaller and cuter ones. Also there are non human creatures that are really cool.

I'd like to see pics of these from your collection. The only mean-spirited judging and hate for this hobby that you'd see in this thread is towards Freezasaurus and his large post count. >:O

Too bad I can't add Hot Toys figures and some other expensive comic figures, since they're not on MFC.

I am a big fan of Hot Toys too! I wish there was some thread that could act as a support group for my filthy filthy habit. I've been pretty well behaved with them recently but I always have an urge to purchase things with the Hot Toys symbol irrespective of what licence it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom