• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

I want some Valvrave love, but aside from the mechs they've already put out I don't think it'll happen. A show has to be stupidly popular for anyone to make quality male figures, and even if it was there's no guarantee (looking at you, SAO).

I would buy an L-Elf figure in a heartbeat. It's never going to happen though. ;_;

You can bet anything you want on Kill la Kill stuff. Whether you like it or not hehe.

The only KLK figure I really want is a good figure of Satsuki in her student council president uniform.

Me? I'd want Arpeggio stuff, the girls sitting on their vessels...but it'd be too small to be good or too hard to expose if HUUUUGE (the Girls und Panzer tank size).

Man, I fucking love that show. I thought I was the only one. I never expected it to turn into a kantai version of Tenchi Muyo, though. XD

Bombless

The only KLK figure I really want is a good figure of Satsuki in her student council president uniform.

Man, I fucking love that show. I thought I was the only one. I never expected it to turn into a kantai version of Tenchi Muyo, though. XD

Arpeggio is the show I look forward to the most hands down. It's just that good.

Subs 'n' Babes dudes, Subs 'n' Babes..

Bombless

It was the science-fictiony warfare aspect of it that appealed to me. It's a nice change of pace from all the fucking schoolgirls.

I had a good deal of sci-fi warfare with Yukikaze already, but NAVAL WARFARE is sorely missing from the anime scene. So this is super super great.

Out of the fall anime season, I am wondering which characters would you like to see a figure off? I am hoping for some log horizon and strike the blood.

Masayoshi from samumenco
Bakatora and touji from tokyo ravens
Ayato of diabolik lovers
Hiromi and akihito from beyond the boundary idol outfit
More kurobas

I want some Valvrave love, but aside from the mechs they've already put out I don't think it'll happen. A show has to be stupidly popular for anyone to make quality male figures, and even if it was there's no guarantee (looking at you, SAO).

Id want a Haruto to go with Lelf, if they had haruto on l elf biting version even.

Also got my Storm Shadow from a pre-order with a local UK seller, only took forever and a day, only complaint is the sleeves seem too short out of the box, when I get more free time I'll see if I can futz him properly ::

Even withi short sleeves he looks awesome! One I regret passing up on. Is the UK seller you get from reliable and affordable? Always keeping my eye out for other people to spend my money with.

RocBase

Yeah...and for pretty much any other media too. Easily my biggest frustration with this hobby. Granted the situation is a lot better compared to just a few years ago, even if there's still a lot to be desired.

Also, was this posted here yet? Noctis Play Arts prototype: https://twitter.com/hidemi_mad_dog/status/408969373148119040/photo/1/large
Bets on eventual pricing? I'd say 11,000 Yen myself.

Bombless

Buy this with two of these. Looks like this:

VzSbV3e.jpg

The white panel is removable, and you get a nice clear door. No pattern.

Can't believe I missed this post. This is brilliant. A bit more costly than detolfs but much easier to handle I suspect.

Will definitely look into that once I return from Frankfurt.

meijiko

Can't believe I missed this post. This is brilliant. A bit more costly than detolfs but much easier to handle I suspect.

Will definitely look into that once I return from Frankfurt.

I forgot this until my husband pointed it out to me, but as a warning to anyone wanting to do this, there's like a cm of gap between the doors. If you're super concerned about dust, you might want to look into gluing some weather stripping to one of the doors or something. I haven't noticed much dust getting in to be honest, but it's the sort of thing that bothers some people so I thought I should point it out.

I forgot this until my husband pointed it out to me, but as a warning to anyone wanting to do this, there's like a cm of gap between the doors. If you're super concerned about dust, you might want to look into gluing some weather stripping to one of the doors or something. I haven't noticed much dust getting in to be honest, but it's the sort of thing that bothers some people so I thought I should point it out.

Yeah, I noticed that from the pictures. Shouldn't be any reason for concern. Detolf units have a small gap between each side of the door and the rest of the glass pieces. I don't notice any dust getting in.

chrono01

Yeah, Super Pochaco [Super Sonico's slightly chubbier, blonde, twin sister?] is definitely something different. She seems to be getting a lot of figures/merchandise too.

I'm interested in seeing if Orchid Seed does anything, though. Or maybe even Alter now that they have a Super Sonico on the market.

Was going through some stuff in the basement, and I found a few boxes of those old Dragonball Z Super Battle Collection figures. Also found a couple Collective File DX Naruto figures (Neji and Temari) from MegaHouse, and the first 7 sets of Evangelion Kubricks.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Even withi short sleeves he looks awesome! One I regret passing up on. Is the UK seller you get from reliable and affordable? Always keeping my eye out for other people to spend my money with.

Reliable and affordable is a hard task to muster in the UK, as there is no official Hot Toy retailer here, you pretty much have to pre-order with whoever has the cheapest price or bite the bullet and use ebay with a seller who will mark your package as a gift to avoid custom fees on the Hong Kong release day.

The UK Hot Toys dealers I know of (that aren't forbidden planet or mothers basement) consist of the following:

One Sixth Bruce
Collectable Kitbash
The Good The Bad and The Robot
Collectables Direct
ToyHQ
Why So Serious?
Discontoys

They are reliable in that you will eventually get the item you ordered, and they are all cheaper then importing into this country, but personally I can't standing waiting forever to get my figures anymore and have almost of my future pre-orders with Sideshow, and what ever I don't have a pre-order for I'll just import from Hong Kong. What's another £20-£40 if I get the figures 4-6 months sooner then any UK dealer seem to be able to manage?

Just to put this in perspective:

I got Snake Eyes direct from Hong Kong on the 19th of July, a week after he came out, because I missed the pre-order window with OSB. £160
I just got Storm Shadow from OSB on the 6th of December and he came out July 11th in Hong Kong. £142
It took nearly 6 months to save a few quid.

I also don't want to recommend OSB, as my Hulk is literally on a slow boat from China that just left India on the 27th of November and won't be here until sometime next year.

Man watching through the 2nd season of Monogatari.
why have they made Figmas of every single character(even the worst most boring girl) but no Shinobu?
she could even have included the sword as an accessory.

Aytrial

Man watching through the 2nd season of Monogatari.
why have the made Figmas of every single character(even the worst most boring girl) but no Shinobu?
she could even have included the sword as an accessory.

Because they're obviously waiting to do a double release with Kiss Shot.

pls Max Factory.

But figma Hanekawa comes with her S2 hair.
What!?
that wasn't a rerelease or something, I swear I saw two or three different reviews that didn't show or even mention it.
Damn she was the only one I didn't buy because i figured they might do a more complete version later.
crap.

http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/main/122//FIG-MOE-5709.jpg
Ugh, I only ever saw the extra cat ears image(which doesn't do it for me without a full Black Hanekawa)

Thanks, guess I will go ahead and try to order her then.
Thank goodness that is another one off my laundry lists of Figma I want made.

Deprive

Wonder if Bayonetta will get delayed again. They just updated and said she is releasing on the 24th.

Think Tharja is probably delayed.

Bombless

If they updated her release for the 24th it probably won't be delayed. I hope.

On the subject of Monogatari...now that I've covered the first 2 seasons I'm considering figure options..

johnsmith

remember me
I might get Kamael now. March works a lot better than December for me.

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/post/3809/Release+Dates+and+Changes+for+December+2013+Products.html

Shipping out from the 16th December 2013:
Gift - Hayate Yagami: Swimsuit Ver.
*This product was planned for January 2014, but was moved to December.

Shipping out from the 18th December 2013:
Good Smile Company - Kuroyukihime
Good Smile Company - Picktam!: Attack on Titan - Part 1

Shipping out from the 19th December:
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Aya Shameimaru (Rerelease)

Arrival at wholesale stores on the 24th December 2013:
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Shinku: Rozen Maiden Set
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Petite: Photo Kano
Good Smile Company - wooser Clear File: flower
Good Smile Company - wooser Clear File: bird
Good Smile Company - wooser Clear File: wind
Good Smile Company - wooser Clear File: moon

Shipping out from the 24th December 2013:
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Akane Isshiki
Phat! Company - Bayonetta

On sale from the 26th December 2013:
Good Smile Company - figma Guts: Band of the Hawk ver.
Max Factory - figma Rintarou Okabe
Max Factory - figma Spider-Man

The following release dates have been changed:

Changed from December 2013 to January 2014:
Good Smile Company - Grace Plushie

Changed from December 2013 to March 2014:
Max Factory - Kamael

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/post/3809/Release+Dates+and+Changes+for+December+2013+Products.html

Max Factory - Kamael
GRAHHHH where is Tsukihi Araragi :'(

PS06.jpg

Jesus, nothing stops the Play Arts train.
seriously at this point the Batman variations and other DC characters have to be getting close to the number of Final Fantasy PAs.

It doesn't help that, in general, it seems static male figures are limited to only a few certain figure makers. If I recall correctly, I think Max Factory's Aoba did well and FREEing is currently working on a Kaito so at least more companies may be willing to try. Maybe there's a chance for Valvrave at some point in the future. At least the show is still currently airing so all hope is not lost yet! I think SAO was a special case because of the major focus on Asuna.

One of my long term figure wishes was for a nice figure of Raidou Kuzunoha so I was hopeful for the Megahouse one but I'm not too trusting with MH quality lately and with a 12,800 yen price I can't help but think they're pricing him such since no one else will make a static Raidou figure. But I guess beggars can't be choosers..

chrono01

Max Factory - Kamael
I'm tempted to grab Kamael now, as well. Although, the face still bothers me a bit. I'll wait and see.

As for Bayonetta...it's about time! Here's hoping she lives up to my high expectations [judging from the recent pictures she definitely does]. I'm guessing Deep Sea Hatsune Miku and Tharja are delayed, though. I'm not too surprised.

Bombless

Bayonetta.....IT'S HAPPENING.gif

Not phased at all by Kamael's delay. It's a good thing even. Lightens the burden on December....unless I decide on some last minute purchases ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom