• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

new here...

Anyways, I just pre-ordered my Tharja, and as tempting as that Shimakaze is...should I just wait for this since I prefer figures without joints or get both?

If you're going to get just Shimakaze, wait for scaled figures. If you want to have the whole KanColle line, go for the figmas. The display potential explodes with figmas, not to mention the boat girls will come with tons of accessories.

That's my way of seeing it anyway.

Edit : Once the early year orders go through I'll set on gathering another collection, the entire Monogatari cast figmas. Not all have great accessories but they're all out already and they will look freaking amazing together. I really, really need to start looking into getting figma sized props.

Josephl64

If you're going to get just Shimakaze, wait for scaled figures. If you want to have the whole KanColle line, go for the figmas. The display potential explodes with figmas, not to mention the boat girls will come with tons of accessories.

Edit : Once the early year orders go through I'll set on gathering another collection, the entire Monogatari cast figmas. Not all have great accessories but they're all out already and they will look freaking amazing together. I really, really need to start looking into getting figma sized props.

Figma collection incoming!

yeah I'm a complete newbie this is my profile:

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Josephl64

also the Tekken one, Yui, and the Eila figure was just given to me so I kind of want to sell those too...

going to try and get the entire Strike Witches 2 Alter later...I just love my Erica

Anony

i never really liked the figma line up cuz the joints always bothered me, but this gets masked really well
FIGURE-004114.jpg

TAKE ALL MY MONEY

edit:
btn_soldout.gif

fuck me

Josephl64

and to think there's still no Kaga figure announced :'(
(yes i play the game)

Asuka [Senran Kagura] up at AmiAmi:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-004096&page=top

So tempted...but I might hold off for a bit. I really have been wanting a nice Asuka figure, and this will likely be the best I'll ever get [and done by Alter, no less].

Another May figure? Jeez.

So I'm excited about Kotobukiya's Senjougahara that comes out this month. Apparently she comes with a short-hair option as well! Yes! That's her current look in the anime series, so it's perfect.

Josephl64

Asuka [Senran Kagura] up at AmiAmi:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-004096&page=top

So tempted...but I might hold off for a bit. I really have been wanting a nice Asuka figure, and this will likely be the best I'll ever get [and done by Alter, no less].

Yeah, I'll probably pre-order within the hour. That self-restraint! -_-

thanks, now I'll just hold off on everything else to stay within my budget...or at least try to

Josephl64

I thought about buying that Uesugi figma before,
though mainly because she would probably look awesome next to Saber.

I love the Rance games so I want to try and buy them all...except for that ugly Yukihime, and she was so beautiful in the game :'(

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/141162

chrono01

So I'm excited about Kotobukiya's Senjougahara that comes out this month. Apparently she comes with a short-hair option as well! Yes! That's her current look in the anime series, so it's perfect.
This is Alter. We'll be lucky if we see Asuka at all in 2014, let alone May.

Also, Asuka pre-ordered. Well I didn't resist for long. ~_~

thanks, now I'll just hold off on everything else to stay within my budget...or at least try to
Haha, I know that feeling.

I wish us both luck.

You are not easy to convince, friend.

However, I respect your decision.

Ugh, what I need to do is decide what April/May figures are getting the axe. I just have way too many, and I don't wanna cancel too close to release. I really do want to get the Alphamax Alicia (God Eater), Koto's Shinobu, and whatever god-forsaken bishoujos are coming out in those months... definitely need the Mara Jade bishoujo. I'm thinking of getting rid of GSC Madoka, Dragon Nest Sorceress, Swimsuit Lucifer, and Morgiana.

chrono01

Ugh, what I need to do is decide what April/May figures are getting the axe. I just have way too many, and I don't wanna cancel too close to release. I really do want to get the Alphamax Alicia (God Eater), Koto's Shinobu, and whatever god-forsaken bishoujos are coming out in those months... definitely need the Mara Jade bishoujo. I'm thinking of getting rid of GSC Madoka, Dragon Nest Sorceress, Swimsuit Lucifer, and Morgiana.
You already own the original GSC Madoka, don't you? If so, I see little reason in purchasing the new one, even though it has a nice pose. Dragon Nest Sorceress, I'm not too familiar with the source material, so that was an easy pass for me. I'm with you in thinking I'll cancel Swimsuit Lucifer. I'm already collecting the standard Seven Deadly Sins, and I really don't want that to extend into the "Cosplay Ver." too. We already have a Bunny Girl Ver. of Asmodeus coming up. >_<

Difficult decisions must be made!

You already own the original GSC Madoka, don't you? If so, I see little reason in purchasing the new one, even though it has a nice pose. Dragon Nest Sorceress, I'm not too familiar with the source material, so that was an easy pass for me. I'm with you in thinking I'll cancel Swimsuit Lucifer. I'm already collecting the standard Seven Deadly Sins, and I really don't want that to extend into the "Cosplay Ver." too. We already have a Bunny Girl Ver. of Asmodeus coming up. >_<

Difficult decisions must be made!

I don't actually have any Madoka figures yet. That's why if any of those figures on the chopping block do survive the culling, it'll be her.

My Sakamoto (Strike Witches) figure has been three times delayed. Just got an email with the updated release date:

Available in: 2014 (month not determined)

RocBase

The new mary jane just started shipping and people on SF started posting pics. She looks pretty good. The paint app seems clean and I like j scott campbells artstyle. Even though its (supposedly) 1/5 the figure is too small for me to consider at 250 and I wasnt a fan of MJ ever. Will probably jump on the black cat whenever that goes up for pre order.

Here are some pics courtesy of SF
I can't wait to have this Queen sitting in my room! Though uh, since they're making Black Cat could we potentially see other versions of the Marvel girls...? lol would legit lose it if they did Storm.

Yeah not exactly thrilled with the 250 price tag – it's a lot, and along with Gwen + shipping I'd be spending well over half a grand, but it's an investment I'm bearing for the sake of finally having a pair of perfect pin-up statues to my exact tastes. Since I really don't buy much/am super selective anyway, splurging big amounts on certain figures from time to time is something I'm generally ok with letting happen.

Definitely want to get Figma armin.
BdYrWbfCAAADN77.png
Looking good! Expect we'll be seeing an influx of photos come WonFes, and hopefully a new character announcement.
START PRAYING FOR JEAN

kewlmyc

You actually think an Alter release is going to be on time?

RMI

Banned
Looking through my pre-order through June and I'm sitting at roughly 44,000 JPY of stuff coming from amiami... I probably should not pre-order any more figures. Already running low on space. Out of curiosity, what are your guys' figure budgets like?

kewlmyc

Looking through my pre-order through June and I'm sitting at roughly 44,000 JPY of stuff coming from amiami... I probably should not pre-order any more figures. Already running low on space. Out of curiosity, what are your guys' figure budgets like?

I'm trying to keep it to about $200 total a month. If I spend less than that, it carries over to the next month.

johnsmith

remember me

baby_throwing_money_coins.gif

BadWolf

Only have Figma Guts being shipped, other than that nothing has been ordered. The only one I'm looking forward to in 2014 so far is Figma Guyver.

The last figure I got before Guts was back in May of last year or so (Revoltech Vic Viper).

So yeah, not too much. Only getting characters I'm a big fan of and only one per character.

Open your wallets and burn the money ;P
threeA&#12300;METAL GEAR SOLID MG RAY (&#12513;&#12479;&#12523;&#12462;&#12450; &#12524;&#12452;)&#12301;&#21487;&#21205;&#12501;&#12451;&#12462;&#12517;&#12450;&#12364;&#20104;&#32004;&#38283;&#22987;&#12395;&#12290; &#12469;&#12452;&#12474;&#12364;&#20840;&#39640;420mm&#12289;&#20840;&#24133;&#32004;380mm&#12290; &#20385;&#26684;&#12364;49800&#20870;&#12289;&#30330;&#22770;&#26178;&#26399;&#12364;2014&#24180;8&#26376;&#20104;&#23450;&#12290;

1&#24180;&#21069;&#12395;threeA&#12363;&#12425;&#30330;&#22770;&#12373;&#12428;&#12383;&#12300;MG REX&#12301;&#12395;&#32154;&#12356;&#12390;&#12289;&#12300;MG RAY&#12301;&#12364;&#21830;&#21697;&#21270;&#12290; &#32764;&#12539;&#33050;&#37096;&#12539;&#33012;&#20307;&#12364;&#12501;&#12523;&#21487;&#21205;&#12375;&#12289;&#12462;&#12511;&#12483;&#12463;&#12399;&#12467;&#12463;&#12500;&#12483;&#12488;&#28857;&#28783;&#12289;&#38990;&#37096;&#12398;&#38283;&#21475;&#12462;&#12511;&#12483;&#12463;&#12434;&#25645;&#36617;&#12290;
Translation said:
"METAL GEAR SOLID MG RAY (Metal Gear Ray)" action figure is in the reservation start threeA. Size is about 380mm overall height 420mm, overall width. ¥ 49,800 price, release date is scheduled in August 2014.

Then was released from threeA a year ago to "MG REX", "MG RAY" is commercialized. Tsubasa leg, torso is moving full, gimmick cockpit lighting, equipped with a gimmick opening of the jaws.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/35511152.html
b6bc4a47.jpg
7d2fb92c.jpg

ff63deff.jpg
c2d1e8b1.jpg

af95b554.jpg
c6480501.jpg

a01b92b9.jpg
6b80e9f2.jpg

83d2f048.jpg
5f97ef61.jpg

Status