• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Oh my.

Customs are going to have a field day with that one for me ;__;
Indeed. Let us hope that they do not "confiscate" it after seeing how incredible she is.

Also, that Maka Albarn figure posted earlier, apparently pre-orders will start on Dec. 24th in Japan, so Dec. 23rd in most areas. Price hasn't been announced yet.

Also, Daisy is scheduled to ship on December 19th.

Damn...my December order is going to kill my wallet...

WolfStark

Nihongogo put up a review of Kotobukiya Bishoujo Psylocke:
Kotobukiya-Marvel-X-Force-Version-Psylocke-Ninja-Outfit-Bishoujo-Statue-15.jpg

http://nihongogo.com/2013/12/kotobu...psylocke-ninja-outfit-bishoujo-statue-review/

johnsmith

remember me
It's funny you mention that, because right after Blizzcon I went to downtown disney and bought the resin Robin Hood statue! (It's the one of him and Skippy, and it looks pretty great I think!) They should make some smaller resin figures though, because the ones they have are huge, and the only alternatives are the smaller and more expensive ceramic type ones.
We should have met up. I didn't know you were going. I tried keeping an eye on the main blizzcon thread to see if there was going to be a meetup but I don't think anyone ever made a call on the time and place, or maybe I missed it.

I didn't see that Robin Hood statue when I was there, but looking at pics online it looks really good. The only one that caught my eye was a Jessica Rabbit one, but it was super expensive and just not as good looking as the Japanese stuff. I kept thinking, Max Factory would have done such a better job at a fraction of the price.

RocBase

I wonder, does anyone have any figures on your wishlist that will probably never get made? Speaking specifically of figures that have been shown/announced before, or resin kits, that never got a mass production.

bUAFCCD.jpg

Princess Aurora from Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. never got made after being shown two years ago. It even had the Disney license, but nothing has been said about it since.

That Aurora is lovely, really wish we could have quality Disney Princess figures which aren't resins that cost an arm and a leg. I see johnsmith already brought it up, but a dream would be to at least have the girls in the Koto bishoujo line (but treated like how the Mass Effect girls were, and not like the Tekken ones).

As for your question I have a bunch of myself, but I'll have to go with these 3 for my top picks (with Jeanne being way ahead in the lead as most wished of the lot):

We need a series of sexy bishoujo Disney princesses.
Most of the time for me it kinda becomes OOC and weird when I see sexy takes on characters which...really aren't like that. For example I'd cringe if Snow White got hit with this, but I wouldn't mind a sexy version of Jasmine at all (hell I'd even buy it).
Disney princess bishoujos would be great, but rather of them just being princesses and keeping their own original charm.

Also, that Maka Albarn figure posted earlier, apparently pre-orders will start on Dec. 24th in Japan, so Dec. 23rd in most areas. Price hasn't been announced yet.

Price has been announced. 9000 JPY. A bit pricey, but she looks totally worth it, and she shouldn't be so bad after discounts. June release.

george_us

Psylocke looks preeeeety good. I've already bought enough this year though and I have nowhere to put her. I've already boxed Bishoujo Wonder Woman and Supergirl because I didn't have room for them (plus I didn't like them as much as I thought).

Still very tempting. Love her pose.

I wonder, does anyone have any figures on your wishlist that will probably never get made? Speaking specifically of figures that have been shown/announced before, or resin kits, that never got a mass production.

I still wish GSC would have picked this GK up and released a Raidou Kuzunoha Nendoroid.

I'm still holding out hope for Sakura from Card Captor Sakura. That series needs more attention paid to it in general. It's one of my all time favorites.

meijiko

I preordered her just now, too. I'm a little bummed because I won't be getting the others in the set (too exposed for my taste), but she'll fit right in on my Kamitani shelf.

Question: If you haven't pre-ordered Elf yet, what are you waiting for!?

Dammit i'm in rehab and this cutie appears

so who else is pre-ordering her?

Already did.

That's not too bad at all, it'll be even cheaper with store discounts. I am tempted.

When did the transfer rate of USD to JPY change so drastically? The other day, it was like $25 = 3000 JPY. At this rate, I'm down for her. She'll probably be like, $75 or so. Not bad for a figure that's about a foot tall. Yes, the scythe counts.

RMI

Banned
When did the transfer rate of USD to JPY change so drastically? The other day, it was like $25 = 3000 JPY. At this rate, I'm down for her. She'll probably be like, $75 or so. Not bad for a figure that's about a foot tall. Yes, the scythe counts.

the dollar has been gaining on the yen over the past couple of months, but just ever so slightly. $1=¥100 for a long time but now it's $1=¥103, which is only like 3% or whatever, but when you have orders in 10s of thousands of yen it starts to make a noticeable difference.

Bombless

the dollar has been gaining on the yen over the past couple of months, but just ever so slightly. $1=¥100 for a long time but now it's $1=¥103, which is only like 3% or whatever, but when you have orders in 10s of thousands of yen it starts to make a noticeable difference.

Not sure if this exchange rate is worth the taxes we get hit with. Still, it makes for a little balm for my wallet pains.

Edit : Almost didnt notice Elf's second support. My leaning fears are put to rest.

Hm. It seems I made a booboo. Maka is actually a July 2014 release. Which is fine with me, my July is empty as fuck. Hopefully a bishoujo or two come out that month as well, then I'll be set.

Edit : Almost didnt notice Elf's second support. My leaning fears are put to rest.

Yeah, I'm honestly kind of tempted. But I'm not sure I wanna take the Yamamoto gamble.

Bombless

Hm. It seems I made a booboo. Maka is actually a July 2014 release. Which is fine with me, my July is empty as fuck. Hopefully a bishoujo or two come out that month as well, then I'll be set.

Yeah, I'm honestly kind of tempted. But I'm not sure I wanna take the Yamamoto gamble.

Stop playing hard-to-get Freeza-kun, it doesn't suit you.

kewlmyc

Everyone join the Elf family!

Also yeah, Morgiana looks great and I might pick up Maka too. Good Soul Eater figs are either rare or don't exist.

Bombless

Mom update : I had forgotten I came to Germany with her laptop. I skyped her tonight and it went like this :
"Btw, your Melty comes out this month. And Racing Miku 2013 is now open."
"Place the other for me"
"Uhh...have you seen her?"
"No, but I don't care. Place the order"
"I'll bring the laptop back on Sunday, you can.."
"Now!"
"Yes, mother."

She also told me to keep watch for the next Snow Miku Nendo (she doesn't know when it will open up, just that it exists).

I can't wait to hand her Strawberry Snow Miku in a properly wrapped up package. It will either trigger a glorious reaction or cause a total meltdown. Either way it should be interesting.

You guys will hear about it, assuming I survive the event.

Psylocke looks amazing. Still going to hold out for a recolor.

I've already got 3 elfs in the last 6 months plus I've no interest in Dragon's Crown so I'll pass on those.
Also Megahouse.

On the subject of that Soul Eater figure... is the anime worth watching? Amazon is selling the complete series (all 51 episodes) on Blu-Ray for $24. So tempted.

kewlmyc

On the subject of that Soul Eater figure... is the anime worth watching? Amazon is selling the complete series (all 51 episodes) on Blu-Ray for $24. So tempted.

It's a better than average shounen, but the ending is anime original and super weak. The entire series is set around Halloween/horror (zombies, Frankenstein, spiders, grim reaper) and parody so that's a plus. If you have Netflix, it's on there in its entirety.

Ryuuroden

Question: If you haven't pre-ordered Elf yet, what are you waiting for!?

i6UYthjBOJTRs.gif

Goddammit chrono01, why did you have to do this. I WAS totally planning on NOT getting her till NOW. My collection is going to start looking like an Archer Fetish too.... Have Ultimate Madoka and incoming Sakuya Mode: Saraphim, Signum, and now Elf.

I swear to god I am coming after you if I get screwed on quality issues. My very first Megahouse was the infamous Akira and I got screwed.

Goddammit chrono01, why did you have to do this. I WAS totally planning on NOT getting her till NOW. My collection is going to start looking like an Archer Fetish too.... Have Ultimate Madoka and incoming Sakuya Mode: Saraphim, Signum, and now Elf.

You ordered Signum?! God dammit, you'll only encourage them by caving in to that ludicrous pricing.

I swear to god I am coming after you if I get screwed on quality issues. My very first Megahouse was the infamous Akira and I got screwed.

If Elf turns out to be terrible, then Chrono and Bombless owe me double her list price. It's only fair they split it since they're both filthy enablers. ;)

chrono01

Excellent. Another member joins us...

i1F8zpWNLiIL1.gif

If Elf turns out to be terrible, then Chrono and Bombless owe me double her list price. It's only fair they split it since they're both filthy enablers. ;)
I promise nothing!

Although I have a feeling she'll turn out great, she's part of the Excellent Model line after all and I've never had an issue with any of them.

bkw

Oh man, the Elf looks great. Love the game, love the art, and love the pose and sculpt on the figure. Love how it's not over the top suggestive as well (though she does seem to have an uncomfortable wedgie.)

Not loving the price tag though.

sca2511

Well, you really wouldn't even need to sex them up, just the standard looks would be pretty cool for a lot of them. I'd totally buy a figure of this

I was at the Downtown Disney store during blizzcon and Disney needs to step their figure and statue game up. Most of them out there are pretty terrible.

I'd totally buy Elsa and Anna figures/statues.

And damn Chrono, seeing that gif is making want that Elf. I've been trying to visit this thread less to lessen my spending, but man...awfully tempting.

Mom update : I had forgotten I came to Germany with her laptop. I skyped her tonight and it went like this :

She also told me to keep watch for the next Snow Miku Nendo (she doesn't know when it will open up, just that it exists).

I can't wait to hand her Strawberry Snow Miku in a properly wrapped up package. It will either trigger a glorious reaction or cause a total meltdown. Either way it should be interesting.

You guys will hear about it, assuming I survive the event.

I admit half the reason I end up popping into this thread is to hear the latest stories about your mom. Love how excited she gets over figures. haha Just hope she has enough shelf space for the rate she's buying them at!

Speaking of shelf space, I've actually had to put a complete stop to my figure ordering due to lack of space. I hate keeping figures in boxes and my last four figures are still patiently waiting to be displayed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom