• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Adam West Batman
2. Magic Johnson
3. Tie between Quorra from Tron Legacy and Pin Head from Hellraiser

Sideshow was supposed to be working on a premium format of Pinhead. They even had a preview vid but nothing ever materialized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmIQhxFYjBQ

I'd buy that in a heartbeat. In the interim, my 1/4th scale NECA figure will have to do.:(

Add a quality 1/6th scale of Michael Myers to the list. Original Halloween Michael Myers. Not that Rob Zombie garbage, either.

chrono01

I have some figure orders for Aug and Sept, but none for July... this month will be breaking my 12 month consecutive record! I need to find something... I'm scared this could ruin the good luck I've had with overseas orders. :p

I've been culling this thread for ideas but nothing jumping out at me yet

These are my figures for July.

Lucifer [Seven Deadly Sins]:

iblHgmfbDvUee5.jpg

Irma [Queen's Blade]:

Elf - Lineage II [Max Factory]:

I also have a lot of Alter releases [Naoe Kanetsugu, KOS-MOS, Amane Suzuha, Saber Dress Ver.,] that are supposed to be released in July, but they don't have specific release dates [only "From July"] so there's so saying when they'll be released. I'm guessing after July personally, at least for a few of them.

Oh, I also have this massive Sailing Again Franky on pre-order:

ioU4KRfEIkEAB.jpg

If you're not interested in any of these, what are you interests? I might be able to recommend you a figure or two...or three....

SUPARSTARX

Thinking of ordering Bruce Willis Joe Colton if he goes up. Gonna pick up Barney Ross later next month.

I soooo wanna do a collection of Expendables figures.

Bombless

My July looks like this :

Lineage 2 Elf (as above)

Figma Lady Armaroid
FIG-MOE-8485.jpg

Bayonetta
FIG-MOE-7036_01.jpg

Very light load, which is good as I feel I've exagerrated a bit the past few months.

Say I suddenly wanted a bishoujo Batgirl. Don't care what color, as long as she's as cheap as possible. What are the chances, where do I look?

chrono01

I just wanted to inform those that collect figma's that Makise Kurisu [Steins;Gate] from Max Factory:

is getting a re-release in December to go alongside their upcoming Rintarou Okabe figma.

ir12BnYby0tzS.jpg

I think I'll pass on both since I'm getting the scaled Makise Kurisu Lab Coat Ver. from GSC and I'm hoping that GSC unveils a scaled figure of Okabe to go with her at Wonderfes [I can dream!]. I don't really collect figma's unless they're of the Nintendo variety [since those will likely never get scaled figures, at least from the manufacturers I trust].

See this is the kind of figure square enix should be doing!
I'd love to see FFXI through XIII done this way.

Imagine all the classes from XI... it would be so sweet. T_T
I definitely agree with you. If Square Enix ever decided to release a scaled figure line of quality such as this, I would be there waiting, money in-hand.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like they're interested, which is a shame. :(

johnsmith

remember me
Say I suddenly wanted a bishoujo Batgirl. Don't care what color, as long as she's as cheap as possible. What are the chances, where do I look?

You missed the boat on this one. You're not gonna get a cheap one. Even the black version is nearing $100 now. The grey one is more. Amazon and ebay are your only options, as they're pretty uncommon on Japanese 2nd hand shops.

chrono01

There's also the labcoat Kurisu figma releasing in November.

What's with the green slippers? Standard lab attire?
Unfortunately Lab Coat Kurisu doesn't come with many accessories [at all], which is why many prefer the original release. :(

As for the green slippers thing, I guess you'll have to ask Okabe that. He probably knows.

You missed the boat on this one. You're not gonna get a cheap one. Even the black version is nearing $100 now. The grey one is more. Amazon and ebay are your only options, as they're pretty uncommon on Japanese 2nd hand shops.

Was there a grey? I thought she only came in black and blue. The black one on amazon is around $150, with blue dangerously close to $200. Fuck it, then. Too much.

Bombless

I got the Black version for like 36€ (or was it 50€? I may confuse the price with Yoko) at London Comic Con in May. Was pretty happy about that. The Grey version is the Blue version (Grey suit / Blue mask/cloak). Black > Grey/Blue imo.

*checks Amazon* Whoa, I remember her price being much lower than that in May, I compared them back then and I had only gained the shipping + about 10€. Insane.

SUPARSTARX

My July's just Hot Toys IM Mk7 and maybe the Figma Asuna to go along with my acquried Kirito.

August is gonna hurt a lot.
Finaly Flexpay for Catwoman, POP Whitebeard, POP Gol D. Roger and if Mitsuru releases on time, that too. And I am pending a payment for Barney Ross :eek:

Jube3

Thinking of ordering Bruce Willis Joe Colton if he goes up. Gonna pick up Barney Ross later next month.

I soooo wanna do a collection of Expendables figures.

I think im going to pick up Joe Colton as well, I have snake eyes already and shadow storm coming so now I feel like I should pick up roadblock to finish the set lol. I really like the Cobra Commander movie suit as well so if they make that I will probably pick it up.

My July's just Hot Toys IM Mk7 and maybe the Figma Asuna to go along with my acquried Kirito.

August is gonna hurt a lot.
Finaly Flexpay for Catwoman, POP Whitebeard, POP Gol D. Roger and if Mitsuru releases on time, that too. And I am pending a payment for Barney Ross :eek:

Yea man this summer is going to hurt but I'm in the clear until 2014 after this storm lol.

My July is looking like this so far:
HT Odin (bought last month but came today)
HT Storm Shadow (final flex)
HT DX 12 Batman (tracked down locally)
HT Bane (tracked down locally)

August
HT Hulk
HT Red Skull
Enterbay Michael Jordan
HT DX 11 Joker (tracked down locally)

Sideshow was supposed to be working on a premium format of Pinhead. They even had a preview vid but nothing ever materialized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmIQhxFYjBQ

I'd buy that in a heartbeat. In the interim, my 1/4th scale NECA figure will have to do.:(

Add a quality 1/6th scale of Michael Myers to the list. Original Halloween Michael Myers. Not that Rob Zombie garbage, either.

Man that was looking good, too bad they don't look like they are getting around to finishing it

chrono01

Why are they making everything so expensive these days?
It seems to be one of those things. :(

A year or so ago if I were spending 8,000+ on a figure she'd likely be 1/6 scale with a dynamic pose. Now I'm paying the same price for a 1/7 scale, although her pose isn't exactly boring as it replicated the original artwork perfectly.

Even still, this feels like one of those figures that should have been priced a few thousand yen cheaper, but as a whole, figure prices seem to have increased dramatically over the past year. Just look at GSC, for example. While the designs of the sculpts are intricate, many of them are 10,000+ yen and for 1/8 scales.

Yet...I still purchase them [Saber with Motorcycle, Ultimate Madoka, Insane Black Rock Shooter, etc.]. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!??

johnsmith

remember me
I wonder if the exchange rate has anything to do with it. We're getting a better deal now than we were a year ago. With the better exchange rate it's about a 20% discount, so that takes some of the sting off. But foreign sales have to be a pretty small part compared to domestic, right? Japanese buyers don't get the same benefit we do.

I'll pay the premium for figures that I think will really be worth it, like Tharja and Junko, but it's going to make it easier to pass on a lot of middling figures, unless they hit the bargain bin.

chrono01

What?! Dude, she looks like a 6,500-7,000 yen figure MAX. Jeez.

GSC can get bent if this is the way they're headed. Now where is my Silent Hill 3 Heather Mason? :p

It's not really GSC that's manufacturing this, but one of their "umbrella" companies [Wing]. Whatever price they decide is completely up to them, GSC just handles the advertising [from what I've read].

But yeah, I agree that her price is a bit higher than I had originally anticipated. It's not as though she's releasing during a particularly slow time of the year, either. She has a lot of competition to compete with.

Still, it's nice to see Yamashita Shunya's art re-created so well in this figure. I don't know if it's worth owning on that merit alone [if I had any idea of the source material I'd probably feel more encouraged to own her], but she's nice to look at.

Bombless

A selling point for me is she fits right at home with Shunya's bishoujos (I know absolutely nothing of Border Break) but it's a small excuse for that price. Will think about it.

I'll pay the premium for figures that I think will really be worth it, like Tharja and Junko, but it's going to make it easier to pass on a lot of middling figures, unless they hit the bargain bin.

You have a point. And saving money is never a bad thing. It just means we have to be more picky about the figures we feel we really need.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Damnit, I wanted that Fiona.... but dat price. I'm still considering it, but they're not making the decision easy.

Playing Project X Zone has made me want a KOS-MOS or T-ELOS. Are there any that are a reasonable price anymore?

Damnit, I wanted that Fiona.... but dat price. I'm still considering it, but they're not making the decision easy.

Playing Project X Zone has made me want a KOS-MOS or T-ELOS. Are there any that are a reasonable price anymore?

I got the alter 1/6 one for 60 bucks a few months ago. I think they just recently re-released it as well.

The better looking kos-mos with the gatling gun is about 130~

LiK

I got the alter 1/6 one for 60 bucks a few months ago. I think they just recently re-released it as well.

The better looking kos-mos with the gatling gun is about 130~

Seen any Alter T-elos deals? I passed on her way back and my Kos-Mos is lonely

Cheska

Anyone still looking for the SAO Asuna Kotobukiya? I got overexcited and ordered it and now no longer want it. Looking to sell it at cost. PM you fine figure-gaf folks!

Fiona is up at AmiAmi for 8,200 yen. Release is in October which is definitely better for me.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de..._preorderitem=1$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

I'll give it a day or two to think it over before I decide. Thankfully, she shouldn't sell out for a decent amount of time, so I'm in no rush to pre-order her.

She does look amazing, though...

8,020 JPY on BiJ. I'll have to think about it. I have nothing coming in October, but I did just order Belldandy/Holy Bell. Hmm.

Giolon

Fiona is up at AmiAmi for 8,200 yen. Release is in October which is definitely better for me.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de..._preorderitem=1$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

I'll give it a day or two to think it over before I decide. Thankfully, she shouldn't sell out for a decent amount of time, so I'm in no rush to pre-order her.

She does look amazing, though...

A little overpriced, but I pre-ordered her. That face is stunning - one of the best renditions of Shuna in figure form in a while. She's right up there w/ Nida and Rei. I absolutely love the outfit of this character too. The one thing I would change if possible would be giving her a bolder color palette, but alas I realize they're matching the source.

Nudull

Banned
I've been thinking of getting into japanese figure collecting, so kudos to the massively helpful OP. Nendroids and figmas are going to be a nightmare for my wallet, though. :p

Anyone still looking for the SAO Asuna Kotobukiya? I got overexcited and ordered it and now no longer want it. Looking to sell it at cost. PM you fine figure-gaf folks!
If you're nice about it and only do it once, even the most stringent site will still let you cancel.

Alternately you may have just made Christmas morning for some lurker.

Cheska

If you're nice about it and only do it once, even the most stringent site will still let you cancel.

Alternately you may have just made Christmas morning for some lurker.

For Asuna I already have her but for one of the other items I'm hesitant to contact them to cancel because its combined with my Bayonetta by PHAT and I'm worried they're going to somehow screw that order up.

RMI

Banned
I've been thinking of getting into japanese figure collecting, so kudos to the massively helpful OP. Nendroids and figmas are going to be a nightmare for my wallet, though. :p

Come on in, the water is nice. I just started collecting a few months ago. My very meager collection is here. More on the way!

Is the movie of Steins;Gate getting a bluray release or something? It feels like suddenly figures everywhere XD:
I just wanted to inform those that collect figma's that Makise Kurisu [Steins;Gate] from Max Factory:

is getting a re-release in December to go alongside their upcoming Rintarou Okabe figma.

ir12BnYby0tzS.jpg

I think I'll pass on both since I'm getting the scaled Makise Kurisu Lab Coat Ver. from GSC and I'm hoping that GSC unveils a scaled figure of Okabe to go with her at Wonderfes [I can dream!]. I don't really collect figma's unless they're of the Nintendo variety [since those will likely never get scaled figures, at least from the manufacturers I trust].
Preordering both December releases =P

sky

Is the Steins Gate game good?
I'm liking the character designs, but don't know anything about the source material...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsiMz_gRx4I all day!

Looking forward to the pics!

That music. Making me want to watch the show again!

I'll try and take some pics of GL tomorrow. Assuming it doesn't take up too much space I think I'm going to display using the base with the wings out. Comes with 3 different drill sizes mind you, so a Giga Drill Breaker pose is tempting.

Is the Steins Gate game good?
I'm liking the character designs, but don't know anything about the source material...

Did you see the localisation thread? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=615126. Seems like there's a good amount of positivity in there from people that have played it. I've only seen the anime myself, which is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom