• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolon

It begins...

M916ptH.jpg

Wait...is this Bishoujo Freddie and Jason?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Awww sleeveless is exclusive. Need to think on that. As for Judith, she hasn't been announced. Alter wouldn't just leave her out, would they? :(
I hope not, Judith's the one I've wanted most, well her and Repede...

Fuck, had no idea there's two different Thors until I checked. I wonder which one I should go for....

There isn't a NRD on the "Exclusive" Thor so pre-order him now and make your mind up later, the normal one won't sell out first...

chrono01

I'm so glad I'm not into collecting the Kotobukiya Bishoujo's. They're great, I just don't feel the need to own them. It definitely saves me from the temptation. :)

On the subject of figures, I finally pre-ordered Swamp Witch from Phat. Seeing HS and a few other sites [such as BIJ] already sold out, it worried me, so I jumped on it. She looks amazing, but knowing Phat [and the design of the figure], she'll likely be delayed to 2015 2016.

RMI

Banned
The shoulders look weird. Her chest, too. I'm not terribly sad to have missed it on amiami. I like Noel, but this and the Vertex fig are both misses in my book.

I'm so glad I'm not into collecting the Kotobukiya Bishoujo's. They're great, I just don't feel the need to own them. It definitely saves me from the temptation.

Bishoujos are what got me (back) into figure collecting. I could never abandon them. If I had the self-control, I would collect ONLY bishoujos. They're nice and cheap, unlike everything else that's going steadily toward $100+ a pop.

chrono01

Bishoujos are what got me (back) into figure collecting. I could never abandon them. If I had the self-control, I would collect ONLY bishoujos. They're nice and cheap, unlike everything else that's going steadily toward $100+ a pop.
I can see why, they definitely have a lot of variation/appeal to them.

BTW, here's the sculpt for Vertex's upcoming Tiki [Dragon's Crown].

Warning: You will likely HNNNNNNNG!

ibhCKdhOMlXZy2.jpg

Giolon

I can see why, they definitely have a lot of variation/appeal to them.

BTW, here's the sculpt for Vertex's upcoming Tiki [Dragon's Crown].

Warning: You will likely HNNNNNNNG!

ibhCKdhOMlXZy2.jpg

That's pretty great but I wish they had done her passed out in the frothing mead cup.

RMI

Banned
eagerly awaiting that paintjob on Tiki. I haven't been crazy about any of the Dragon's Crown figs so far, but this looks like it could be a winner.

vertex seems find for their smaller fig. Their senran figures are all solid imo. I'll let you know how noel turns out.

I might PO cheerleader sonico... was never a sonico fan though. I also might po eren figma

Jayhawk

Just wanted to mention one last time to my fellow Figure-GAFfers that I am raffling away a Shepard Bishoujo as well as a few games for people that donate more than $20 USD to any of my team members for Extra Life 2013. Extra Life 2013 participants are raising funds for children's hospitals. Note that I need to be able to contact you to be eligible for the raffle, so leave a non-anonymous donation.

For more information, visit my friend's Twitch.tv page (http://twitch.tv/naeht). To donate to me, use the donation link for Joseph on that Twitch page. You'll see me on that Twitch stream tomorrow, and when I'm not on stream... I'll probably be playing Pokemon Y on my 3DS.

These things are getting too expensive and space is too tight to put up with anything but the best anymore.

Fair enough. But you might want to wait and see how it turns out before mentioning the quality issues of past Vertex figures. Kotobukiya used to be nothing special, but they came a long way.

johnsmith

remember me
Fair enough. But you might want to wait and see how it turns out before mentioning the quality issues of past Vertex figures. Kotobukiya used to be nothing special, but they came a long way.

I've been burned too many times and I'm now a cynical bastard. Only Max Factory has never let me down. Max Factory will never let me down.

I've been burned too many times and I'm now a cynical bastard. Only Max Factory has never let me down. Max Factory will never let me down.

What did Alter do to disappoint you?

EDIT: Okay, you may have a point about Max Factory. I don't know what Zone-00 is, but I know I need this figure...

EDIT 2: oh, wait. That's a dude? .................... :p

Luigi87

Two month delay?
... I don't mind if that is the case, with PS4, and needing to get stuff for my sister's wedding, this month is expensive enough for me...

Edit: Oh, just got the email, lol. Woo

I'd like to spend my RAH Link monies on other things too, do you think there's any case they'll suddenly change it back to November/December? I think I'll wait a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom