• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

I really liked this show, but this figma seems a little bland to me. Just not crazy about any of the facial expressions. I could have gone with a cute or happy face instead of that plain one.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of "PANZER VOR!". There's going to be a tank that's figma compatible, I just know it. Nothing stops this train panzer.

Turns out Dark Elf is super gorgeous. Miles better than Elf in my opinion (but maybe because I'm a dark elf player at heart). Thank the Maker her trail is already attached and not to be "stuck in" like Elf. I was really impressed by the metal & gem piece on her gorget. I was afraid it would arrive broken, but it is standing defiantly!
6BCeo5B.jpg
FGo8blu.jpg

Dat ass trail.
The collection so far. I'll need the Detolfs to add Kamael, my pc can't hold so much greatness. There is one thing I dislike about it : her balance. She's tall and her anchor point is too narrow. She needs a very stable shelf as she's very quick to wobble.

Bonus images (forgive the blurryness, I was in a hurry) :

The siringe in her hand broke as we tried to fit it in her fingers but that was easily fixable. It's odd that she has no pegs but the stance is stable enough. Mom had forgotten she was cast-off and was staring at her bra not knowing where/how to put it on. She's not interested in that though, it went away. We also gave up on trying to put her glasses on, it just wouldn't fit.

Mom also expressed her dissapointment at not having more decent nurse figures available. Clearly you've failed her, Japan!

Just paid for my November... Had to eat the EMS fee as I guess Mu's box is ginormous.

Now to hope Alter names a date for Dizzy so I can combine her with Noel for December.

Oh, any non-Ikea alternatives for display cases? Some of my figures are suffering from dust damage (Tony Taka Miku (T_T)) so I'd like to get them in an enclosed space.

Oh, and to my fellow 'Muricans, Happy Gluttony/Crass Consumerism!

Oh, any non-Ikea alternatives for display cases? Some of my figures are suffering from dust damage (Tony Taka Miku (T_T)) so I'd like to get them in an enclosed space.

Non-Ikea is going to probably be considerably more expensive. Ikea has billy bookcases with glass doors. You might wanna check those out. I'm toying with the idea, myself.

With Dizzy delayed, I might just add her on for December, especially if Tharja gets pushed back.

I was thinking the same thing before I realized it's a baaaaad idea to push your luck.

Just bought a "Like New" Lili bishoujo from Amazon warehouse deals for $38. I wonder what kind of shape she'll be in.

I just bought the Christie bishoujo for $59.99 ($71 shipped) from Kirin Hobby. Seeing as she's hitting $90 on Amazon, and $100+ on N-Y, now is probably the time to pull the trigger on her. I've been wanting to get her forever, but was never too into Tekken. But the series does have a few figures I like.

Bombless

I'm waiting for December/January to pass so I can turn to completing the Bisho line. Too many unknowns in terms of delays to commit to more figures, which is good, considering my space related predicaments ;)

There's actually quite a few nurse figures, but a lot of them are older. It's kind of a classic motif, and I guess it's more of a fetish thing so most of them are quite sexual.

Yeah, that's what she said, most of them are on the risqué side. Though she does have that nurse figure with the giant seringe ordered.

Turns out Dark Elf is super gorgeous. Miles better than Elf in my opinion (but maybe because I'm a dark elf player at heart). Thank the Maker her trail is already attached and not to be "stuck in" like Elf. I was really impressed by the metal & gem piece on her gorget. I was afraid it would arrive broken, but it is standing defiantly!

Was expecting this to be a separate piece, then I'd have the option to display her without it. Both my blue and brown elves are still in the private warehouse. Might as well wait for Kamael to come out and ship them together. Incidentally, it's a little early but I'm calling it now.

DELAYED.

Bombless

Was expecting this to be a separate piece, then I'd have the option to display her without it. Both my blue and brown elves are still in the private warehouse. Might as well wait for Kamael to come out and ship them together. Incidentally, it's a little early but I'm calling it now.

DELAYED.

Ah, I explained that wrong. The trail is slid around the waist, like Elf's waist armour piece. You can take off the torso and slide it off. While her butt is glorious (and canon), the trail is such a nice piece of work I'd rather keep it on.

Bonus new delivery pic :

Edit : And just after I post this the postman rings and brings me Snow Miku. Christmas is saved! (well, almost, YOU BETTER BRING ME BAYONETTA THIS MONTH JAPANESE SANTA!)

Aytrial

Been hoping Nippon-Yasan would get the 1/8 Rikka figure in, so I'm glad she went up again today. Their price is also a lot better than Yokatta.

Being NY though, I expect it to take like a week until they ship her.

cajunator

Banned
Been hoping Nippon-Yasan would get the 1/8 Rikka figure in, so I'm glad she went up again today. Their price is also a lot better than Yokatta.

Being NY though, I expect it to take like a week until they ship her.

It says mines in Osaka as of the 29th. It might be one of those cases where EMS never updates and it just arrives like my Nymph figure did. Whatever. shes on her way!

Bombless

Postman came with Love is War DX box. I had 100€ ready for the tax...and it wasn't enough, have to pay 115€. He wouldn't stick around 5 mins for me to run to the gas station and draw some cash.

Instead I have to wait until monday to get the damn package at the Post Office.

Le sigh.

Postman came with Love is War DX box. I had 100€ ready for the tax...and it wasn't enough, have to pay 115€. He wouldn't stick around 5 mins for me to run to the gas station and draw some cash.

Le sigh.
Jesus damn, how much did it cost you?

Aytrial

Le sigh.

Jesus Christ, that much just for tax?

Bombless

50k yen, about 360€. I'm not sure how the tax is calculated but it also depends on the value put by Amiami on the packaging.

If they put the full value instead of the official value when the item came out, yeah, it'd prolly amount something around that. There's also the "handling/filing fee" which is belgian post bullshit. But even with the tax it's still cheaper than most other places selling it for 400+ €.

Edit : To clarify, 115€ is for tax and the post handling fee, whatever that means.

Aytrial

Australia only has import tax on stuff above $1000.

Though retailers are trying to bring the threshold down to as low as $20. Jerks.

gokieks

Got my replacement Holy Bell from GSC today. They apparently just cut the plastic packaging from the whole thing in half and just sent me that, with extra padding inside to make sure this one doesn't get damaged.

I actually decided to just use some superglue to fix the original broken one and use that for now since you really can't tell anyway, and that I'll have a good one if it gets damaged from falling over or something.

And I really need to build a bigger lightbox... can't fit the full figure into the one I have. =/

Bombless

That's pretty cool of them. Two figures for the price of one!

Edit : By cool I mean I expected them to ask for the broken fig to be returned.

That happened to me with the Big Daddy figure that came with the original Bioshock. Now I have two!

And also when I bought Dark Souls from Best Buy, I ordered the CE. Someone fucked up and they shipped me the standard edition. They realized they fucked up and sent me the CE and let me keep the standard edition as well.

gokieks

One and a half, heh. They sent me another Holy Bell, which is a separate piece that you attach to Belldandy.

But yeah, if they asked you to send a broken piece back then they'd be expected to ask to pay for the shipping too, and what are they going to actually do with the broken one? It's just not going to be worth it in most cases.

Bombless

One and a half, heh. They sent me another Holy Bell, which is a separate piece that you attach to Belldandy.

But yeah, if they asked you to send a broken piece back then they'd be expected to ask to pay for the shipping too, and what are they going to actually do with the broken one? It's just not going to be worth it in most cases.

Oh, just the upper half. Okay, that makes sense.

Going to unbox Harlock and Kei when I get off work. Hope I won't have any nasty surprises, like with Wonder Woman.

kunonabi

This everything except for a couple of things at my apartment. Sorry for the crummy pics. Can't wait to till my Heather Mason arrives. I just wish we had a date already.

Bombless

Welp, fuck Square Enix. Kei's right foot was weird when I pulled her out of the box...and it fucking fell off. The ball joint is loose because one bit of the plastic cross that fits into the other side is missing, probably snapped off. It does put itself back together but doesn't hold shit.

Welp, fuck Square Enix. Kei's right foot was weird when I pulled her out of the box...and it fucking fell off. The ball joint is loose because one bit of the plastic cross that fits into the other side is missing, probably snapped off. It does put itself back together but doesn't hold shit.

Whelp that's Play-Arts forever on the "You've been warned!" for Figure GAF until they get their shit together =/

Jayhawk

I didn't want to steal pictures from Facebook, but I'll list the new, upcoming One Piece Portrait of Pirates figures they were showing at Megahobby Expo.

-A new Marco Phoenix
-Kaku
-Momonosuke (unpainted)
-Bartolomeo (unpainted)
-Alvida (I think? unpainted)
-Bellamy (unpainted)

chrono01

who's the maker and when does it come out? i don't care aboiut the EVA figures anymore but there's something about this design for Asuka that i love. the Medicom 1/6 figure is too expensive on eBay.
Alter, so you can expect her in 2014 2015. >_<

Also, Beezlebub painted!

iKD4Jvv4eYMXw.jpg

Also, Asuka [Senran Kagura] from Alter:

idlER25DeXXbw.jpg

Also ALSO Belphagor!

ijo9cSCxskllX.jpg

I didn't want to steal pictures from Facebook, but I'll list the new, upcoming One Piece Portrait of Pirates figures they were showing at Megahobby Expo.

-A new Marco Phoenix
-Kaku
-Momonosuke (unpainted)
-Bartolomeo (unpainted)
-Alvida (I think? unpainted)
-Bellamy (unpainted)
Was really hoping for Fujitora and Jesus Burgess.

Deprive

Playarts are just not worth it. :\ Which sucks because certain characters will probably only ever be done by them.

HLJ black friday sale had Tharja like 1k yen less, so I canceled my po and reordered. Decent BF this year.

Still no painted Alter Labrys? Are they going to make us wait until wonfes?

Wow, I almost forgot about Labrys. Maybe Megahouse begged Alter not to release the painted prototype until their over-priced Labrys comes out, or mass cancellations would ensue.

As for Asuka, between the fact that Alter makes her, and dat ass, she's an instant buy.

In other news, this popped up on MFC:

She looks pretty good, I think.

cajunator

Banned
There's actually quite a few nurse figures, but a lot of them are older. It's kind of a classic motif, and I guess it's more of a fetish thing so most of them are quite sexual.

I have this one http://myfigurecollection.net/item/6210
Komugi BEST NURSE

Tempted to get a Mikoto and a 2nd Himeko from CDJ, help me out FigureGAF (preferably with donations :p)

Anyhow, I came to leave this here

and this

edit: and this

etc. check his twitter, summary post will probably be here http://blog.livedoor.jp/ioryhamon/archives/6962815.html

There will probably be other reports as well unless this is old.

Oh my god that would be a perfect figure of Charles except it has Cecilia in it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom