• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of shelf space, I've actually had to put a complete stop to my figure ordering due to lack of space. I hate keeping figures in boxes and my last four figures are still patiently waiting to be displayed. :(

So just swap a few out. You don't need your entire collection on display at once.

WolfStark

First Front View of Kotobukiyas Cammy White Bishoujo:
1456713_776143875735344_913716284_n.jpg

I am a little bit torn but I tend to say that I really like it (despite the bad artifacts^^); looking forward to see her in full glory.

WolfStark

She looks better than Chun-li, that's for sure at least in my eyes. Maybe I buy her after selling Figma Mikasa, this is definitly a fair impression.

So just swap a few out. You don't need your entire collection on display at once.

It's hard to decide which to take out since where I have them is in an inconvenient place to reach and I'd be tempted to constantly swap them in/out. Maybe I can figure out a happy medium.

What I really need to do is some sort of overhaul of my living space for the new year. haha

LadyRiven

We should have met up. I didn't know you were going. I tried keeping an eye on the main blizzcon thread to see if there was going to be a meetup but I don't think anyone ever made a call on the time and place, or maybe I missed it.

I didn't see that Robin Hood statue when I was there, but looking at pics online it looks really good. The only one that caught my eye was a Jessica Rabbit one, but it was super expensive and just not as good looking as the Japanese stuff. I kept thinking, Max Factory would have done such a better job at a fraction of the price.

I actually don't think I saw or posted in the Blizzcon thread, but I post in the WoW one from time to time!

Here's a photo I took of Robin Hood at the store. Camera flash washed out Skippy a little, but I'm really happy with it. Robin Hood merch is so rare, I had to have this the second I saw it!

Disney wanted 60 bucks to ship this guy directly to my house, so I bought it and took it to the local post office and shipped it home for 25. :x

Toki767

Cammy looks really great because it doesn't look like they went overboard with the face like they do a lot of other bishoujo figures.

george_us

Power Girl is a must. Probably my favorite figure that I own.

Speaking of which, I need to sell Wonder Woman and Supergirl. I didn't like them as much as I thought and they're taking up closet space.

Speaking of which, I need to sell Wonder Woman and Supergirl. I didn't like them as much as I thought and they're taking up closet space.

Gotta make room for that new WW, right? ;)

Also, how much for dat Supergirl? I'd buy her for a reasonable price. I'm assuming she's more or less mint-out-of-box.

george_us

Gotta make room for that new WW, right? ;)

Also, how much for dat Supergirl? I'd buy her for a reasonable price. I'm assuming she's more or less mint-out-of-box.
I'd be willing to let her go for $60.

Do I hear 60$? :)

Edit: I'm willing to part with WW for $30 if anyone is interested.

chrono01

I'd totally buy Elsa and Anna figures/statues.

And damn Chrono, seeing that gif is making want that Elf. I've been trying to visit this thread less to lessen my spending, but man...awfully tempting.
Tempting? What's so tempting about it, there can really be only one possible outcome.

Pre-order her.

You know you want to and, if you manage somehow to resist, you'll just end up pre-ordering her later on anyway. Why suffer unnecessarily? >:)

Done.

Then I realised I had Tharja this month. TWO Tharjas.

And Sailor Mars.

4ciCI.gif
You are wise to have pre-order her. I congratulate you.

Also, don't worry. I'm sure Tharja will be delayed.

Cammy looks great.

I'm not sure if I'll purchase her, though [since I'd then feel obligated to purchase Chun-Li as well], but she looks nice.

I'm not liking Cammy's face 100% (more like 70%). The face sculpts recently seem to be less "bishoujo" than previous offerings. Also compared to the original art she's lost her sternness. I wouldn't mind if they tweaked it a bit.

I see what you're talking about, but I can't put my finger on exactly what the issue is. Is it the eyebrows? Are they angled downward a bit too much? At first I thought it was the eyeliner, but it looks fine.

I see what you're talking about, but I can't put my finger on exactly what the issue is. Is it the eyebrows? Are they angled downward a bit too much? At first I thought it was the eyeliner, but it looks fine.

I reckon the eyes aren't as big and the face is not as round making them appear less "young girl" and a tiny bit more mature. Not really complaining about this trend but if they'd made Cammy look a little more fierce I'd be happy.

So for those ordering from AmiAmi, how's their packaging? I'm thinking of changing my WW and Spider-Woman pre-orders to them.

chrono01

So for those ordering from AmiAmi, how's their packaging? I'm thinking of changing my WW and Spider-Woman pre-orders to them.
If anything AmiAmi packages things too well. They always line their boxes with a lot of packing paper, which adds to not only the size of the box but its weight as well. However, you can be guaranteed that the item will reach you safely.

I've seen reports of people having holes put in their shipping boxes [due to postal neglect] and the inside contents being 100% safe. It's one of the many reasons AmiAmi is my preferred store.

I'm not liking Cammy's face 100% (more like 70%). The face sculpts recently seem to be less "bishoujo" than previous offerings. Also compared to the original art she's lost her sternness. I wouldn't mind if they tweaked it a bit.
I was really looking forward to their bishoujo Lili since the drawing was great... then the sculpt of the figure came out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom