• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

About that Volks Bayonetta : she's gorgeous and I really like the pose, however 1/4 is too big and I don't really see the point of 2 Bayonetta figures. The figure size arms race has to stop somewhere, and for me it ends with Love is War (at least for now).

If it ever gets released however, I'll toss the image mom's way. Just in case.

Jayhawk

That Volks Bayonetta was released a couple of years ago. I contemplated buying the prepainted kit from Tokyo Hunter back then.

IIRC they'll send a request for payment 1-2 weeks before the figure is released.

Surprised so few people in Figure GAF uses Nippon-Yasan, then again most don't have to pay customs, so they're not much of an advantage for them XD

Edit: Also Platinum Games tweeted the other Bayonetta figure yesterday:

Bbpo8CmCUAAWnHf.jpg

BbnB1ouCYAAww1T.jpg:large

That pose has so much more attitude. I love it. Feels like a better representation of the character than the recent release but scale/price point is too high for me. Looks like it will be the definite bayonetta piece for a long while though

That pose has so much more attitude. I love it. Feels like a better representation of the character than the recent release but scale/price point is too high for me. Looks like it will be the definite bayonetta piece for a long while though

The Arcadia version has a very similar pose to this one. Let's hope it comes out.

chrono01

1/6 scale, with that chair/detail? She is priced very well [I mean, look at the recent Amane Suzuha, although that did have an articulated bike].

Instant pre-order!

Ryuuroden

I don't! Hahahahaha. Well, I will once I grab another detolf (which is proving difficult at the moment), or grab a bookcase to display more of them.

I am trying to limit my purchases to no more than a figure a month or 12 figures a year to try to make sure i don't run into that issue anytime soon. All figures I do get have to compete with the at last count, over 700 LEGO sets I own (many dismantled, I just display all the Star Wars ships and vehicles and many of the exclusive sets like Sopwith Camel and VW Bus, and Tower Bridge, etc). Many of those sets do include multiples of same set that i get for parts when i find them discounted.... My real insanity lies in my LEGO hobby.

Bombless

Love the B-wing. I almost bought the SSD but ultimately decided against it for display space reasons.

Then I started figures collecting. Now they occupy more space than the SSD would have.

LiK

I want this where do i get it

Only if you want unofficial prepainted completed ones. The official kits are unpainted and unassembled and rare and expensive.

I contemplated getting the Hobbyfan one but it was like close to $400 and I didn't like it that much.

Man, I ordered a pre-owned figure from AmiAmi yesterday, and I know I selected "combine with my monthly order", but their mobile site being the shitty piece of fucking shit that it is, it apparently kept it separate from my other stuff.

LiK

Man, I ordered a pre-owned figure from AmiAmi yesterday, and I know I selected "combine with my monthly order", but their mobile site being the shitty piece of fucking shit that it is, it apparently kept it separate from my other stuff.
yea, the new mobile site is shit. Hope they improve it.

gokieks

LEGO definitely competes with figures for my most expensive hobby. This year it's been skewed heavily towards figures by a huge margin (something like 3:1), mostly because of a few really expensive figures from Mandarake or AmiAmi pre-owned, but I've still spent nearly $700 on LEGO already this year, and was thisclose to finally buying the UCS SSD during the 3x VIP points sale. And with some sets going OOP, probably will buy some more before the end of the year.

Thought Guyver and Marth would have went up before Levi. Guess those AoT figmas must be doing reaaaaaaal well.

Look at the numbers on MFC... Mikasa is the #1 most ordered figure with 1,021, and Eren is in second with 792... And that's just amongst MFC users, so the actual totals are much higher, I imagine.

I'm scared to see how fast the scales from GSC and Koto sell out.

Noooooo kidding. I'm most likely going to order one or the other. I'd really like to see Koto's before GSC's goes up for pre-order. I'm rooting for Koto, because they've just been doing awesome lately. And they listen to their fans more than the other companies.

Look at the numbers on MFC... Mikasa is the #1 most ordered figure with 1,021, and Eren is in second with 792... And that's just amongst MFC users, so the actual totals are much higher, I imagine.
What's more is that those Figmas have already got a 2nd production run even when they haven't released yet. AoT popularity is insane.

WolfStark

Wow Giolon, a wonderful display, especially with the awesome movie poster above the B-Wing and Ayanami and Asuka are the perfect frame :D

Ryuuroden

Noooooo kidding. I'm most likely going to order one or the other. I'd really like to see Koto's before GSC's goes up for pre-order. I'm rooting for Koto, because they've just been doing awesome lately. And they listen to their fans more than the other companies.

Yeah, the koto one is what I am waiting to see. They getting their hooks in me wallet more and more often. Like that sakuya - mode seraphim is an instant pre-order for me.

What's more is that those Figmas have already got a 2nd production run even when they haven't released yet. AoT popularity is insane.

Very few figures get a re-release befoe the first one even comes out. Only other one that comes to mind is the new Madoka from GSC.

Yeah, the koto one is what I am waiting to see. They getting their hooks in me wallet more and more often. Like that sakuya - mode seraphim is an instant pre-order for me.

Shit, dude. She looks great, but I'm trying not to think about it. When does she go up for pre-order? Does she have a price yet?

kewlmyc

I though Koto was only doing a Levi and Eren and GSC was only doing a Mikasa, or am I wrong about that?

I do not know the answer to either of those questions. All I know is "take my money koto, take it now"

If Olivia is anything to go by, I think Sakuya is going to be a smidge pricier than we're expecting (or is she, since now we're expecting her to be more expensive than we expect?). She might be a bit cheaper than Olivia, but not by much. She has the wings and that massive weapon....thingy. At least her base is small. If there's one thing I hate, it's unnecessarily large bases.

Bombless

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edit : The Amiami website still lists her as December and I haven't received any confirmation of delay.
Edit 2 : On the other hand, Cyril has passed to Late January...Double NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom