• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Japanese spelling maybe? Try typing "Tharja" on MFC... nothing. Because Tharja is "Sallya" in the Japanese version of the game.
I'm pretty sure it's still Morgiana in the Japanese version, although I'm not familiar with the series so I can't speak too much on it.

Regardless, HLJ often-times list items with weird names. It's why, if I'm waiting for a pre-order that I think will sell out within seconds/minutes, such as those from One Piece, I sort/search by Manafacturer/Series and not by name. I know many missed out on a couple One Piece pre-orders due to a name being spelled differently than it should.

StayDead

This could affect some people here (amiami)

Important Notice Regarding Registered SAL Small Packet Shipping Service(updated Dec 10, 2013)
Dear Customers,
Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.
As the result of a recent international meeting of the Universal Postal Union, REGISTERED SAL Small Packet will unfortunately become unavailable to the following destination countries:
Australia / Denmark / Finland / Germany / Greenland / Hungary / Norway / Poland
All other shipping methods we currently offer such as EMS, Air Small Packet, Unregistered SAL Small Packet, and SAL Parcel will not be affected and will continue to be available.
The new postal regulation becomes effective on January 1, 2014, However at AmiAmi, orders from the above countries placed with Registered SAL Small Packet as the shipping method will be automatically updated to Air Small Packet starting Monday, December 16, 2013.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding and continued support.

That Amiami, man. Ships on a Friday, gets here Monday morning. Not faster than Amazon (because of Prime) but definitely faster than any american toy store I order from.

Anyway, Revoltech Jessie is awesome.

chrono01

Ha ha. I hope she turns out well, because if this is another case where the final product turns out looking like a bootleg, you're going to be so mad at yourself. :p
I'm not too worried. While I've seen the figure you're referring to, I have quite a few Megahouse figures [mostly One Piece and Queen's Blade] and I don't have a problem with them at all. They're actually pretty high-quality, so I'm hoping Elf is among these. If not...well...it's better to have pre-ordered and lost [the quality-control battle] than to never have pre-ordered at all.

...I think.

I'm not too worried. While I've seen the figure you're referring to, I have quite a few Megahouse figures [mostly One Piece and Queen's Blade] and I don't have a problem with them at all. They're actually pretty high-quality, so I'm hoping Elf is among these. If not...well...it's better to have pre-ordered and lost [the quality-control battle] than to never have pre-ordered at all.

...I think.

thats the issue. The QB and One Piece are the two exception lines that MH does well in. the persona ones look like shit compared to the prototype. Then that last one. Who knows about the two DS ones.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ha ha. I hope she turns out well, because if this is another case where the final product turns out looking like a bootleg, you're going to be so mad at yourself. :p

I guess it's just luck of the draw. George Kamitani's designs have always translated pretty beautifully into PVC. They can't break that tradition! I'm guessing that comparing sculptors wouldn't really help if the problem lies in the mass production end of things. How are their Space Battleship Yamato figures?

Speaking of which:
Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Yuria Misaki is only 2500 yen.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...59$s_saleitem=1$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

That seems like a good price. The figure's pretty cute.

chrono01

thats the issue. The QB and One Piece are the two exception lines that MH does well in. the persona ones look like shit compared to the prototype. Then that last one. Who knows about the two DS ones.
Yeah, the Persona line is definitely among the lower-end. It's a shame, too, considering how popular/great the series is. :/

I'm hoping that they show the same love/care for Elf as they do for One Piece/Queen's Blade. I know One Piece is basically their bread-and-butter, so they'd know better than to error on those, and Queen's Blade seems to be a great seller for them as well.

Please please PLEASE, don't mess up Elf...

kewlmyc

The Yu looks fine, but that Yukiko looks like shit I'll give you that...

meh i ordered the elf as well. 1/7 and I don't think the price will go down that much. Maybe 7-8k aftermarket.

Racing miku is 8k... and I want it... but from my experience racing mikus drop in price. 2011 dropped due to QC issues. 2012 dropped due to overproductions I assume with 2 different versions (freeing and gsc). I don't know if i should wait or order.

chrono01

meh i ordered the elf as well. 1/7 and I don't think the price will go down that much. Maybe 7-8k aftermarket.

Racing miku is 8k... and I want it... but from my experience racing mikus drop in price. 2011 dropped due to QC issues. 2012 dropped due to overproductions I assume with 2 different versions (freeing and gsc). I don't know if i should wait or order.

Anything Hatsune Miku-related, outside of exclusives, you're generally fine waiting on. They're always mass-produced, as you said, so picking one up at/after release is easy. At the worst you'll pay the standard MSRP, and you might even get a deal on it by waiting.

I like the way she looks, as well, but I'm kind of...Hatsune Miku'd out. Unless the sculpt is super-amazing, I'll likely be passing. I'm a lot more selective regarding figures of her than I used to be.

I guess it's just luck of the draw. George Kamitani's designs have always translated pretty beautifully into PVC. They can't break that tradition! I'm guessing that comparing sculptors wouldn't really help if the problem lies in the mass production end of things. How are their Space Battleship Yamato figures?

Speaking of which:
Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Yuria Misaki is only 2500 yen.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...59$s_saleitem=1$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

That seems like a good price. The figure's pretty cute.

I own Yuki and Yuria and they're both good, but based on pictures Akira didn't turn out as well. For that price Yuria is a steal. I paid 4k from Mandarake and was happy with that.

cajunator

Banned
Unboxed them :D

irfKhSI.jpg

kewlmyc

Oh god....

1. AmiAmi is shipping half my order early because it includes preowned items... (it's gonna be around $300)
2. One of them is Koto's Vash the Stampede which I just learned I could have gotten from Koto's English site for $50 cheaper brand new.
3. Apparently Vash the Stampede has some sort of issue where a good number of the figures arrive with one of the legs broken off.

What a very disheartening morning this has been figure wise.

Oh god....

1. AmiAmi is shipping half my order early because it includes preowned items... (it's gonna be around $300)
2. One of them is Koto's Vash the Stampede which I just learned I could have gotten from Koto's English site for $50 cheaper brand new.
3. Apparently Vash the Stampede has some sort of issue where a good number of the figures arrive with one of the legs broken off.

What a very disheartening morning this has been figure wise.

Outside of the money thing (I've felt that pain more than once), I wouldn't worry about it too much. Unless AmiAmi specifically said the figure was broken, if it does show up totalled they'll more than likely take care of you. The one thing you can't really fault them for is their customer service.

Of course, if it's a polystone or candy resin figure, you'd be S.O.L...

Now to see if they do the same to me, as my December is split between new/used/delayed figues. I think Dizzy is going to go the Bayonetta route due to lAter wanting to release the re-color at the same time as the re-release.

I feel the need to congratulate anyone with Bayonetta preorders. Probably one of the worst figure delays I've ever seen. Hope the shipped product ends up being worth the wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom