• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolon

Are the Seven Deadly Sins figures 9 inches including the base or not including the base?

Paying over $100 for a figure under 9 inches is insanity to me and would make me feel better about myself for skipping out.

I just measured - both Asmodeus and Lucifer are about 9" not including the base. The base is about 3.25" high.

Bombless

Amiami finally fixed my monthly order.

BAYONETTA - Bayonetta Complete Figure(Preorder)
Unit price 10,490 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 10,490 JPY

Fire Emblem Awakening - Tharja 1/7 Complete Figure(Preorder)
Unit price 8,620 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 8,620 JPY

MARVEL BISHOUJO - Psylocke -X-FORCE NINJA OUTFIT- 1/7 Complete Figure(Back-order)
Unit price 5,480 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 5,480 JPY

Nendoroid - Iron Man Mark 42 Hero's Edition + Hall of Armor Set(Released)
Unit price 4,380 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 4,380 JPY

Bishoujo Character Collection No.01 MAOYU - Demon King Figure Smartphone Stand(Preorder)
Unit price 1,980 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 1,980 JPY

Subtotal: 30,950 JPY
Shipping: 0 JPY
Grand total: To be determined

Shipping method: EMS
Payment method: PayPal

This will be an interesting sized box. The import tax better be less than Love is War given the total value will be lower!

PS : I don't want to hear any Tharja naysayers!

cajunator

Banned
Indeed. Now to find a GSC Kino! She was one of the most voted figures in GSC's recent poll over which figures they should re-release. If they can get the license worked out, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

And if you haven't seen Kino's Journey, you really really should.

I WOULD BUY THE HELL OUT OF THIS

george_us

I just measured - both Asmodeus and Lucifer are about 9" not including the base. The base is about 3.25" high.
Ohh damn that's pretty tall then. Eh fuck it, why the hell not? I'll probably be rotating figures in and out of display since I won't have the room to display them all. Plus I really like the Mammon's design despite my reservations. Might pull the trigger if I can find her at slightly more reasonable price.

Bombless

XGRPwn1.jpg

My will has faltered. She called me over to try some clothes she got me for Christmas, so I decided to give her the gift.

Note to self : Nendoroids make mom jump from excitement. I have never ever seen her do that.

New goal in life : find the perfect gift for her so she can hop around again.

chrono01

Don't do it, mang. That repaint is hideous.
I wouldn't necessarily say "hideous", but the color scheme definitely doesn't suit her. Considering that the original is extremely pricey now, it is an okay alternative, if you can overlook the pink/black. But yeah, I'm really not sure what Amakuni was thinking when they chose those colors. :/

My only complaint with her is that the clothing can be difficult to close. Other than that, she's perfect.

Considering that the original is extremely pricey now, it is an okay alternative, if you can overlook the pink/black.

Well I can't. It looks terrible. And it also prevents me from buying the entire series, so $1000 saved! Wheeeee!

Actually, the thing that really kept me from starting is when I saw that $225 Asmodeus on N-Y. Holy balls.

Sushigod7

My will has faltered. She called me over to try some clothes she got me for Christmas, so I decided to give her the gift.

Note to self : Nendoroids make mom jump from excitement. I have never ever seen her do that.

That's awesome! Keep up the good work!

chrono01

Well I can't. It looks terrible. And it also prevents me from buying the entire series, so $1000 saved! Wheeeee!

Actually, the thing that really kept me from starting is when I saw that $225 Asmodeus on N-Y. Holy balls.
Haha, whatever helps you save money!

To be honest, I kind of figured Asmodeus would reach ridiculous prices. She's the first release in a line that 's decently popular, so of course everyone wants to go back and pick her up. It's a shame about the chain included being rusted [in most cases], but it's an easy enough problem to fix. Still, something like that shouldn't have been an issue at all.

I'm just glad that I pre-ordered/purchased her when she was announced. Of course I had to go for the Limited Edition. I needed that tissue cover. >_<

chrono01

Oh man, this Athena figure is pretty cute. I don't buy swimsuit figures (even though that's her normal outfit) but this looks good.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-003944
II533ex.png
Yeah, she looks great. I know nothing of the series, though, and the figure doesn't scream "MUST HAVE" to me. Nice sculpt, though, and I love the colors.

By the way, Momo Deviluke [Max Factory] and Deep Sea Miku [GSC] have been delayed until next year [January/February respectively]. That lessens my near 80,000 yen combined order for December considerably.

No word on Tharja yet. :/

Yeah.

She will be worth the wait, I'm sure, but still... :(

Look on the bright-side. She hasn't reached Bayonetta-sized delays yet. But then, what figure will ever reach that level?

Actually, I'm not that upset over the delay. It makes my December cheaper. Assuming Tharja is also delayed, that leaves me with just the new Psylocke bishoujo and Melty for the month. Which is good, because I also have Koto's 1/6 Batman ArtFX pre-ordered from BBTS for $90.

chrono01

Actually, I'm not that upset over the delay. It makes my December cheaper. Assuming Tharja is also delayed, that leaves me with just the new Psylocke bishoujo and Melty for the month. Which is good, because I also have Koto's 1/6 Batman ArtFX pre-ordered from BBTS for $90.
Yeah, as I mentioned earlier, my December is insanely expensive. While I'm not shedding tears that she was delayed [since it helps ease the burden of the cost somewhat], I do feel bad for those that were eagerly anticipating her.

However, since no release date was posted this far into the month, I think the majority of the people were expecting a delay anyway. I would be very surprised if Tharja didn't receive one, as well.

george_us

Weeeelp went on ahead and pre-ordered Mammon from Nippon-Yasan for kicks. Order came out to $150 when it was all said and done. Really hope she turns out well.

chrono01

Weeeelp went on ahead and pre-ordered Mammon from Nippon-Yasan for kicks. Order came out to $150 when it was all said and done. Really hope she turns out well.
Congrats. I'm sure she'll turn out well. >:)

By the way, The Muse of Range Murata [Alter] figure goes up for pre-order on December 18th. I know nothing of her, or the series, but she looks amazing. That chair!

ibxca9nX3LP0zA.jpg

Must resist...
Mus..t resis...t
M..us...t pr..e-ord...er...
MUST PRE-ORDER!

kiryogi

Banned

Best mom and son ever. Legit.

Super hot custom Homura from the 3rd Madoka movie... SPOILERS

http://i.imgur.com/g8fv344.jpg

I can't wait for GSC to announce the actual.

Giolon

So far, they've all turned out really well from what I've seen. There have been some minor issues (Asmodeus's chain has rust problems, Lucifer's clothing likes to fall off if you touch her), but they've matched up to the prototypes pretty darn well, IMO. I expect Mammon will be no different.

Does anyone know anywhere I can still get a Play Arts Kai Garrus? I'm trying to get one for my girlfriend for Christmas since she loves Garrus and Mass Effect, but I've just been having the worst luck. The first seller I bought from on eBay had to cancel my order since they found the rest of their stock in their warehouse had been water damaged and had to be destroyed for insurance purposes. Then I found Nin-Nin Game and at the time I had placed my order it was still in stock. I placed my order and paid in full, waited 10 days with no response to any of my inquiries, until today letting me know that they're actually sold out and are also canceling my order. Now the only remaining ones on eBay are $130+. :(

cajunator

Banned
Congrats. I'm sure she'll turn out well. >:)

By the way, The Muse of Range Murata [Alter] figure goes up for pre-order on December 18th. I know nothing of her, or the series, but she looks amazing. That chair!

ibxca9nX3LP0zA.jpg

Must resist...
Mus..t resis...t
M..us...t pr..e-ord...er...
MUST PRE-ORDER!

I.....want this
its not from a show though. It looks like an original character.

Love Murata's work from Last Exile. Wish he had a more prolific career.

Heard of the anime series Shangri La? Thats another Range Murata work.

Glad your Mum liked the Nendos! I don't want to make a habit of buying them for obvious reasons, but the 2014 Snow Miku will probably be my first. I mean, she's a Snow Witch.

Yeah, she looks great. I know nothing of the series, though, and the figure doesn't scream "MUST HAVE" to me. Nice sculpt, though, and I love the colors.

By the way, Momo Deviluke [Max Factory] and Deep Sea Miku [GSC] have been delayed until next year [January/February respectively]. That lessens my near 80,000 yen combined order for December considerably.

No word on Tharja yet. :/

Ugh, both those delays affect me. More like Nomo Deviluke :( Deep Sea Miku I expected though.

Screw that, I'm ordering her. I love Murata's work.

I'll probably join you. Same sculptor as Melty + Alter + 1/6 + Range Murata. Hard to resist.

Rootbeer

Banned
It's getting into crunch time for me, I must decide....

currently my december order consists of (assuming no delays?)
figma Spider-Man
Nendoroid Colossal Titan Playset
figma Guts (Band of the Hawk ver)

Pretty big order for me already, but I'm strongly considering adding GEM Aladdin. Do you think it's a good idea GAF? I don't own any GEM figures yet (in fact, I don't own any figures of this type, aka non-poseable, high-quality, high-detail, I usually go for poseable figures)

I've heard some say they think this figure looks way too skinny but I'm still on the fence. There aren't a lot of Magi figures of good quality though, which is why it has my eye

johnsmith

remember me

figma Spider-Man

Pretty big order for me already, but I'm strongly considering adding GEM Aladdin. Do you think it's a good idea GAF? I don't own any GEM figures yet (in fact, I don't own any figures of this type, aka non-poseable, high-quality, high-detail, I usually go for poseable figures)

I've heard some say they think this figure looks way too skinny but I'm still on the fence. There aren't a lot of Magi figures of good quality though, which is why it has my eye

Aladdin will probably be available later cheaper. Megahouse figures usually don't sell out and go on sale. So even if you don't get him now I'm sure he will still be available in a couple of months.

Ryuuroden

Decisions, decisions. Trying to decide between picking up strikerS series Unison Vita, Shamal, Hayate w/reinforce, and Exceed Mode Nanoha to go with my super pricy Signum figure that's coming next year or get Aladdin and Morgiana. Honestly, I am leaning toward a complete MGLN team because the series after all these years still has a hold on me and the figures are all Alter and reasonably priced (except Nanoha) and look great. I love Magi but am hesitant on megahouse (I got hosed on akira yamamoto). I figure I can wait on Magi since I am on the fence about it and I should follow my heart and get the Nanoha figures for my Christmas present. As you can see, I have mostly made up my mind while typing this on my cellphone, but I am still looking for feedback from anyone who owns those figures and on where to find a Fate figure to complete the core team.

Glad to hear how happy your mom is! :) I have a feeling by this time next year, the house will be entirely taken over by her Miku collection. Are there any Miku nurse figures? Bet you could get another hop out of her for combining two things she loves. haha

good to see athena getting better figure treatment. i'm not sold on this version and not familiar with the manufacturer, but it's a start. needs more kof love.

figma Spider-Man

Im gonna get him too but ai haven't added him. You can wait until after it ships to stores to get a box with MAJOR damage.

Love Murata's work from Last Exile. Wish he had a more prolific career.

Same here. I still have my Last Exile DVDs. I was psyched about the Last Exile Blu-Ray release until IT GOT CANCELLED!

I'll probably join you. Same sculptor as Melty + Alter + 1/6 + Range Murata. Hard to resist.

Yes! Come on, Chrono... One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

Shame it's a swimsuit...It would had been interesting to get a 2nd 1/6 chair featuring figure since I'm getting Cyril for Christmas.

See, that's just it. Knowing what I know of Murata's artwork, I don't quite think it is (at least technically). I have one of his artbooks, and a lot of the characters therein are in skimpy outfits that aren't quite swimsuits.

Mikhal

Oh man, this Athena figure is pretty cute. I don't buy swimsuit figures (even though that's her normal outfit) but this looks good.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-003944
II533ex.png

good to see athena getting better figure treatment. i'm not sold on this version and not familiar with the manufacturer, but it's a start. needs more kof love.

Ugh. I was happy to see more SNK figures, but Embrace Japan really dropped the ball with their Fio (Metal Slug) figure from what I heard. Hoping this one turns out alright.

figma Spider-Man

I want Aladdin but after seeing GEM Naruto, all the others in he line seem to well not be as loaded with stuff and faces, etc.

I hope they do more of Magi, I need my Judar and Kouha Ren!

cajunator

Banned
Same here. I still have my Last Exile DVDs. I was psyched about the Last Exile Blu-Ray release until IT GOT CANCELLED!

Yes! Come on, Chrono... One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

See, that's just it. Knowing what I know of Murata's artwork, I don't quite think it is (at least technically). I have one of his artbooks, and a lot of the characters therein are in skimpy outfits that aren't quite swimsuits.

Yeah I got the original series on dvd and the new Fam series on bluray. Both are good. Fam is adorable.

Bombless

The "Pantsu ja nai!" argument doesn't work with me :p

Everytime I come back to here, I see people enabling each other XD

C'mon FigureGAF now's the time to establish the Cult of Enablers with the trinity of top enablers chrono01, Freezasaurus and johnsmith

XD

Rootbeer

Banned
Aladdin will probably be available later cheaper. Megahouse figures usually don't sell out and go on sale. So even if you don't get him now I'm sure he will still be available in a couple of months.
Would these cheaper prices be on amiami or elsewhere? Would amazon be carrying this figure?
Im gonna get him too but ai haven't added him. You can wait until after it ships to stores to get a box with MAJOR damage.
Hmm, i'm totally okay with damaged boxes, but what retailers would have these? I don't know where to look for that stuff. on amazon I know you can find lots of damaged boxed items but which retailers do you mean?
I want Aladdin but after seeing GEM Naruto, all the others in he line seem to well not be as loaded with stuff and faces, etc.

I hope they do more of Magi, I need my Judar and Kouha Ren!
I agree he is light on customization, after seeing pics of some other GEMS I was really disappointed in this one in that aspect, but otherwise I do think I like the look of it! And yeah, if they end up doing a lot more Magi characters then I'm definitely going to need this one. It's just not a Magi collection without Aladdin to me :p

johnsmith

remember me
Would these cheaper prices be on amiami or elsewhere? Would amazon be carrying this figure?

Hmm, i'm totally okay with damaged boxes, but what retailers would have these? I don't know where to look for that stuff. on amazon I know you can find lots of damaged boxed items but which retailers do you mean?

I agree he is light on customization, after seeing pics of some other GEMS I was really disappointed in this one in that aspect, but otherwise I do think I like the look of it! And yeah, if they end up doing a lot more Magi characters then I'm definitely going to need this one. It's just not a Magi collection without Aladdin to me :p

He might show up as new on sale on plamoya, amiami, or hobby search's seasonal sales.

Cheaper used versions (with damaged boxes sometimes) show up on mandarake or amiami's preowned section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom