• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edit : The Amiami website still lists her as December and I haven't received any confirmation of delay.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but going by comments on Tharja's MFC page, the info came from AmiAmi support. The site will probably be updated soon.

chrono01

Man, I'm fucking teetering back and forth on her. I can't decide if I want to snatch this one or wait for the Arcadia version.....someday.
Purchase now, non-regret later. You know this to be true.

As for the Tharja delay, it doesn't surprise me in the least, if she were to be released this month, we would have had confirmation [or, at least, pictures of her box]. :/

This, along with the other delays, helps the cost of this month tremendously, though.

Jayhawk

I am in a giving mood since it is Christmas time. Quote this post and link a 4000 JPY or less item on Amiami that is in stock. I will randomly pick from the first ten entries, and then PM the winner to get a shipping address.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I am in a giving mood since it is Christmas time. Quote this post and link a 4000 JPY or less item on Amiami that is in stock. I will randomly pick from the first ten entries, and then PM the winner to get a shipping address.

Quoty quote quote?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-5655

I'm still debating whether or not to pre-order the DC Elf. Grrr...

EDIT: Whoops, didn't read properly. Went for a Yukiko figma. I'm in the middle of P4G, so it'd be cool. Super generous and nice of you either way.

Bombless

I'll join you on this. Pick 2 and PM me one.

Jayhawk

One more entry and then I'll enter the 10 user names into random.org's list randomizer. Top two names win from Bombless and I!

Jayhawk

There were 10 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

johnsmith
Anony
Ragingnight
Freezasaurus
DJ_Lae
kewlmyc
GuardianE
dakkumauji
joe2187
chrono01

Congratulations, johnsmith and Anony! johnsmith, I'll PM you for shipping information. Bombless and Anony get a hold of each other for shipping details.

johnsmith

remember me
y4zRM0p.png

Thanks so much! You guys are the best.

chrono01

Congratulations, johnsmith and Anony! johnsmith, I'll PM you for shipping information. Bombless and Anony get a hold of each other for shipping details.
It goes from the bottom and works its way up, right? Woo! \(^_^)/

...No, in all seriousness, congratulations to the winners, as well as yourself and Bombless. That's a very generous offer, and a nice thing to see among collectors.

DJ_Lae

Damn, pricing out stuff to Canada is just depressing. I was eyeing Jaina Solo - she's $48 on Amazon.com at the moment with free shipping, though does not ship to Canada.

She's also available on Amazon.ca, fulfilled and with prime, but is $105. That's basically what I'd pay ordering from one of the Japanese sites, including shipping and the inevitable duty and handling (maybe a little more with the convenience of two day shipping).

Kind of annoying. I know that if Amazon.com did ship here I'd be looking at no more than $15 extra for shipping and duty.

Any good places for shipping to Canada?

Jayhawk

Damn, pricing out stuff to Canada is just depressing. I was eyeing Jaina Solo - she's $48 on Amazon.com at the moment with free shipping, though does not ship to Canada.

She's also available on Amazon.ca, fulfilled and with prime, but is $105. That's basically what I'd pay ordering from one of the Japanese sites, including shipping and the inevitable duty and handling (maybe a little more with the convenience of two day shipping).

Kind of annoying. I know that if Amazon.com did ship here I'd be looking at no more than $15 extra for shipping and duty.

Any good places for shipping to Canada?

Shipping costs less than $20 for figures around that size for me with SAL Registered. I'm in Canada. Which city do you live in? There are some figure shops in Toronto that might have the bishoujo you want for a decent price.

DJ_Lae

Shipping costs less than $20 for figures around that size for me with SAL Registered. I'm in Canada. Which city do you live in? There are some figure shops in Toronto that might have the bishoujo you want for a decent price.

Edmonton.

I know there's a shop in West Edmonton Mall but I haven't had the heart to step in there. I can only imagine what the prices are like.

chrono01

It's nice to see fellow Edmonton collectors! d(^_^)v

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question, as I purchase all of my figures from Japanese-based sites.

Anony

like which stores? they're all over priced imo, especially if you're going to get multiple items
if you get one item, the item+shipping is around the same as the store, after that, you save on shipping if you buy online

chrono01

Hey, remember when people threw around the word "Japanophile"?

That's you. ;)
Well there's nowhere within Canada that offers well-priced figures and to buy from third-parties outside of Japan it's difficult to tell whether they're authentic or not. :/

At least if I buy mine from AmiAmi, Hobby Search, etc. they're guaranteed to be legit, and they allow me to consolidate my many items into a single monthly shipment [and earn points for doing so].

I see little reason to take my business elsewhere. Kotobukiya's US shop won't even ship to Canada, as far as I know. ~_~

RMI

Banned

Hey, you're an awesome dude.

Figure GAF, I'm going to Japan for two weeks: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nagoya. Anything I absolutely need to do/go/eat? Not necessarily figure related, but hey that's cool too.

Lastly, am sad about Tharja delay and looks like Dizzy isn't happening this month either. God damn it.

Hey, you're an awesome dude.

Figure GAF, I'm going to Japan for two weeks: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nagoya. Anything I absolutely need to do/go/eat? Not necessarily figure related, but hey that's cool too.

Lastly, am sad about Tharja delay and looks like Dizzy isn't happening this month either. God damn it.

GUNDAMMUUU!!!

http://www.divercity-tokyo.com/en/

Akihabara

http://www.e-akihabara.jp/en/

I think there are a couple of famous stores there that deal with figures but I can't remember their names right now.

Don't know if they are in season but Japanese strawberries are out of this world.

Well there's nowhere within Canada that offers well-priced figures and to buy from third-parties outside of Japan it's difficult to tell whether they're authentic or not. :/

Speaking of which, do Koto's bishoujos ever get bootlegged? I never see the counterfeit label on any of their MFC istings like I do for pretty much everything else.

Jayhawk

Speaking of which, do Koto's bishoujos ever get bootlegged? I never see the counterfeit label on any of their MFC istings like I do for pretty much everything else.

I don't think I've ever seen bishoujo bootlegs. That's why I find it less risky to buy from non-standard shops.

Jayhawk

like which stores? they're all over priced imo, especially if you're going to get multiple items
if you get one item, the item+shipping is around the same as the store, after that, you save on shipping if you buy online

Planet X sells some bishoujo for like $60ish, which is sometimes cheaper than buying online with shipping.

I've gone to their store a few times to look for comics and western figures and statues.

chrono01

As Jayhawk mentioned, I haven't personally seen any of the Bishoujo's being bootlegged, but then I don't collect them personally. If they are, it's a very rare occurrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom