• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always really wanted to get into figure collecting, but haven't ever had the money for it. Within the next year I'm going to be going into the military and will have disposable income, which means I'm probably going to fall head first into figure collecting.

Quick question, what are the best Evangelion Unit-01's?

Aaaaaand I'm scared to have money. Too many options, I'll drive myself nuts and into the poorhouse. These choices are going to have to wait until I am absolutely ready to buy.

You should probably decide where you want to focus your collection. If you don't, you'll be spending tons of cash like the rest of us.

chrono01

You should probably decide where you want to focus your collection. If you don't, you'll be spending tons of cash like the rest of us.

Yeah, decide where to focus so you can spend tons of cash like the rest of us....but on a narrower spectrum.
Pretty much these.

If you don't want to spend money, and actually save it, this had better be you.

ig2zXcMAPPk87.gif

Run. Run now, and do not turn back.

george_us

What about Jaina Solo?

Power Girl?

Wonder Woman?

They are the best of the best of the Bishoujo line!
I already have Power Girl and Wonder Woman. Power Girl is probably my favorite that I own followed by Velvet and Bishoujo Shepard. Wonder Woman I liked in pictures but when I got her in person I didn't like her all that much. Her pose is a little dull and she seems smaller for some reason than the others despite being the same height. Jaina Solo doesn't do much for me honestly.

Tried to order from AmiAmi using my credit card, got a call from my bank with a report of suspicious activity from a PEIZIENTO. MFC says it's legit but in the meantime I can't use my card.

Should have gone with Paypal.

Tried to order from AmiAmi using my credit card, got a call from my bank with a report of suspicious activity from a PEIZIENTO. MFC says it's legit but in the meantime I can't use my card.

Should have gone with Paypal.

Yeah, it's legit. Last AmiAmi order I had showed up on my statement like that. Order total was the same amount as the charge so I wasn't worried, but I checked around a bit anyhow.

When does amiami change their vague late Jan early february dates to actual dates and how much shipping should I expect ems (ordered small postere and photo collections)

Never. They're just general release estimates. They'll never state a specific day. If you're curious about that, you'll have to see what you can scrounge up on MFC and the various manufacturer blogs.

DO IT! Best beat'em up in a long, LONG time. Possibly ever.

I'm hoping Atlus and Vanillaware give us a PS4 port.

I'd actually rather they move on to an entirely new game.

New Vanillaware! New figures! win/win!

george_us

I'd actually rather they move on to an entirely new game.

New Vanillaware! New figures! win/win!
Whynotboth.gif

I just never want to have to turn on my PS3 (or 360) again. Picking up a PS4 made me realize just how done I am with the PS3/360 generation. I've pretty much been playing it non-stop save for several Mario 3D World binge sessions. Sadly I still have several unbeaten RPGs like Tales of Xillia, Atelier Meruru/Ayesha plus there's Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, Dark Souls 2, Persona 5, and Tales of Xillia 2 to look forward to.

Well it certainly can't get worse than this...monstrosity!

Bahahahaha. I love how her breasts are bigger than her head. If she runs, she's going to knock herself out.

Amazon is still a possible buy for me. She was my first playthrough character in the game, and I do so like her.

Whynotboth.gif

I just never want to have to turn on my PS3 (or 360) again. Picking up a PS4 made me realize just how done I am with the PS3/360 generation.

Whaaaaa?! What are you playing? I haven't bought a PS4 yet because everything I want to play between now and the spring is only on current-gen consoles.

RocBase

When does amiami change their vague late Jan early february dates to actual dates and how much shipping should I expect ems (ordered small postere and photo collections)

Yeah Amami never has specific dates, I generally use Amazon for that if I really need it.
Amiami has a shipping chart on their site somewhere for estimates, you might probably want to check out the 300~500kg prices to get a rough idea.

george_us

Whaaaaa?! What are you playing? I haven't bought a PS4 yet because everything I want to play between now and the spring is only on current-gen consoles.
Right now a lot of AssCreed 4 and Warframe. AC4 is a very good apology from Ubi for releasing Assassin's Creed 3. Plus there's Resogun and I'm really debating on picking up Trine 2.

Right now a lot of AssCreed 4 and Warframe. AC4 is a very good apology from Ubi for releasing Assassin's Creed 3.

Yeah, I loved it on PS3. I still have to take down the legendary ships, so I may pop it in tonight. Since, you know, I'm in southeast NY and everyone is snowed in. I think the game could have been just as good if they dropped the Assassin's Creed hoodoo and just made a regular pirate game.

So back on topic... I'm debating if I should try to track down a Scarlet Witch bishoujo. I know it's going to be a bitch finding one at a decent price.

johnsmith

remember me
So back on topic... I'm debating if I should try to track down a Scarlet Witch bishoujo. I know it's going to be a bitch finding one at a decent price.

Regular prices? Yeah, she's good, though small.

Stupid current prices? Not unless you love the character and the sculpt.

LadyRiven

Elf is the character I play in DC, so I do want her for that reason (and the fact that the figure looks awesome) but I'm reeeally looking forward to the Tiki figure too. >_< No idea when she's gonna come out though; they haven't even showed her in color yet.

So a few of you may remember I was going to buy a Ms. Marvel Binary variant a month or two back. Found it from a Newegg marketplace seller for a decent price. Unfortunately, the seller canceled the order. >.<

I've since managed to acquire one, and she came in the mail today. She's gorgeous.

chrono01

So a few of you may remember I was going to buy a Ms. Marvel Binary variant a month or two back. Found it from a Newegg marketplace seller for a decent price. Unfortunately, the seller canceled the order. >.<

I've since managed to acquire one, and she came in the mail today. She's gorgeous.
Congrats!

There's nothing quite like obtaining that figure you've been attempting to track down.

Congrats!

There's nothing quite like obtaining that figure you've been attempting to track down.

Indeed. Now to find a GSC Kino! She was one of the most voted figures in GSC's recent poll over which figures they should re-release. If they can get the license worked out, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

And if you haven't seen Kino's Journey, you really really should.

george_us

You know what? I'd give serious thought to grabbing the Seven Deadly Sins Mammon figure if her tits weren't comically colossal. And if she was wearing more than straps for panties. And if she didn't cost at minimum $130. I dig the overall look of her though. She'd be a great figure to display during Halloween if the perv factor was toned down a smidge.

^Eh, I passed on Lucifer way back when simply because, given those pedestal bases, the completist in me would need to buy every last one. And that would get expensive fast. I did however, order Swimsuit Lucifer.

Giolon

^Eh, I passed on Lucifer way back when simply because, given those pedestal bases, the completist in me would need to buy every last one. And that would get expensive fast. I did however, order Swimsuit Lucifer.

The great thing about them is you can display them without the bases. The platform on top of them detaches. :)

I'm already in for Asmodeus and Lucifer and definitely will be for Satan. Mammon was my favorite of the originally revealed designs but I have the same reservations as george_us. They didn't need to pump up her boobs as much as they did, but they've increased the size of pretty much all the girls all down the line compared to their original artwork. The "look at my butt!" pose w/ the straps for panties doesn't help either.

There's just no respectable way to display her, but the face, drill hair, big horns, and thigh highs are great aspects of the figure.

george_us

Are the Seven Deadly Sins figures 9 inches including the base or not including the base?

Paying over $100 for a figure under 9 inches is insanity to me and would make me feel better about myself for skipping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom