• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why she's so expensive in the first place. She's like $160.

MegaHouse = Twats. That's why.

I think they've just gotten very arrogant with their pricing based on the fact that their One Piece and Queen's Blade figures tend to come out well. Labby would have been more pricy than usual anyway because she's exclusive, but holy shit, $160? That's pushing it, mang.

BTW, I'm definitely pre-ordering Moka, although I think I'll wait for AmiAmi.

She's cheaper at BIJ, but I can combine her with other items via AmiAmi [that are releasing in the same month], and can save a bit on shipping that way [as well as avoid having two separate items be shipped].

She looks great, though.

Why is she not on sale on AmiAmi yet? BiJ already started taking orders. I may go with AmiAmi as well, because I don't want to have figures ordered from different retailers in the same month.

chrono01

Why is she not on sale on AmiAmi yet? BiJ already started taking orders. I may go with AmiAmi as well, because I don't want to have figures ordered from different retailers in the same month.
Her official pre-order date was always the 24th, it seems that BIJ decided to make pre-orders available earlier. They tend to do that on some release, including exclusives on occasion.

chrono01

She comes out right before my Birthday. I simply have to buy her.
What a nice birthday gift to yourself.

Also, we all need to buy her, everyone in this thread. Simply on the account of how amazing she looks and so that we can [hopefully] get more Soul Eater figures from them.

chrono01

I know this is their first posed figure like this, but otherwise, how is Medicom for quality?
I've heard very good things about their RAH line. I haven't purchased any of them personally, but from the reviews/opinions I've seen the quality is great.

I'm sure extra love/care will go into Moka, since this is the first of a new line so they'll likely want to put out the best product possible.

I'm sure extra love/care will go into Moka, since this is the first of a new line so they'll likely want to put out the best product possible.

It makes sense. The price is pretty decent, too. After discounts anyway.

And I know our dear pal Chrono doesn't collect bishoujos, but for those of us that do - According to MFC, Starfire bishoujo has an August release date. Hooray!

Selvaria

I've been following this thread for a while now but never posted until now. I'm running out of room & will be selling a few items. I figured some people here may be interested in what I have so here's what I offer:

Xecty_zps8a7a868f.jpg

Kasumi_zpsbb7b4f39.jpg

Sakura_zpsde949331.jpg

Elizabeth_Motoko_zps64f6e27a.jpg

Elizabeth - $80 SOLD
Kasumi - $50 SOLD
Motoko Kusanagi - $50 SOLD
Xecty - $50
Sakura - $50

I ship to Canada and the US. PM me to discuss shipping and whatnot.

Whoa, somebody better jump on that Matoko Motoko (there, happy Bombless?). I already have her, but she's pretty gorgeous. And easily the best Motoko figure EVERS.

Just to check Selvaria, do you know Elizabeth's market value and still only want $80 for her? Assuming it's the Alter one I think it is, that's very generous to say the least.

Just to check Selvaria, do you know Elizabeth's market value and still only want $80 for her? Assuming it's the Alter one I think it is, that's very generous to say the least.

Motoko is worth a pretty penny, too. I usually see her going for $250 or more sealed. Being opened, she'll probably still move super-fast at around $100.

It's funny, no matter how many times I've seen GITS I always fumble her name. Makoto, Matoko, Mokoto etc etc.

FFFUUUUUU. I do that all the time. And I know I do it, too.

Selvaria

Yeah I've seen Amiami sell her used for like 42,000 yen.
I don't mind selling her for $80. I really need to make room for upcoming stuff.

RMI

Banned
Hmm... you sure? I didn't receive anything.
Weird, I just tried again and didn't seem to work. I'm on my phone and traveling. Was curious about motoko and kasumi, maybe you can try to PM the details to me. Shipping would be to NY state.

*edit kk I think my message went through this time.

kewlmyc

I've been following this thread for a while now but never posted until now. I'm running out of room & will be selling a few items. I figured some people here may be interested in what I have so here's what I offer:

Elizabeth - $80. SOLD
Kasumi - $50
Motoko Kusanagi - $50
Xecty - $50
Sakura - $50

I ship to Canada and the US. PM me to discuss shipping and whatnot.

I'm pissed that I missed the Elizabeth for that cheap. I guess I won't take naps in the afternoon anymore.

I'll take that Motoko off you hands though.

kewlmyc

A fine choice. I have her, she's great. Though the holes in her feet were initially too small for the pegs on the base to fit into, so I had to use ye olde hot water trick. Worked like a charm, though.

2 people are in line before me so I probably won't get her. Woe is me. :(

She looks fantastic though. Never knew she existed until now. Soo expensive though (regularly).

For the hot water trick, do you have to soak the figure's feet in the water or pour it into the holes?

She looks fantastic though. Never knew she existed until now. Soo expensive though (regularly).

I bought her way back when she came out, so I paid about $55 for her brand new.

For the hot water trick, do you have to soak the figure's feet in the water or pour it into the holes?

I Just dunked the foot in a Dixie cup of hot water for about 30 seconds. Using a hair dryer is also an option. I did that for Koto's Jaina Solo.

Wow, you've been into this hobby for a while now. Was it harder to get a hold of figures back then or was places like AmiAmi Eng around back then?

Not as long as you'd think. I bought a few figures back around the time this Motoko came out. MegaHouse Clare from Claymore, as well as a few of MH's Bleach and Eureka 7 figures. Also got a nice 1/6 figure of Rachel from Ninja Gaiden. Then I stopped for the most part. Didn't start again until early this year.

But from what I recall, it wasn't difficult to get figures back then.

LiK

I've heard very good things about their RAH line. I haven't purchased any of them personally, but from the reviews/opinions I've seen the quality is great.

RAH is hit or miss. When it comes to movie stuff, Hot Toys destroys them. But they do have some good anime stuff. The problem with Medicom is their stuff is expensive for what you get these days.

johnsmith

remember me
I broke down and preordered the Dragon's Crown elf. Megahouse better not fuck this up.

I'm probably the only guy that collects these, but amiami has some of the Dragon Quest soft vinyl monsters on sale.

Killer Panther ¥520
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-5650

Soldier Bull ¥620
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-4248

Watabou ¥370
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-4246

Murdaw ¥1,000
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-1857

Giolon

God damn. I went out today and missed a chance at two of my long time most wanted figures at reasonable prices (Motoko and Elizabeth). Congrats to you guys that got them though.

chrono01

So looking at Japanese reviews of Junko, apparently they're relatively pleased with her but feel that the price is a bit high for what it is and that her hair color is a dark shade of brown when it really should be a light/golden color. :/

I'm still excited to receive her for myself, but looking at the pictures, her hair definitely seems too dark. it's a shame, too, as everything else looks to be true to the character.

Ryuuroden

Thanks

I want a Figma of Rudy with an alternate arrow catching hand.
But seriously this is one of the few shows I would buy a figure of almost every single character(even Maryele and Henrietta).

I don't know. I love the show to death but the characters just don't have the detail or animation style that would translate into a must have figure form for me. I guess for figmas, which is what you want, they would translate pretty darn well. Good thing I don't do figmas.

I don't know. I love the show to death but the characters just don't have the detail or animation style that would translate into a must have figure form for me. I guess for figmas, which is what you want, they would translate pretty darn well. Good thing I don't do figmas.
Thats one of the things I like about Figma/Figuarts etc is that you can gets some weirder selections that aren't that great for statue types or just aren't really worth it.
Also when you can get almost the entire cast(Fate,Monogatari) it just makes them better vs a few amazing statue or bigger figure types for me.

Really though as long as we get anything of at least Shiroe & Akatsuki I will be happy.

Sushigod7

Anyone looking for a Kongiku, never opened? I'm selling for $105 shipped, I need to make some room this is the first casualty. I figured I've give you guys a crack at it before it goes on ebay and the FS thread.

edit: Changed price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom