• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, this Athena figure is pretty cute. I don't buy swimsuit figures (even though that's her normal outfit) but this looks good.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-003944
II533ex.png

While she's in a swimsuit, she's technically not a swimsuit figure. That's her legit outfit in "Athena" (Arcade/NES). She's cute, I might pick it up. :)

chrono01

Yes! Come on, Chrono... One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!
I've been looking at more of her pictures, and it's shifted from a "maybe" to a "definite pre-order".

She's just...too perfect to let go, and knowing Alter her final release will look just as amazing as the prototype. The fact that she's 1/6 scale only makes me want her more.

I'm worried bout the cost, but she will be mine regardless.

She's just...too perfect to let go, and knowing Alter her final release will look just as amazing as the prototype. The fact that she's 1/6 scale only makes me want her more.

I'm worried bout the cost, but she will be mine regardless.

If it comes down to it, just cancel some other shit. 1/6, those are big boy toys.

I was looking for the Revi/Alvis 2-pack that Alter put out, but only one place I checked had it, and they wanted $130. That's too much for 1/8 anything when it's only 5" tall. So I gotta get this to fill the Range Murata void in my collection.

chrono01

If it comes down to it, just cancel some other shit. 1/6, those are big boy toys.

I was looking for the Revi/Alvis 2-pack that Alter put out, but only one place I checked had it, and they wanted $130. That's too much for 1/8 anything when it's only 5" tall. So I gotta get this to fill the Range Murata void in my collection.
I missed out on the Last Exile figure from Alter, as well. They look really nice.

I really do love Range Murata's artwork, and Alter captures it perfectly [both here and the prior Last Exile figure]. As for the canceling of figures, I'm hoping it won't come to that, but it depends entirely on both the price and the month of release she's scheduled for. I will definitely have her, though. It sacrifices need to be made, so be it!

Well, if she goes up for pre-order tomorrow night, she'll probably be a June or July release. So we put together the following equation:

July x Alter = November

tuffy

Same here. I still have my Last Exile DVDs. I was psyched about the Last Exile Blu-Ray release until IT GOT CANCELLED!
That may be for the best. Gankutsuo's another Gonzo show from the dark ages of digital animation that turned out worse on Blu-Ray; the upscale smeared away a lot of detail into a sad mess.
I haven't caved on Fam yet. The reviews I've heard were too mixed, and I dunno whether its worth investing in.
It's nice to see Range Murata's character designs, but the show's a bit bland. It might be worth a rental or buying on sale.

Ryuuroden

Amazon had both parts for $25 each, so I went for it. The animation looks gorgeous. We'll see how I like the plot.

The first half is soooooooo bad imo, it's tragic. I actually gave up on the show on my first watch. I am so glad I went back and finished it because the airship battles in the 2nd half were on an epic scale you rarely see in anime. To me, the battles were as glorious as the massive fleet battles in legend of the galactic heroes. I am a huge fan of anything military so it made up for the really shitty MC. (I wanted to stab Fam repeatedly like every single episode)

The first half is soooooooo bad imo, it's tragic. I actually gave up on the show on my first watch. I am so glad I went back and finished it because the airship battles in the 2nd half were on an epic scale you rarely see in anime. To me, the battles were as glorious as the massive fleet battles in legend of the galactic heroes. I am a huge fan of anything military so it made up for the really shitty MC. (I wanted to stab Fam repeatedly like every single episode)

I tend to like anime series with some measure of technology and military themes. Arpeggio of Blue Steel for example, I'm totally in love with.

Ryuuroden

I tend to like anime series with some measure of technology and military themes. Arpeggio of Blue Steel for example, I'm totally in love with.

I love arpeggio and the show Iove the most is Girls und panzer. That show was the most under the radar show for me since I started watching anime more than a decade ago. All the american war movie jokes and ww2 tank humor you would think an american created it. I went into it thinking it would be another one of those dumb fanservice animes with military theme and it wasn't that at all. It actually ended up being a top 5 anime for that year and 2012 was an amazing year for anime.

I love arpeggio and the show Iove the most is Girls und panzer. That show was the most under the radar show for me since I started watching anime more than a decade ago. All the american war movie jokes and ww2 tank humor you would think an american created it. I went into it thinking it would be another one of those dumb fanservice animes with military theme and it wasn't that at all. It actually ended up being a top 5 anime for that year and 2012 was an amazing year for anime.

Girls und Panzer was actually the very first show I watched back when I started subscribing to crunchyroll. I'll probably end up buying it on blu-ray after the holidays. It was a really fun show.

Speaking of Arpeggio, hopefully they'll get some good figures out soon. All they have slated for now are Iona and Takao beach queens. But hopefully we'll get some good stuff from GSC or Max Factory.

Bombless

Girls und Panzer was actually the very first show I watched back when I started subscribing to crunchyroll. I'll probably end up buying it on blu-ray after the holidays. It was a really fun show.

Speaking of Arpeggio, hopefully they'll get some good figures out soon. All they have slated for now are Iona and Takao beach queens. But hopefully we'll get some good stuff from GSC or Max Factory.

After Love is War DX I find myself hoping for versions featuring a part of their ship (like deck portions or control room portions)....Yeah, that'll never happen.
Well, I HOPE not, because otherwise I'll drive myself into bankrupcy something NASTY.

Edit : Today's episode was awesome. Really, apart maybe from the episodes at the mansion, every single one was good. I really hope it goes into a 2nd season.

After Love is War DX I find myself hoping for versions featuring a part of their ship (like deck portions or control room portions)....Yeah, that'll never happen.
Well, I HOPE not, because otherwise I'll drive myself into bankrupcy something NASTY.

I don't need anything so grandiose. I just want decent figures of the girls. Even 400 and 402.

Bombless

I forgot today's mom update!

She was going through Hobby Search's listings and she found the Armoured Saori Saint Cloth. She skyped me to say that her finger itched over the buy button but I shot her down when I pointed out that she was sold out. She was already planning a Saint Seya group and everything.

Then I found her at NY for 105€. I haven't told her yet, but I expect her to jump on it. And if she doesn't, I probably will if December gets more cancellations.

Ryuuroden

After 9 months of debate with myself I finally did it. I am going to have a complete set of all the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Main cast of gals.

I already have the new Signum on pre-order. I ordered pre-owned copies of Unison Vita, Shamal, Hayate Yagami, and Exceed Mode Nanoha, all from StrikerS and all made by Alter (the 1/7 scale figures in battle dress). I did have links to each one but when I was switching between pages I closed my post when I was proofreading it and I don't feel like doing it all over again. Now all I need to find is a decent copy of Fate in her battle gear from StrikerS (the Alter version).

And for good measure I picked up my first Max Factory, I got their Haruhi Suzumiya Extravaganza figure. I love her cute dress, earrings and guitar. So lots of Yen was spent today.

This, of course, means no Magi pre-orders for me. Currently, the only items I have in pre-order status now are;

-Alters (super redonculously expensive) Signum
-Amakuni's Kato Marika
-Megahouse Dragons Crown; Elf
-Phat Company's Swamp Witch Metallica

The 2 old figures besides Fate that I am still on the lookout for (on my must have someday list)

-Momohime (Alter)
- Mysterious Bounty Hunter Yoko Littner (Alter)

Bombless

After 9 months of debate with myself I finally did it. I am going to have a complete set of all the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Main cast.

9 months? Don't worry, hang around us long enough and we'll get the debate time down to minutes!

I approve on Momo and Yoko. I'm at work atm but I'll have to check the figures you're talking about.

Ryuuroden

OMG OMG OMG!

Sculpt of Mikasa [scaled figure] from GSC!

iXItnURKzOgix.jpg

I need this in my life. Now.

It could be the one, I WILL be getting a Mikasa regardless, its just a matter of which one of the many that will be released will be that one.

I don't like to double dip and, the times I have gotten multiple versions of same character I regret it.

Not impressed with that sculpt either. This coming from somebody who's preordered the Mikasa figma and RAH.

How is that not an impressive sculpt? I definitely would like to see how she'll be supported, but I think it's a great pose that accurately reflects the essence of the character. You guys are just a bunch of humbugs. Chrono appreciates the beauty of Mikasa.

Ryuuroden

How is that not an impressive sculpt? I definitely would like to see how she'll be supported, but I think it's a great pose that accurately reflects the essence of the character. You guys are just a bunch of humbugs. Chrono appreciates the beauty of Mikasa.

For me, the issue is the way the hair is sculpted. I am withholding judgment until it is painted and finished but the way it looks now, her hair sorta looks Saiyan like shes a relative of Goku. It is puffing up too much when I think it should be twisting around her head instead.

For me, the issue is the way the hair is sculpted. I am withholding judgment until it is painted and finished but the way it looks now, her hair sorta looks Saiyan like shes a relative of Goku. It is puffing up too much when I think it should be twisting around her head instead.

Yes and no. If they want to sculpt the hair realistically in that pose, it would be covering half her face. But it's a much more interesting pose than the generic standing poses most figures end up with. Therefore, I'm willing to provide suspension of disbelief in this case. Ya'll are too nitpicky sometimes.

chrono01

Wow, I'm kind of surprised at the negativity surrounding Mikasa's sculpt, but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Personally, this is what I always envisioned my preferred Mikasa sculpt to be. She's already a powerful character, so it definitely needed to be one where she was in the middle of battle, with her blades drawn. The reason her hair looks like it does is because this pose was captured while she was mid-battle, so her hair would naturally be misplaced/dis-shoveled.

Maybe people will feel differently when she's painted, but she's already a guaranteed pre-order for me [assuming she doesn't sell out within five minutes, and even then I will be there on AmiAmi, hitting my F5 key as humanly possible].

Giolon

Wow, I'm kind of surprised at the negativity surrounding Mikasa's sculpt, but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Personally, this is what I always envisioned my preferred Mikasa sculpt to be. She's already a powerful character, so it definitely needed to be one where she was in the middle of battle, with her blades drawn. The reason her hair looks like it does is because this pose was captured while she was mid-battle, so her hair would naturally be misplaced/dis-shoveled.

Maybe people will feel differently when she's painted, but she's already a guaranteed pre-order for me [assuming she doesn't sell out within five minutes, and even then I will be there on AmiAmi, hitting my F5 key as humanly possible].

I have no qualms with the pose. I get the idea that they were going for, and it looks quite dynamic. My issues are with the odd, spindly proportions only.

chrono01

Don't worry about it, Chrono, I'm with you. Guaranteed sell-out here.
I am glad to have you by my side in the upcoming F5 War.

I shall ready my keyboard.

I have no qualms with the pose. I get the idea that they were going for, and it looks quite dynamic. My issues are with the odd, spindly proportions only.
Fair enough. Everyone perceives things differently, so what might bother some might not necessarily bother others. You have explained your reasons, I shall accept them!

I'm just thankful that I have no problem with it. I can pre-order without regret/doubt. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom