• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't want to recommend OSB, as my Hulk is literally on a slow boat from China that just left India on the 27th of November and won't be here until sometime next year.

There were a few retailers there I hadn't heard of so will check them out. I've heard about that OSB mishap with shipping, changing the shipping method has turned out to be a massive let down, I feel your pain! I have pre-ordered a few from HK on a well known auction site mostly from a seller called Loontentoys, have also tried Goodshipped. They both seem pretty ace and have worked out well for me in the past. I have to say my local Forbidden Planet International is by far the best bricks and mortar retailer, very enthusiastic staff and some big Hot Toys fans that work there. The only thing is sometimes they don't get things in that they have ordered so there are no guarantees, but other than that they are spot on!

chrono01

I'm not. Dark Angel Olivia, dude. Shipping on her is going to be bad enough.
That's a good point, actually. I had forgotten that she was scheduled for March. There's also Iris Hartley which I may or may not pre-order, I haven't decided. I just love Tony Taka's art so much and it's not often that you get a girl with an oxygen tank [flamethrower?] strapped to her back.

I will have to give Kamael some serious thought before I commit. The early part of next year will be filled with enough pre-orders as is...

Also, it seems like Momo Deviluke is delayed as well, or at least, GSC didn't include her in the post earlier. :(

Holy Lewdness!

In other news, today's Arpeggio episode pretty much cemented my need for a figure of Takao. My best girl this season.

Gonna watch it a bit later after dinner. Can't wait.

So it seems Tharja is probably going to be delayed, yes? Some people on MFC were saying she's in the final stages of QC, so I doubt she'll make a December release.

RMI

Banned
Gonna watch it a bit later after dinner. Can't wait.

So it seems Tharja is probably going to be delayed, yes? Some people on MFC were saying she's in the final stages of QC, so I doubt she'll make a December release.

bahhhhh. So is Dizzy coming out this month? The release on amiami just says "winter 2013."

LiK

LOL, three packages from AmiAmi arrived atthe same time. the USPS guy was holding all three boxes stacked up trying to give me the slip to sign.

johnsmith

remember me
This applies to all shops, Mandarake is saying the same thing.

*** Important Notice Regarding Registered SAL Small Packet Shipping Service ***

Dear Customers,

Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.

As the result of a recent international meeting of the Universal Postal Union, REGISTERED SAL Small Packet will unfortunately become unavailable to the following destination countries:

Australia / Denmark / Finland / Germany / Greenland / Hungary / Norway / Poland

All other shipping methods we currently offer such as EMS, Air Small Packet, Unregistered SAL Small Packet, and SAL Parcel will not be affected and will continue to be available.

The new postal regulation becomes effective on January 1, 2014, However at AmiAmi, orders from the above countries placed with Registered SAL Small Packet as the shipping method will be automatically updated to Air Small Packet starting Monday, December 16, 2013.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding and continued support.

chrono01

In a move that surprises no one, Elf from Megahouse is supposedly priced at 11,000 yen [before discounts] Release is scheduled for June of next year.

I'll have to give that one some thought before I commit.

In a move that surprises no one, Elf from Megahouse is supposedly priced at 11,000 yen [before discounts] Release is scheduled for June of next year.

I just did... no. And same for Amazon. I'll day one Utena, though.

george_us

Man I know I'm going to day one the Amazon.

I just know it.

Maybe I'll grab her and the Elf and start a Kamitani collection along with my Velvet figure.

Edit: I also hate you all for getting me into yet another expensive hobby.

kewlmyc

Wow, that's expensive... Megahouse has been charging a lot lately for their latest figures.

Do you know how much Morgiana will cost?

Oh elf waifu...
After tax and shipping, I don't know if I can pull the trigger... sadness

What kind of price after tax and sales are we looking at for Canada?

johnsmith

remember me
Unless they are exclusive I'm going to wait until after release to pick up Megahouse's Dragons Crown figures. I just don't trust them to not fuck things up.

Unless they are exclusive I'm going to wait until after release to pick up Megahouse's Dragons Crown figures. I just don't trust them to not fuck things up.

You remember that Akira Yamamoto they just fucked up, don't you? XD

I'm trying to cut down on these things anyway. They're just getting more and more expensive. I want to curb my ordering back mostly to bishoujos, which is what I started with.

chrono01

Wow, that's expensive... Megahouse has been charging a lot lately for their latest figures.

Do you know how much Morgiana will cost?
No price yet, but I'm guessing it will be at/around the price of their One Piece figures, so probably 6,500 yen or so.

Oh elf waifu...
After tax and shipping, I don't know if I can pull the trigger... sadness

What kind of price after tax and sales are we looking at for Canada?

I hardly ever get charged with EMS shipments into Canada, maybe one out of every ten shipments [and only for a few dollars]. My shipments are also massive, often-times in the 50,000+ yen range. I wouldn't worry.

They won't be exclusive thankfully, but they're still extremely pricey. I know Megahouse's One Piece/Queen's Blade figures are great, but they also have some that are...less than ideal [such as the Persona line]. I'm unwilling to drop this amount of money on Elf without guarantee that she'll be flawless. Even if she was, that's still a lot of money to spend on a 1/8 scale [her pose isn't overly dramatic, either].

The price is high. I'm waiting for more pictures, but I'd buy them.

Might not help. Akira Yamamoto looked great in all the prototype shots, but when the final product got into peoples hands, it was hideous. Almost looked like a bootleg.

I also expect the Devil Survivor 2 figures to drop soon.

I wouldn't be surprised. The DS2 girls are cute, but no one has been touching them.

No price yet, but I'm guessing it will be at/around the price of their One Piece figures, so probably 6,500 yen or so.

I'd be surprised if Morgiana is that cheap. Female figures usually go for a bit more. Aladdin was cheap because no one buys boyfigs.

kewlmyc

Yeah, and Megahouse figures have a tendency to bomba in price unless they are exclusive. They seem to overproduce everything. Case in point: http://plamoya.com/en/excellent-model-cho-soku-henkei-gyrozetter-rui-akana-p-78601.html
Barely came out a few weeks ago, was at 50% within days of release and is still there. Might grab her if she's still cheap after the holidays.

I also expect the Devil Survivor 2 figures to drop soon.
I hope the DS2 figures drop soon, I want both.

I wonder what the reason is for the SAL shipping availability change. Ah well, the UK isn't listed so shrugs all around.

Melty [both Regular and Christmas version] shipping in December!

http://www.alter-web.jp/shipment/index.html

That was...unexpected. Wallet, sorry in advance.

Yes! I had a feeling both Melty variants would release in the same month, but it's cool that they managed to do it in December so Christmas Melty is actually a Christmas release.

Alter are stepping up. They've shipped 3 figures in the last 11 days and now there's 2 more coming this month. Could they actually catch up on their delays?!

-------------

I pre-ordered this that showed up on amiami today:

mybNRFT.jpg

First time seeing the figure(It's Youmu Konpaku from Touhou Project) and she's a bit pricey at 9.7k but I really like everything about her so yeah. Embrace Japan is the manufacturer, who did Sigrid I think?

chrono01

Apparently it's a May release for 8,000 yen. I wonder if it'll drop in price or not?
Hard to say. Depending on the quality, she might increase/decrease after release. It really depends on how popular she is and how well she is received.

Pre-ordering figures can be a gamble sometimes, and yet...I always do so with the fear that they will likely drop in-price shortly after release. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!?

Speaking of, that A+ figure of Siggy/Sigui inspired me to track down the previous Megahouse release of her. I ordered her from Mandarake last night [with the bonus item], so hopefully they'll reply back soon with the final price including shipping [I opted for SAL Small Packet Registered].

NSFW?

I would show the "rear", but considering how amazing it is I'm afraid it would be taking things too far. Suffice to say that it is perfection.

Also, aww shit! It begins. I know no one else will care about this but Bombless.
Don't you mean "aww ship!". You know...'cause they're ships...

...I'll stop now.

RMI

Banned
Broke down and pre-ordered Dizzy today. Now Just have to wait for her and Tharja to randomly show release at the same time as a bunch of other stuff I already have on order and decimate my wallet.

chrono01

Yeah let's keep it classy and SFW. That Siggy is over the line.
Is it? Sorry, I'll edit the post to include a NSFW link to those browsing outside of their home.

Given the pose/design of some figures, it can be difficult to say what can be "over-the-line", especially since I'm more or less desensitized to it all.

Apologies to those affected by it. I shall edit it post-haste!

I don't trust HLJ ever since they put an order of mine on discontinued shortly after it released and didn't ship anyone their preorders. I just see how much AmiAmi charges for her.

On average, they charge about $8-10 USD less. So if that's the case, I'll get her from AmiAmi.

What figure did HLJ screw you over on? If they didn't ship any pre-orders, they might not have gotten what the manufacturer promised them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom