• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C-C-C-Can it be!? Will it really be released this time? WILL IT!?

ibkeK1YH0UyTPx.jpg

Also, nice box art.
Lol it's the same wait for people wanting to get the art book and making of DVD as well lol, Bayonetta just gotta make people wait XD

chrono01

Bayonetta IS worth waiting for. :)

Also, I just received my November AmiAmi order. It. Was. Massive. Belldandy with Holy Bell, Class Maid, Dark Elf [Regular], Hatsune Miku figma, Amane Suzuha, Attack on Titan wallet, and some Madoka/Homura cookies [http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-72262 / http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...s=homura+choco$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1]. Shipping was, as you might expect, over 10,000+ yen for EMS. I also had to pay an additional $30 at the door, but then, given the size of the box I'm not surprised [I could literally fit myself in the box].

If figures aren't delayed in December it could be even worse [the size of shipping Bayonetta as well as the 1/5 scale Super Sonico will kill me]. Thankfully, things slow down a bit next year.

Bombless

I thought I've had it bad with packaging...I bow down to your supremacy, sir.

And by the sound of it, you aren't going to sleep on your laurels haha.

Bayonetta IS worth waiting for. :)

Also, I just received my November AmiAmi order. It. Was. Massive. Belldandy with Holy Bell, Class Maid, Dark Elf [Regular], Hatsune Miku figma, Amane Suzuha, Attack on Titan wallet, and some Madoka/Homura cookies [http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-72262 / http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...s=homura+choco$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1]. Shipping was, as you might expect, over 10,000+ yen for EMS. I also had to pay an additional $30 at the door, but then, given the size of the box I'm not surprised [I could literally fit myself in the box].

If figures aren't delayed in December it could be even worse [the size of shipping Bayonetta as well as the 1/5 scale Super Sonico will kill me]. Thankfully, things slow down a bit next year.

The picture on that Homura cookie box is going to be a figure by Aniplex/GSC: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/188278 lol.

chrono01

I thought I've had it bad with packaging...I bow down to your supremacy, sir.

And by the sound of it, you aren't going to sleep on your laurels haha.
Rest? NEVER! We must suffer through the shipping cost, after all, no one said figure-collecting wouldn't be without sacrifices. :)

The picture on that Homura cookie box is going to be a figure by Aniplex/GSC: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/188278 lol.
I saw that. I would be tempted to purchase her if I didn't already have the original Madoka line and, as nice as she is, I do not feel compelled to collect the yukata version(s). If I did, well...I would be in even more trouble than I already am!

Nice art, though. I haven't tasted them yet, but they do look delicious [they're supposedly Kyoto-baked from a rather popular store].

cajunator

Banned
Whelp, I've never gotten a Racing Miku until now. . .

10254601a.jpg

Wallet am cry.

I might need this...so pretty

Rest? NEVER! We must suffer through the shipping cost, after all, no one said figure-collecting wouldn't be without sacrifices. :)

I saw that. I would be tempted to purchase her if I didn't already have the original Madoka line and, as nice as she is, I do not feel compelled to collect the yukata version(s). If I did, well...I would be in even more trouble than I already am!

Nice art, though. I haven't tasted them yet, but they do look delicious [they're supposedly Kyoto-baked from a rather popular store].

I know that feel. already got the GSC figs including Ultimate Madoka so itsl ike oh man not MORE.

chrono01

I know that feel. already got the GSC figs including Ultimate Madoka so itsl ike oh man not MORE.
Indeed, it can be a difficult decision to make but I feel that it is necessary.

At least it enables me to branch out and collect figures from series I otherwise would have had to ignore. It's why I never pre-ordered that Hatsune Miku - 2013 Racing Ver. pictured above. I have so many Hatsune Miku figures, I'm not sure I can handle many more [unless they're earth-shatteringly incredible]. Not only the cost but space is becoming an issue too...

meijiko

I wonder, does anyone have any figures on your wishlist that will probably never get made? Speaking specifically of figures that have been shown/announced before, or resin kits, that never got a mass production.

210XwXH.jpg

This was a Miku GK shown at WF 2011. There was some speculation that GSC might make a PVC version when they hired the sculptor, but so far no luck.

ztgO8Zy.jpg

This is another GSC no-show. She was shown four years ago when it was announced that they would make a Valkyrie Complex anime, but the figure and the anime have never been released. No one's said anything since then. I don't know anything about the series, but I really want that figure.

bUAFCCD.jpg

Princess Aurora from Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. never got made after being shown two years ago. It even had the Disney license, but nothing has been said about it since.

[Picture non-existent]

Cardcaptor Sakura nendoroid. I need it. You guys haven't shown anything. Give it to meeeeeeee.

chrono01

I've always loved that sculpt. I'm honestly surprised it was never mass-produced. It's so different, I think it would do well.

As for any others, I would have liked to see Arcadia/Yamato Bayonetta get a release, but as each day goes on it's looking less and less likely. :/

isqOosbc1mebb.jpg

Thankfully, Phat Company is there to make everything alright.

Also, that Cardcaptor Sakura nendoroid you mentioned. Do it, Good Smile Company!

Bombless

She is, but she's also pretty pricey for a Miku.

I haven't dared to ask, but I highly suspect mom has already ordered her.

I wish there was a decent Naruto (red coat version) and Sasuke pair of figures.

Edit : Finally decided to get back into preorders : Elf, Mara Jade, Spiderwoman and (the reason I held back for SO long) Armoured WW.

And now I checked my December orders and Amiami moved the ENTIRE month to March because of Kamael? Wtf?

I wonder, does anyone have any figures on your wishlist that will probably never get made? Speaking specifically of figures that have been shown/announced before, or resin kits, that never got a mass production.

I deleted a lot of the GKs that didn't seem to be going anywhere from my wishlist. Here's a few that I can remember, in addition to the Kiking one you posted and the Reflect one chrono posted:

Kirisame Marisa from Touhou by Yagyuu Toshiyuki
7LoVBug.jpg

Bottle Miku by Sakaki Workshops(person?)
paSCQlr.jpg

Oshino Shinobu by Teiji
M3JQiA9.jpg

chrono01

And now I checked my December orders and Amiami moved the ENTIRE month to March because of Kamael? Wtf?
Don't worry, it sometimes takes them a while to separate the delayed item. You can always email them to do it, but they should do it on their own in a day or two.

Wrong. But the rest of your choices are excellent.
You shut your mouth, Elf is amazing! /fisticuffs

I deleted a lot of the GKs that didn't seem to be going anywhere from my wishlist. Here's a few that I can remember, in addition to the Kiking one you posted and the Reflect one chrono posted:
There's rumor that the Shinobu Alter is doing is based off the GK you posted. It hasn't been confirmed either way, but if it is...I think we found my first Shinobu figure [since GSC's is ridiculously expensive].

You shut your mouth, Elf is amazing! /fisticuffs

I have two issues with the Elf.

1) MegaHouse, so who knows how it's going to turn out.

2) She's aiming an arrow (that doesn't exist) behind her, using a bow without a string. Awesome pose, but the fact that they left such things out... I know the string is a bit impractical on a figure, but at least Madoka had a fucking arrow.

chrono01

I have two issues with the Elf.

1) MegaHouse, so who knows how it's going to turn out.

2) She's aiming an arrow (that doesn't exist) behind her, using a bow without a string. Awesome pose, but the fact that they left such things out... I know the string is a bit impractical on a figure, but at least Madoka had a fucking arrow.
It is a risk, but one I have no issue with taking! I shall jump in, wallet first. She is worth it.

As for the loss of string, it is sad that they couldn't have put something there, but it's an easy enough "fix" for someone to do on their own, should they feel obligated to do so. I'll leave it as is, though. For the "no arrow" part, I always thought that the illustration was captured after she fired it, so she wouldn't be holding one anyway [it also would have added to her cost, I'm sure, more PVC!].

While I pre-ordered her, I am worried as to the end-result. If Megahouse messes this one up, I might have to forego any and all future releases from them [outside of the One Piece/Queen's Blade figures].

Edit: Alter's Raven has a bow string :p

There's rumor that the Shinobu Alter is doing is based off the GK you posted. It hasn't been confirmed either way, but if it is...I think we found my first Shinobu figure [since GSC's is ridiculously expensive].

What

Alter pls. Figures based on Redjuice's artwork seem popular and usually turn out well so I don't think it would be a bad idea for somebody to do it.

chrono01

What

Alter pls. Figures based on Redjuice's artwork seem popular and usually turn out well so I don't think it would be a bad idea for somebody to do it.
Never mind. I had thought the illustration showcased by Alter was of this pose [and thus, the likelihood of us getting a sculpt that looked like the one you posted], but it appears as though they have a different one in-mind. Sorry for getting your hopes up. :(

It's a damn shame. I would easily pay 10,000+ yen for a sculpt/release of that Shinobu.

Never mind. I had thought the illustration showcased by Alter was of this pose [and thus, the likelihood of us getting a sculpt that looked like the one you posted], but it appears as though they have a different one in-mind. Sorry for getting your hopes up. :(

It's a damn shame. I would easily pay 10,000+ yen for a sculpt/release of that Shinobu.

I forgive you, but if I ever become a supervillain you'll know where to look for the origin story :p

I do wish Alter would switch up their source though. The silhouette they posted is more interesting than Koto's but still kind of similar.

chrono01

I forgive you, but if I ever become a supervillain you'll know where to look for the origin story :p

I do wish Alter would switch up their source though. The silhouette they posted is more interesting than Koto's but still kind of similar.
As long as you choose the donut as your supervillain food-of-choice [Shinobu would appreciate that], all will be well.

bUAFCCD.jpg

Princess Aurora from Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. never got made after being shown two years ago. It even had the Disney license, but nothing has been said about it since.

I'd break out into a song for Belle. Maybe brave a lake of molten lava for Jasmine.

[Picture non-existent]

Cardcaptor Sakura nendoroid. I need it. You guys haven't shown anything. Give it to meeeeeeee.

This plus I want the show's Blu-rays in R1. I always wanted to watch this but never got the chance.

LadyRiven

[Picture non-existent]

OMG I want Princess Aurora! I'm also still waiting for Sakura Nendo. :(

LadyRiven

We need a series of sexy bishoujo Disney princesses.

J.Scott Campbell's sexy Disney princesses are available in a calendar every year. It's not figures, but it's something. :) Ironically, you can also buy licensed Disney items with his princess art on him, albeit those are not the sexy versions. (They're still really awesomely drawn, though.)

johnsmith

remember me
Well, you really wouldn't even need to sex them up, just the standard looks would be pretty cool for a lot of them. I'd totally buy a figure of this
Frozen-Elsa.jpg

I was at the Downtown Disney store during blizzcon and Disney needs to step their figure and statue game up. Most of them out there are pretty terrible.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It is a risk, but one I have no issue with taking! I shall jump in, wallet first. She is worth it.

As for the loss of string, it is sad that they couldn't have put something there, but it's an easy enough "fix" for someone to do on their own, should they feel obligated to do so. I'll leave it as is, though. For the "no arrow" part, I always thought that the illustration was captured after she fired it, so she wouldn't be holding one anyway [it also would have added to her cost, I'm sure, more PVC!].

I believe you made the right decision. She looks super good. And I think you're right about her pose. It's like she's flipping over the enemy and just let an arrow fly behind her. I love it.

Are there particular lines of MegaHouse products that people are wary of? Is Excellent Model different from another production line?

chrono01

I believe you made the right decision. She looks super good. And I think you're right about her pose. It's like she's flipping over the enemy and just let an arrow fly behind her. I love it.

Are there particular lines of MegaHouse products that people are wary of? Is Excellent Model different from another production line?
I'm not sure what determines the difference in quality control for Megahouse. It is strange how there are little-to-no issues with the One Piece/Queen's Blade series and the complete opposite for ones such as Persona. Maybe the "Excellent Model" division is simply better at releasing higher quality products? I'm not sure.

Megahouse's Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 line seems to be going well [aside from Yamamoto Akira], so it's definitely not just the Excellent Model brand. I'm guessing there are a lot of different factors involved. Either way, I'm hopeful that Elf will turn just as nice as my current One Piece/Queen's Blade figures.

dreamfall

Lol it's the same wait for people wanting to get the art book and making of DVD as well lol, Bayonetta just gotta make people wait XD

Sorry, forever lurking here in awe of most of Figure GAF's dreamy collections.

But I did have Bayonetta on pre-order from AmiAmi forever? Do I need to do anything before it ships- it feels like forever. Is it really the end of December?

I'm forever hoping for some DOA5 Kotobukiya collaboration- but I guess I can keep hoping :/

Carry on- y'all are rad!

But I did have Bayonetta on pre-order from AmiAmi forever? Do I need to do anything before it ships- it feels like forever. Is it really the end of December?

They'll email you once they get it in stock to request payment. From there, just log into your account to confirm payment, and you're all set.

johnsmith

remember me
MFC blog post time, some of the more entertaining ones I've seen recently.

There's the 59 year old guy with a hidden collection of pervy figures.
http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/11592

Then there's the guy wondering whether it's a good idea to plaster his anime shit all over his new apartment's common room despite his roommate's cool reception to the idea.
http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/11576

He's in a new apartment because his fianceedumped him for being a lolicon.
http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/10283

MFC blog post time, some of the more entertaining ones I've seen recently.

There's the 59 year old guy with a hidden collection of pervy figures.
http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/11592

Then there's the guy wondering whether it's a good idea to plaster his anime shit all over his new apartment's common room despite his roommate's cool reception to the idea.
http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/11576

He's in a new apartment because his fianceedumped him for being a lolicon.
http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/10283

yeah I know about those last 2. BIG FACEPALM

Deprive

damn cute, but if I buy one I feel like I have to buy all five. Don't see myself spending $200 on Girls und Panzer Figmas.

Feel like those Girls und Panzer figmas are the only figmas going up this month :\

Where's Marth and Guyver Max Factory? :\

LadyRiven

Well, you really wouldn't even need to sex them up, just the standard looks would be pretty cool for a lot of them. I'd totally buy a figure of this
Frozen-Elsa.jpg

I was at the Downtown Disney store during blizzcon and Disney needs to step their figure and statue game up. Most of them out there are pretty terrible.

It's funny you mention that, because right after Blizzcon I went to downtown disney and bought the resin Robin Hood statue! (It's the one of him and Skippy, and it looks pretty great I think!) They should make some smaller resin figures though, because the ones they have are huge, and the only alternatives are the smaller and more expensive ceramic type ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom