• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason the Egashira figma was so popular that he's getting a rerelease already due for November. Well anyways here's the one I got.
IMAG0328.jpg

chrono01

8,020 JPY on BiJ. I'll have to think about it. I have nothing coming in October, but I did just order Belldandy/Holy Bell. Hmm.
Congrats on pre-ordering Belldandy with Holy Bell. I'm sure you won't regret your purchase!

A little overpriced, but I pre-ordered her. That face is stunning - one of the best renditions of Shuna in figure form in a while. She's right up there w/ Nida and Rei. I absolutely love the outfit of this character too. The one thing I would change if possible would be giving her a bolder color palette, but alas I realize they're matching the source.
Yeah, I really like her, she's just being released at a bad time for me. :(

I might pre-order her at HLJ just to secure a pre-order in-case she becomes difficult to find later, but I'll give it some more thought. I love everything about her, the only thing that's stopping me [outside of the cost, of course] is that I know nothing of the source material. But then, that hasn't exactly stopped me before [I have the hole in my wallet to prove it >_<]!

Is the Steins Gate game good?
I'm liking the character designs, but don't know anything about the source material...
I haven't played the game [that will be corrected once JAST releases the visual novel!], but I have watched the anime. It's incredible, and one of my all-time favorites. It can be a little slow/confusing at first, but stick with it. Once you near the halfway point everything escalates and I'm sure you'll end up watching numerous episodes in succession. I know it happened to me. >_<

Is Hobby Link Japan a safe place to preorder from?(sure to get it)

I just wanted to inform those that collect figma's that Makise Kurisu [Steins;Gate] from Max Factory:

is getting a re-release in December to go alongside their upcoming Rintarou Okabe figma.

ir12BnYby0tzS.jpg

I think I'll pass on both since I'm getting the scaled Makise Kurisu Lab Coat Ver. from GSC and I'm hoping that GSC unveils a scaled figure of Okabe to go with her at Wonderfes [I can dream!]. I don't really collect figma's unless they're of the Nintendo variety [since those will likely never get scaled figures, at least from the manufacturers I trust].

I definitely agree with you. If Square Enix ever decided to release a scaled figure line of quality such as this, I would be there waiting, money in-hand.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like they're interested, which is a shame. :(

My God It looks way better than I even imagined...
probably the best looking Figma yet.

Is the Steins Gate game good?
I'm liking the character designs, but don't know anything about the source material...
Its amazing. my second favorite anime of all time.

Anyone that owns the FFXIII-2 Lightning know if she is in scale with the old original Play Arts?
I know she is way smaller than the XIII kai figures

chrono01

Is Hobby Link Japan a safe place to preorder from?(sure to get it)
I haven't had any issues with them. Aside from their slightly higher prices and [sometimes] delay in shipping out items, they've always been great to me. They also have an easy cancellation policy.

I've heard that with some incredibly in-demand items that some people have had their order cancelled, but I've never experienced this. As long as you pre-order early on [and not a day before], you should be fine. The only time I had a problem with them was with Saber Voltigern. I purchased/pre-ordered her during a re-stock, and anxiously awaited release. When it came, I notice she didn't ship out [this was after around 7 days] so I emailed them. Apparently they got in less than they thought and couldn't fulfill my order. They encouraged me to keep it open in-case more came in however, considering this was a limited re-release, I wasn't optimistic.

A few months went by without any news and then I got an email in my inbox stating that my order was ready for shipment. I was shocked. I emailed them asking to extend the payment deadline by a few days, since I wasn't prepared for this, and they happily did so. When I was able I made my payment, waited a short while, and she was shipped out. I couldn't believe it. I'm not sure where they found stock, but I'm not complaining [the box and everything was immaculate, too].

So yes, HLJ is trust-worthy, at least from my personal experience!

LadyRiven

Holy moses, Crunchyroll finally mailed out Kotobukiya Asuna pre-orders. I was afraid it'd never happen. I guess for the cheap price it was worth the wait, but their customer service really blows.

chrono01

How about Hobby Search?
Im just being careful, I don't want the same crap that happened with BBTS for Kurisu to happen again.
Don't get me wrong, there's nothing inherently bad about HLJ. If you have to pre-order from them I'm 99.9% sure that everything will go absolutely fine. They're a legit/respectable store. However, I prefer AmiAmi for my pre-orders since they usually offer the best price, ship out the items extremely fast, and [from my experience] have great customer service. I use HS if the item is sold out on AmiAmi or if they simply don't offer it [such as the Sailor Moon Figuarts].

HS is amazing. Their prices are at/near AmiAmi's, they offer a decent amount of points that you can spend/use towards other figures/items, and have great shipping rates.

If I had to rank them, they would be:

1) AmiAmi
2) Hobby Search
3) HLJ [just for their more expensive prices, but the ability to cancel kind of evens that out]

You're absolutely fine with either.

Bombless

Lovely! Hopefully I can track down and find one too, eventually. :3

Samus is being re-released this September, preorders are still open.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de..._keywords=samus$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10174272

Edit : I started in the hobby with Hobby Search. Nowadays I'm split almost 50/50 between them and Amiami. Their prices are higher than Amiami but you get more points to discount later orders. Both shops ship stuff very fast. Also I prefer the Hobby Search website, Amiami's is terrible imo.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing inherently bad about HLJ. If you have to pre-order from them I'm 99.9% sure that everything will go absolutely fine. They're a legit/respectable store. However, I prefer AmiAmi for my pre-orders since they usually offer the best price, ship out the items extremely fast, and [from my experience] have great customer service. I use HS if the item is sold out on AmiAmi or if they simply don't offer it [such as the Sailor Moon Figuarts].

HS is amazing. Their prices are at/near AmiAmi's, they offer a decent amount of points that you can spend/use towards other figures/items, and have great shipping rates.

If I had to rank them, they would be:

1) AmiAmi
2) Hobby Search
3) HLJ [just for their more expensive prices, but the ability to cancel kind of evens that out]

You're absolutely fine with either.

Ok thanks, I would be using Amiami but I just had to cancel 2 preorders from them so I want to avoid them for a while.

chrono01

Ok thanks, I would be using Amiami but I just had to cancel 2 preorders from them so I want to avoid them for a while.
You're very welcome.

In that case, you're safe with both HS and HLJ. I'd recommend going with HS since they'll likely have the better price, but if you're not 100% on the purchase, go with HLJ instead in-case you have to cancel.

You're covered either way. :)

You're very welcome.

In that case, you're safe with both HS and HLJ. I'd recommend going with HS since they'll likely have the better price, but if you're not 100% on the purchase, go with HLJ instead in-case you have to cancel.

You're covered either way. :)
Thanks,
im definitely 100% on this, one of my favorite characters and shows. paid almost $100 for the original Kurisu.
only cancelled my Kirito & Asuna because I had to go out of town for a few weeks and needed the extra money.

Lol!!!! DAT samus zero suit.

Still can't convince myself to get it just cause it reminds me about other M every time I look at the heels

So I met a madoka cosplayer and made friends with her at AX. I never really like Madoka (the character) herself. Was more into Sayaka, but after AX I kinda want to get ultimate madoka....

How about Hobby Search?
Im just being careful, I don't want the same crap that happened with BBTS for Kurisu to happen again.

The faces are perfect.

Makes that old "Axefactory" custom that I though was great at the time look awful

I really like the different expressions this character has.
Any details on the figures or their origin series (anime, manga)?

Bombless

With the Little Witch Academia 2 Kickstarter taking off and GSC being behind them I suspect there will be figures of the heroines in the near future.

Agree with Ragingnight. Give me Archer.

I really like the different expressions this character has.
Any details on the figures or their origin series (anime, manga)?

They're from Steins;Gate. Originally a VN(with upcoming localization) and now an anime as well.

With the Little Witch Academia 2 Kickstarter taking off and GSC being behind them I suspect there will be figures of the heroines in the near future.

Diana please.

0HbuMrb.jpg

Sucy is best witch though

Got my Jack Sparrow (Stranger Tides) Hot Toys finally. (No pics, lame I know but its an older one so who cares). However, this weekend I saw Iron Monger in person and I fell in love. Goddammit, time to put some cash aside for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom