• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
!!
Play-Art's evolving/learning =O
@hidemi_mad_EN

PAK SNAKE's face is mosty hand-coated this time. pic.twitter.com/rJqnqhVaZe
BdQrEJzCYAAYI3I.jpg:large

J Scott Campbell announced Sideshow Black Cat on his instagram. Yessss

Its likely based on the below art because they used a sketch matching it in the backround of the reveal header. It was also seen in sideshows sketches on previous occassions alongside the other spiderman pieces that have released.

sWQuZgm.png

1240467-asm_bc_01_campbellvariant.jpg

Well, it's January. Who's getting delayed this month? Is Max Factory Momo going to get kicked back another month and release at the same time as Tharja?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bad news, folks, straight from the Ikea website:

Product: DETOLF Glass-door cabinet, Store: CA, Covina
The product will soon be leaving our range, and may not come back in stock, so you may want to look for an alternative product.

Fuck... I guess the Billy option is go, until they cancel that as well.
US issue? Checked my local UK store and its getting new stock Weds and Thurs (doesn't show days after that)

Ryuuroden

US issue? Checked my local UK store and its getting new stock Weds and Thurs (doesn't show days after that)

Hmmm, I might have to go down to Cincinnati then if they still have them. Honestly I may go with something larger anyways but I really don't know. I was not planning on really thinking about this till I moved. I am also looking at getting the shelving johnsmith posted to display some of my LEGO sets.

On a related note, I finally got a chance to open the shipping boxes my alter StrikerS girls were in and was blown away by the size. 1/7 scale is much larger than I believed it would be. 3 of the 4 girls came in boxes rivaling ultimate madoka in size. They are part of the reason I may get some sort of glass cabinet instead of multiple detolfs. I am thinking a cabinet that had wooden doors on the bottom to store figures I can rotate in and out of display and 4 shelves above that, that are behind glass.

sca2511

Its likely based on the below art because they used a sketch matching it in the backround of the reveal header. It was also seen in sideshows sketches on previous occassions alongside the other spiderman pieces that have released.

Blackcat.jpg

Yeah, I've read on some interviews that the Spidey, Gwen, and MJ statues are based on his sketches that are in his sketchbooks, so I wouldn't be surprised if this were true. The pose looks great and I can't wait to see some teaser images.

chrono01

You have to realize, just because they're on vacation doesn't mean orders and emails stop coming it. It takes them a bit to catch up at this time of year. Be patient.
Yeah, AmiAmi/HS barely even updated last night with new items. Given that they were closed for so long, despite being officially open for business again, it will take them a while before things are working as they should. It's similar to how our mail can be backlogged/delayed around/after the holidays.

Speaking of, I have my AmiAmi and CDJapan order out for delivery today. Here's hoping they find the time to deliver it and not simply leave a slip telling me to pick it up. The AmiAmi box will be massive. -_-

chrono01

Redjuce does some incredible work.

Also, my shipment(s) came. I love the look of Melty, Bayonetta, and Super Sonico [Orchid Seed]. Junko/Daisy look okay, as well. The box was massive. -_-

At least the coming months don't look too bad. I can [hopefully] get my budget back in order. November/December was pretty expensive, release-wise.

Bombless

I took advantage of the holiday to track all my orders for 2014 and tally up the amounts. I'm in for a pretty penny early in (those delays), but it goes nil beyond July. I'll try to keep it that way.

The new mary jane just started shipping and people on SF started posting pics. She looks pretty good. The paint app seems clean and I like j scott campbells artstyle. Even though its (supposedly) 1/5 the figure is too small for me to consider at 250 and I wasnt a fan of MJ ever. Will probably jump on the black cat whenever that goes up for pre order.

Here are some pics courtesy of SF

sca2511

The new mary jane just started shipping and people on SF started posting pics. She looks pretty good. The paint app seems clean and I like j scott campbells artstyle. Even though its (supposedly) 1/5 the figure is too small for me to consider at 250 and I wasnt a fan of MJ ever. Will probably jump on the black cat whenever that goes up for pre order.

Mine shipped as well, was actually hoping to see it today, but it looks like I'll be getting it tomorrow. Can't wait!

Giolon

Overall, I think it's only alright, but that face is divine.

Ahh can't wait to get her, she looks great. I'm down for Black Cat whenever that happens as well.

Bombless

On the subject of shelves, after seeing Raptors' setup, I'm warming up to the Vittsjö arrangement. I had the impression the rows weren't deep enough but it seems to do just fine. The bottom row will house boxes with the extra figures, it'd look good.

The gwen one looks great too but I dislike the facial expression on her.

On another note, does anyone here ever collect variants of gsc figures. I'm thinking of double dipping on a gsc piece and was wondering whether their variants get the same qc treatment cause I've never owned a gsc variant

WolfStark

Mary Jane looks okay but I would expect better from a statue in that price region, way closer to J. Scott Campbells artwork. The nose is not looking right, her eyes are somehow asian slits, maybe the corner of the mouth could have improved, the front part of the hair looks like an extra part. I see that on figures or Nendoroids but on such a statue? The hair all in all is also not the best in my eyes, it gives the head an unnatural shape, it should've been more voluminous. Maybe it is all nitpicking but I think Campbell deserves better.

Luigi87

Alter's Asuka should go up for pre-order later tonight [well, tonight for me since it's now the 7th].

HNNNNNNNNNG!

While I wouldn't get her personally, I do think it is about time that there's an Asuka figure that looks fairly nice. I haven't even played or watched Senran Kagura, but it has bothered me how so many of the other girls have had figures, and Asuka seemed largely ignored.

Gwen has one from Sideshow as well.

Her smile is kind of freaking me out, though it may just be the angle her head is in, in that image.

kewlmyc

Alter's Estellise has been officially delayed to late 2014. ....what?

I can understand Suzuha once being delayed for a year since she came with a fully functional bicycle, but why Estelle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom