• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got payment requests for Junko and Christmas Melty, and ordered Wolf Children from BiJ. That 22% discount (still 9,985 though lol).

Daisy looks nice. I ended up not pulling the trigger on her, but it bodes well for Koto's quality going forward. Tharja delay was too expected for me to be surprised. I don't know why they didn't announce it alongside Momo.

Also, if you want a "basic" Super Sonico, there's always Gift's upcoming Tiger Parka Ver.

Chrono, can you link me to a pre-order link or an mfc page or something for that Parka Sonico? I'm having a real bitch of a time finding it while on my phone. Fuck mobile sites always and forever.

johnsmith

remember me
Got a payment request for Junko but biginjapan doesn't let you change the shipping type like amiami. I emailed them to change it to EMS. Don't wanna wait a month for sal.

kewlmyc

I'm glad I won't be paying for my Amiami order for a while. One of my items doesn't get in till 12/26 and AmiAmi is off for the entire last week of December.

It's odd that QuesQ's Elizabeth was released today, but I haven't heard anything from BiJ yet.

Got a payment request for Junko but biginjapan doesn't let you change the shipping type like amiami. I emailed them to change it to EMS. Don't wanna wait a month for sal.

Wow, when was the last time you were so impatient to get your hands on something? I thought you were Mr. SAL-unregistered all day every day. ;)

Ah, she's pretty cute. I take it this is another one that's currently residing in oblivion with no sign of a release date or pre-order info?

Also, I know I bring it up from time to time (but not often enough)... Even though this is a dude, I would totally buy this figure:

166923.jpg

...because Max Factory.

chrono01

Ah, she's pretty cute. I take it this is another one that's currently residing in oblivion with no sign of a release date or pre-order info?

Also, I know I bring it up from time to time (but not often enough)... Even though this is a dude, I would totally buy this figure:

...because Max Factory.
Yeah, it seems that way. Pre-orders were supposed to open up a while back for a 2013 release, but that obviously won't be happening now. :/

I hope it's soon, since I've always wanted a standard Super Sonico figure in her traditional Tiger Parka.

Also, nothing wrong with liking that figure. Look at those leg--

Wait, that's supposed to be a male!?

iPkDvcoKGyDLw.gif

kewlmyc

EMS is amazing. I payed for my items from AmiAmi on Wednesday and got them today. I wonder is it because of the holiday season.

BiJ mentions on the page that SAL is unavailable. If she's EMS-only, that's going to tack a good bit onto the price, which is why she's listed so cheap.
I normally do EMS anyway, so I don't mind. I don't want to order different items from different stores all in the same month. It would seem to be more expensive that way, or I might be wrong. I haven't been buying figs as long as the rest of you.

EMS is amazing. I payed for my items from AmiAmi on Wednesday and got them today. I wonder is it because of the holiday season.

Ha ha. Were you an EMS virgin? Example of EMS: I live in New York. If I use SAL, my package lands at LAX or something and travels by ground from there. If I pay for EMS, they'll fly it directly Into JFK, and then the rest of the way by ground.

I normally do EMS anyway, so I don't mind. I don't want to order different items from different stores all in the same month. It would seem to be more expensive that way, or I might be wrong. I haven't been buying figs as long as the rest of you.

I don't know what else is coming out in July besides (maybe) Amazon, who I may or may not buy. I have little faith in MegaHouse unfortunately. But I gotta have dat Maka.

kewlmyc

Ha ha. Were you an EMS virgin? Example of EMS: I live in New York. If I use SAL, my package lands at LAX or something and travels by ground from there. If I pay for EMS, they'll fly it directly Into JFK, and then the rest of the way by ground.

I used EMS about 3 times now, but it usually takes 3-5 days. I've never had it take 2 days though, holy crap.

I don't know what else is coming out in July besides (maybe) Amazon, who I may or may not buy. I have little faith in MegaHouse unfortunately. But I gotta have dat Maka.

True. I doubt anything else I want will come out in July, but you never know. There's like 7 figures I want that have no date so I'm super cautious.

bleh i might actually complete a whole collection. Order one of the last strike witches. Only eyepatch one left is unordered (probably will stay that way). I'm getting the 1.5 version of the main character.

Haikyuu!! figures finally...hopefully they are done in a better line though as I always thought all the figures in this one look pretty not good. In Any event, more of my volleyball players please.

And an Aomine figure and painted Kagami finally, Need Kise though. (paid off Kurko last week)
Kagami should be up for preorder soon. I love Aomine's pose, I know when Akashi is jnveiled he will look devilishly awesome.

I will get some Haikyuu figures. Isn't Banpresto like the Japanese equivalent of Mattel? Bottom of the barrel quality.

StayDead

EMS is awful for me in the UK since Parcelforce handle it and their handling fee is completely insane. It's like £15 before the VAT you have to pay and the time it takes them to deliverthe slip saying you have to pay takes longer than it takes a damn SAL parcel to get here.

chrono01

BTW, I'm definitely pre-ordering Moka, although I think I'll wait for AmiAmi.

She's cheaper at BIJ, but I can combine her with other items via AmiAmi [that are releasing in the same month], and can save a bit on shipping that way [as well as avoid having two separate items be shipped].

She looks great, though.

Ryuuroden

Hehe, I paid for my items on Wednesday as well and I received them yesterday. Didn't pick them up till today. The box size was insane, over 4 feet long and 2 feet deep in the other 2 directions, and I had 2 boxes. Explains the 160 dollars in shipping....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom