• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, at Goodsmile Online Shop where they charge 2000 yen for EMS shipping for a single figma [also, no price discount]. ;_;

Sure, the shipping cost is great for someone purchasing five of them, but for someone such as myself who am only interested in one, it's a bit costly. It's either this or buy it from a proxy where the price will be higher than what GSC is asking, but cheaper shipping.

It seems I have little choice. *sigh*

I didnt tink the cost is that much as thats where i ordered figma eren levi and nendos from.

chrono01

I didnt tink the cost is that much as thats where i ordered figma eren levi and nendos from.
Sorry, but it's a flat 2000 yen EMS cost for anything you order from them. It's listed as such under their Usage Guide:

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/help#answer5

- How much will shipping cost?

A shipping charge of 2000JPY applies per order, regardless of destination.

In principle, for every order there will be one package shipped. However, if the items in your order have multiple release dates, items may be shipped separately. In this case shipping fees will only be charged for the first shipment, and Goodsmile Online Shop will cover all additional shipping costs.

The good news is that if you pre-order multiple items [with differing months of release] in the same order, that they will ship out each item as it's released at a single 2000 yen cost and nothing more afterwards. For example, if you have the figma/Nendoroid versions of Levi pre-ordered, both scheduled for release in June, but one them is delayed into August, GSC will ship out the item released in June at 2000 yen and then the other [in August] when it's released at no-cost. That's why it's good to pre-order whatever item(s) you can all at once to save on possible shipping costs. Unfortunately you can't add items to an existing order, so if you don't order them all at once you need to pay a separate 2000 yen for each shipped, even if they're scheduled for the same month.

As for the base increase in-price for the items on the GSC Online Shop, it's true. For example, the Levi Nendoroid is selling for 4,200 yen there while AmiAmi has him for 3,440 yen.

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/top/gscnenwd00390.html

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...=levi+nendoroid$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

This is because some sites, such as AmiAmi, give store discounts to encourage people to buy from them. For exclusives, however, no discount needs to be applied since there's no competition [as in the case of the Armin figma from the GSC Online Shop], so you have to pay the full MSRP.

cajunator

Banned
I was banned when these came in, so here.

DrtF3rs.jpg

Why all the Griffon hate? Granted, "Griffon-face" is a real thing, but the Griffon figures I have are pretty damn nice, especially this one:

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/31117

Not my picture, but i have the same figure. It's really detailed, nice paint. I guess it depends on the figure, but their Toho stuff at least is always really nice.

Why all the Griffon hate? Granted, "Griffon-face" is a real thing, but the Griffon figures I have are pretty damn nice, especially this one:

Not my picture, but i have the same figure. It's really detailed, nice paint. I guess it depends on the figure, but their Toho stuff at least is always really nice.

I don't own any Griffon figures, but this is why other people don't like them: http://magicalbakaface.tumblr.com/post/52286948187/sometimes-people-ask-me-why-i-dislike-griffon. The pictures aren't great, but you get the idea.

My understanding is that their Touhou stuff is hands down their best/most popular. The Kurumi that Cajun posted above seems like it turned out okay as well.

AAAAHHHH!!!!! Why do you show me pictures of cool things that are exclusive out the ass?

According to the MFC listing, it is. There's a red /w blonde hair recolor on N-Y going for $170.

Not a big fan of the re-color, and that price is ridiculous. The OG version pops up from time to time used on AMi for about 7-8k. Also, the original comes with a ridiculously large base with a metal plaque with the character's name and sculpt version on it.

She's 265mm which is really big for 1/8. More like 1/7.

It's like what, 10" or so? But you have to realize the hat and the slight boost the base gives her makes her seem larger than she actually is.

oh, she doesn't come out until July? Hm. I might get her, as I have no orders for that month except Maka. But as soon as I order her, everything else I want will be announced for a July release, too.

Bombless

I pointed Viola out to mom and mentioned she was rather expensive. Her reply was "Yes, you're right, too expensive."

Then she took one glance at Maxima and said "July? I don't have anything that month. I'm getting her.".

I really, really, created a monster.

Edit : Also my december box is finally at the post office (missed the delivery). Tax amount on the slip : 111€. The box must be Love is War DX sized...

I pointed Viola out to mom and mentioned she was rather expensive. Her reply was "Yes, you're right, too expensive."

Then she took one glance at Maxima and said "July? I don't have anything that month. I'm getting her.".

I really, really, created a monster.

Yeeeeah. You did. See if she'll buy me a figure or two. :p

So I got my slip from the post office for Selvaria today. Picking her up tomorrow. Then we can spend all weekend together. Yesssss.

johnsmith

remember me
My preorders are the lightest they've been in a while

January - 2020 Miku
February- Tharja
March - Alphamax Sorceress, Rockin Jelly Bean Mystique
April -
May - Black & White Harley Quinn
June - Megahouse Elf

I'll probably be getting Bishoujo Psylocke X-Force version sometime in the first half of the year too.

RMI

Banned
unpacked a bunch of stuff today, D-Arts Thanatos and Elizabeth, Figma Miku Ver 2.0, and a Racing Miku 2011 pucchi nendo pack with miku/luka/rin and a little podium and car.

The fucking trophy that Rin is supposed to hold broke while I was trying to put it in her tiny hands :-(. I'm also officially out of display space until I reorganize/clean/throw stuff out in my apartment.

Overall I'm really happy with D-Arts Thanatos and Elizabeth. Miku 2.0 is an improvement over the first Miku Figma, but I was a little bummed that her guitar strap was all warped and very difficult to get into a good position over her shoulders. I got fed up and sat her on the edge of a book shelf with her legs dangling over the ledge.

LiK

i got a lot of new figures in the past few weeks. been lazy with photos as usual. so imagine i have a lot of new figures right now.

kewlmyc

unpacked a bunch of stuff today, D-Arts Thanatos and Elizabeth, Figma Miku Ver 2.0, and a Racing Miku 2011 pucchi nendo pack with miku/luka/rin and a little podium and car.

The fucking trophy that Rin is supposed to hold broke while I was trying to put it in her tiny hands :-(. I'm also officially out of display space until I reorganize/clean/throw stuff out in my apartment.

Overall I'm really happy with D-Arts Thanatos and Elizabeth. Miku 2.0 is an improvement over the first Miku Figma, but I was a little bummed that her guitar strap was all warped and very difficult to get into a good position over her shoulders. I got fed up and sat her on the edge of a book shelf with her legs dangling over the ledge.

The only thing that pisses me off about Elizabeth is that she lacks a stand, so you're forced to use the chair.

dreamfall

Lurking too much around here, ordered Tharja!

Also, any other photos of the Amazon- I mean what I've seen has not been great, but when it goes up - who knows what I may do!

Also, any other photos of the Amazon- I mean what I've seen has not been great, but when it goes up - who knows what I may do!

Yeah, I ordered Tharja way back when she first went up for pre-order. Started looking at pics of her again recently and now I can't wait to get her. She looks great. As for Amazon, there aren't that many pics of her yet. Not enough to see all the angles. But I'm sure we'll have more pics by the time she goes up for sale on the 17th.

So do any of you guys own any of the Alter Xenosaga figures? Looking at Swimsuit KOS-MOS and regular T-elos. Opinions? AmiAmi has a pre-owned T-elos, but she's like $130. And I just blew my load (not literally) on a pre-owned Selvaria, so I don't really wanna do that again. KOSsy on the other hand can be had for $60 or so A/B. But I kinda wanna cool it until my January order is paid for. Or at least until we see this month's delays.

RMI

Banned
The only thing that pisses me off about Elizabeth is that she lacks a stand, so you're forced to use the chair.

I was going to use the chair from the start, it's too cool not too, but yeah you're right they should have included a stand. I was able to position Thanatos floating way up above her and she's sitting under him in the chair on his big-assed base. It's a decent arrangement, though I suppose if I wanted a more dynamic/actiony pose with her holding her little card I would need a stand.

george_us

That's pretty much how I wound up ordering Tharja. Wasn't interested at first, pics of her kept getting posted, and the more I saw of her, the more I liked.

And you'll cave on the Amazon. It's only a matter of time!

Josephl64

only SAO I ever want is Sachi...they killed off my fave char from that show so fast...never bonded with another. After she died the show fell to mediocrity to me

only SAO I ever want is Sachi...they killed off my fave char from that show so fast...never bonded with another. After she died the show fell to mediocrity to me

I disliked it from the very beginning
Though I could still go for maybe Leafa and a few other figures.
did actually have some nice designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom