• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyRiven

AHHH The Wolf Children figure is finally going up for pre-order!

rxwsi0x.jpg

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Congratulations, johnsmith and Anony! johnsmith, I'll PM you for shipping information. Bombless and Anony get a hold of each other for shipping details.

Congrats to johnsmith and Anony! And thanks for both you and Bombless for bringing the awesome.

Arkadios

Hey, you're an awesome dude.

Figure GAF, I'm going to Japan for two weeks: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nagoya. Anything I absolutely need to do/go/eat? Not necessarily figure related, but hey that's cool too.

Lastly, am sad about Tharja delay and looks like Dizzy isn't happening this month either. God damn it.

I'm jealous. Have fun! Not sure how tight your schedule is but I would recommend going to Akiba at least twice. One day just to know to the stores and look at stuff, planning carefully what you're going to buy and another to spend like a mofo. It is really easy to get lost and undecided on what to take with the huge variety of stuff. Yodobashi Camera, the Kotobukiya Store, Super Potato and Akiba Zone are must-visits.

Ryuuroden

10255733a.jpg

Clicked the preorder button as if my life depended on it.

That figure is really tempting. The show is good and It's an archer which would be good with my Dragons Crown Elf, Signum, Ultimate Madoka, And Sakuya Seraphim when that goes up for pre-order. What should I do....I pretty much know what all of you would say..... It's probably a bad idea I even stated my interest in here.....lol.

On another note, I just ordered my last needed Magical girl Lyrical Nanoha team member. Found the StrikerS Shin Sonic Form Fate T Harloewn figure on amiami. Getting her makes my Riot Force 6 team form roughly 1/3 of all my figures I currently own not including pre-orders.

That figure is really tempting. The show is good and It's an archer which would be good with my Dragons Crown Elf, Signum, Ultimate Madoka, And Sakuya Seraphim when that goes up for pre-order. What should I do....I pretty much know what all of you would say..... It's probably a bad idea I even stated my interest in here.....lol.

Choose your preferred answer:

A)Personally, I wouldn't. You're spending a fuckton already on Signum and Sakuya. That's sure to be $300 right there.

B) DOOOO IIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!1!1!!

Ryuuroden

Choose your preferred answer:

A)Personally, I wouldn't. You're spending a fuckton already on Signum and Sakuya. That's sure to be $300 right there.

I also have Dark Angel Olivia, Kato Marika, and Swamp Witch Metallica on pre-order and I just went and purchased 5 Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha figures plus Haruhi extravaganza and I have my LEGO hobby. I think I will wait on it for now and see what else is coming. There is nothing stopping me from getting it in the future. Signum is what got me to pick up the other Nanoha members because even used (Nanoha cost 140, Fate cost me 115) they will be cheaper than the figures that will likely be made when the StrikerS movie gets made, based on current price increases, movie being probably 2 years away, etc.

Hey, you're an awesome dude.

Figure GAF, I'm going to Japan for two weeks: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nagoya. Anything I absolutely need to do/go/eat? Not necessarily figure related, but hey that's cool too.

Lastly, am sad about Tharja delay and looks like Dizzy isn't happening this month either. God damn it.

Speaking for Nagoya (spent a year in college there on exchange), Osu Kannon and the general surrounding area are very much worth checking out, both for the temple and the shopping. Spent a LOT of time on the weekends down there, as well as Sakae (and therein, the Nagoya TV Tower). The Nagoya Port area is great too, especially the aquarium. Still to this day my favorite aquarium by far. And of course, there's also Nagoya Castle.

RMI

Banned
Speaking for Nagoya (spent a year in college there on exchange), Osu Kannon and the general surrounding area are very much worth checking out, both for the temple and the shopping. Spent a LOT of time on the weekends down there, as well as Sakae (and therein, the Nagoya TV Tower. The Nagoya Port area is great too, especially the aquarium. Still to this day my favorite aquarium by far. And of course, there's also Nagoya Castle.

Good to know! I love aquariums and have been to many in different countries, but this is my first time to Japan so will definitely check it out!

Ryuuroden

Oiy, my Kuroyukihime payment request came from amiami today. That's 7 figures paid for this month and final one of 2013. The real question is how soon my next pre-order will be ready. All 4 of my current pre-orders are complex that even if they are all currently scheduled for the first half of the year, I would not be surprised if they all got delayed to sometime in the 2nd half of the year..... Oh, by the way, Kuroyukihime was 4000 yen EMS.....only a dollar cheaper by SAL parcel. Wallet ravaged again by shipping. Nothing beats the 6500 yen shipping for Hayate Yagami....thing must be huuge.

Anony

i dont know how you're breaking up your schedule but i recommend 3 or 4 days in akiba alone because there's a lot of shops there to see on anime/electronics related stuff (and tons arcades too)
there's also an anime/electronics district in osaka too (they have much better game prize/arcades there)
osaka/kyoto is good for temples/shrines, the old palace is in kyoto, might want to check that out
the big famous aquarium is in osaka, so you should check that out if you like that stuff (i think it was like 4000 yen admission or something)
there are many parks in tokyo, just go to whichever is closest to where you're staying: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3034.html
as for food, just be adventurous and go to any local/small ramen shop, you can't go wrong

Bombless

Ended up grabbing Futayo Honda as well since she was already in stock and she will arrive with my december order.
9QmiuTn.jpg

While looking for Horizon figures I found out about this absolutely friggin amazing Alter Kazuno...Will definitely need to watch her release, see if it gets back in stock.
Y77srlD.jpg

I love the fact each and every figure has a giant feature.

I'm talking about the weapons, you pervs.

Good to know! I love aquariums and have been to many in different countries, but this is my first time to Japan so will definitely check it out!

Nagoya isn't really a touristy city, but like the aquarium there is still a lot worth seeing there. It's also relatively easy to navigate transportation wise (certainly relative to Tokyo).

I'm talking about the weapons, you pervs.

I was actually going in a different direction. I thought you meant the price.

Honestly, though, holy fuck did I not care for Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon. I watched the first 8 or so episodes. Didn't do anything for me. Maybe it was a bad reaction to those skin-tight costumes. I may have tried to watch it too soon after the horrendously mediocre Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse.

Ended up grabbing Futayo Honda as well since she was already in stock and she will arrive with my december order.
http://i.imgur.com/9QmiuTn.jpg[/IG]

While looking for Horizon figures I found out about this absolutely friggin amazing Alter Kazuno...Will definitely need to watch her release, see if it gets back in stock.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Y77srlD.jpg[/IG]

I'm talking about the weapons, you pervs.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx9aee8JqH1r3rkxfo4_250.gif
Slicing Dragonfly!

Too bad theres probably no chance Noriki will get a figure :(

chrono01

Yeah, I'm really happy Junko is being released on-time [I would hate to see another delay for December]. I'm really interested in seeing how she turns out.

Of course, I won't be receiving mine until the end of the month, since she's in a combined order. But at least I won't have long to wait!

Yeah, I'm really happy Junko is being released on-time [I would hate to see another delay for December]. I'm really interested in seeing how she turns out.

Of course, I won't be receiving mine until the end of the month, since she's in a combined order. But at least I won't have long to wait!

Same here, with it being a new company and all. It's also no secret around here that I love Reflect. Hype!

most of her early art has her wearing normal clothes like a t-shirt and jeans. i'm not sure when they decided to put her into fetish stuff.

There's an artbook of her that UDON just put out in English of her in all kinds of costumes, from the yellow Kill Bill outfit, to Cammy's SF costume. XD

chrono01

Dear lord, I need this GK to be made into a PVC. I've never really been a Sonico fan, but this is great. They even got the blush in the cheeks just right.
If there is any justice in this world, this will be released as a PVC. I need it.

Also, if you want a "basic" Super Sonico, there's always Gift's upcoming Tiger Parka Ver.

[If they ever get around to releasing it.]

By the way, someone on MFC got a reply from AmiAmi regarding the release of Tharja, and according to them she's still scheduled for a late December release.

The plot thickens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom