• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

The new mary jane just started shipping and people on SF started posting pics. She looks pretty good. The paint app seems clean and I like j scott campbells artstyle. Even though its (supposedly) 1/5 the figure is too small for me to consider at 250 and I wasnt a fan of MJ ever. Will probably jump on the black cat whenever that goes up for pre order.

Here are some pics courtesy of SF

The paint looks kinda dark in those pics. sculpt looks great but still way overpriced, imo. The Comiquettes were a bargain in comparison.

nwgKRyR.jpg
Holy wtfuck customs Batman!! For a 2,700 JPY figure, that's like $570 custom charge for NA peeps.
Basically talked to the local postal office and some incompetent customs individual basically charge me in USD instead of JPY.

Bombless

Holy wtfuck customs Batman!! For a 2,700 JPY figure, that's like $570 custom charge for NA peeps.
Basically talked to the local postal office and some incompetent customs individual basically charge me in USD instead of JPY.

What the fuck?? He calculated the tax on 2700$ instead of 2700¥ ? How does that even happen?

LiK

Haha, holy shit. Glad they fixed the issue.

Alter's Asuka should go up for pre-order later tonight [well, tonight for me since it's now the 7th]

HNNNNNNNNNG!

Aw, man. At first I thought you meant Alter's New Evangelion Asuka (the only one that matters). But she hasn't even been painted yet. :(

Alter's Estellise has been officially delayed to late 2014. ....what?

I can understand Suzuha once being delayed for a year since she came with a fully functional bicycle, but why Estelle?

The Tales figure series is cursed when it comes to release dates. Only explanation.

kewlmyc

Holy shit. I'm glad they are fixing it for you. .....they are fixing it, right?

Aw, man. At first I thought you meant Alter's New Evangelion Asuka (the only one that matters). But she hasn't even been painted yet. :(

The Tales figure series is cursed when it comes to release dates. Only explanation.
It's ridiculous. I'm really upset. I really want her since I have all the Alter Vesperia figures, but I'm planning on moving in late 2014, I don't want to be spending money on a figure I should have had by then.

What the fuck?? He calculated the tax on 2700$ instead of 2700¥ ? How does that even happen?
No idea, incompetence of certain individuals at customs.
Haha, holy shit. Glad they fixed the issue.

Holy shit. I'm glad they are fixing it for you. .....they are fixing it, right?

Got to love our custom charges!

Hope it gets resolved quickly.
Not fixed yet, I've gotta write a physical letter to customs to dispute that charge, no idea why they don't allow either email or phone calls =/

At least the local post office has said they'll hold it for me indefinitely. Also said it's the first time they've seen this kind of f-up in 25 years X'D

RMI

Banned
Alter Dizzy reprint delayed. Checked AmiAmi's site and it said it is coming out late 2014 now...
I really hope it's really late January or something and that's just a mistake, because that's a 1 year delay on a reprint. Is that sort of thing normal?

On a happier note I broke down and ordered an A/B megurine luka tony version this morning for 7900. I'm pretty excited about it!

FWIW, Alter's website says "From January" for both Dizzy and Estelle. Alter are backlogged, but it's not that bad judging from their release lineup.

Not fixed yet, I've gotta write a physical letter to customs to dispute that charge, no idea why they don't allow either email or phone calls =/

At least the local post office has said they'll hold it for me indefinitely. Also said it's the first time they've seen this kind of f-up in 25 years X'D

I'm kinda surprised that customs didn't bother checking what the hell is in that box that they believe would be worth $2,500.

I'm kinda surprised that customs didn't bother checking what the hell is in that box that they believe would be worth $2,500.

I know that was my thought when I'd realized how they calculated the charges =S, you would most likely check if the box wasn't huge as well, you'd think it was some drugs or something illegal =/

On a happier note I broke down and ordered an A/B megurine luka tony version this morning for 7900. I'm pretty excited about it!

The one I got was a B/B for 6500, but the great thing was that while the tape on the top flap of the box was cut, the tape holding the plastic clam-shells together was completely intact. She's a great-looking figure. You'll dig her.

Alter Dizzy reprint delayed. Checked AmiAmi's site and it said it is coming out late 2014 now...

It's ridiculous. I'm really upset. I really want her since I have all the Alter Vesperia figures, but I'm planning on moving in late 2014, I don't want to be spending money on a figure I should have had by then.

memegenerator-1388500736924964_zps334088c2.jpg

Do you like anthropomorphic battleships? If so, mark 1/8/14 in your calendar.

http://s.ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan/entry-11739274393.html

I gotta admit, they're stepping up their Figma game with this.

I like the idea of anthropomorphic battleships, but I think I'd be afraid to order any. Mostly because I know that once the KanColle anime starts, there's going to be a fucking flood of these things. The card game had like, a billion of them.

chrono01

I doubt you need to F5. This isn't One Piece or Shingeki no Kyojin.
Kancolle is insanely popular, as you probably know. The Shimakaze Nendoroid sold out extremely fast, and figma's such as they usually do the same [as in the case of the Attack on Titan figma's].

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Shimakaze figma sell out within 15-30 minutes, maybe even less.

kewlmyc

Sigh, not looking forward to preordering GSC's Mikasa and Kotobukiya's Levi and Eren. But who knows, the Kancolle figs might sell out super fast. I don't think anyone predicted SnK being as big as it was.

Bombless

Nendo Shikamaze sold out on both her initial and 2nd run. The figma will be no different. Not sure if it'll be the same for the rest of the line as Nendo Akagi wasn't sold out a few weeks after PO opening, but I'm not taking any chances :)

Kancolle is insanely popular, as you probably know. The Shimakaze Nendoroid sold out extremely fast, and figma's such as they usually do the same [as in the case of the Attack on Titan figma's].

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Shimakaze figma sell out within 15-30 minutes, maybe even less.

Man, those Japanese dudes have weird tastes. Maybe if you strap some battleship hardware to real women, they'll start fucking again.

Sigh, not looking forward to preordering GSC's Mikasa

Yeah, I'm in that boat, too. I'll start F5'ing at 5PM the day before she goes up.

Holy shit...that's one hell of a mistake for someone to make. Incompetent is putting it rather nicely.

Just got my notice from AmiAmi about the delay for Dizzy; they didn't even bother putting in an expected date...

Temped to just buy her used at thispoint and then cancel the pre-order now that the aftermarket prices have dropped to sane levels.

Also, should I cancel my 2020 Mike? Not really feeling it anymore...

On another note, does anyone here ever collect variants of gsc figures. I'm thinking of double dipping on a gsc piece and was wondering whether their variants get the same qc treatment cause I've never owned a gsc variant
Bump for my question because I'm worried whether variants don't get the same qc treatment as the originals.

Wow. Like what?
Made a space for any figure of Akatsuki from Log Horizon.
And if they by chance they make Figmas I have Shiroe accounted for.
Also factored for the crazy chance they made 1 last Steins;Gate Figma(This isn't very likely but hey never know).

That comes after my 'maybe' portion which right now is
Figma Indiana Jones
Figma Marth

Its not strict or anything just my outline for the year at this point.

Josephl64

new here...

Anyways, I just pre-ordered my Tharja, and as tempting as that Shimakaze is...should I just wait for this since I prefer figures without joints or get both?

chrono01

If I buy a Shimakaze, it's going to be one of the 1/8 figures. Kind of torn between the GSC and the Ques Q, though.
Between the two, I'd recommend the GSC version since I really don't trust Ques Q's quality [although their recent Elizabeth was very decent].

I also really love the pose they chose for the GSC version. As for why I'm getting the figma, I figure it'll be nice to have and this will [likely] be the only figma we get. Also, considering this is Max Factory, she'll never get a re-release. Scaled figures, however, will be available from multiple manufacturers, although I've pretty much decided to go with GSC at this point, unless they completely mess up the painting.

new here...

Anyways, I just pre-ordered my Tharja, and as tempting as that Shimakaze is...should I just wait for this since I prefer figures without joints or get both?
If you like her, I'd say get her.

Yes, the joints in figma's can be troublesome, but you get used to them. As I mentioned, Max Factory rarely [if ever] re-releases their products, and figma's from popular series, such as this one, sell out very quickly and raise in value almost instantly. The Samus figma was selling for around $150 before the re-release, which is one of three re-release I've ever known Max Factory to do [the other two being the Link figma and Zero Suit Samus scaled figure].

new here...

Up to you. But if you want the Shimakaze figma at all, I'd order her now. You probably won't have the option for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom