• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
baby_throwing_money_coins.gif

lol. This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

Ryuuroden

Compared to those, the Arpeggio mental models are bloody conservative lol.

Yeah, its a good thing for me since I love this sort of thing. I feel no compulsion to order any of them due to the risque clothing choices. If I do get a 1/8 scale figure it would be the carrier girl. She seems the safest and I the carrier armor is cool. Budget saved!!

I kind of wish Amiami took your money upfront. It's to easy to sign off on a dozen pre-orders only to scream at month end when the bill shows up.

Josephl64

Looking through my pre-order through June and I'm sitting at roughly 44,000 JPY of stuff coming from amiami... I probably should not pre-order any more figures. Already running low on space. Out of curiosity, what are your guys' figure budgets like?

I combine my gaming and fig budgets and together I so far will have spent from now until June:118,620 JPY

so that's why I'm not getting anything else...

chrono01

Where do I order this. HOOK IT UP TO MY VEINS!
She's a Sapporo Snow Festival 2014/Wonder Festival 2014 exclusive, and will be available for purchase at the convention/exhibition in Japan [in limited quantities]. She'll also be made available later through the Goodsmile Online Shop for shipping later in the year. She'll be made-to-order then, so you don't need to hurry to pre-order her [although I definitely will, I need this thing in my life]. You won't even need payment up-front, as you're charged when it ships.

Here's the link to Goodsmile Online Shop:

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/

RMI

Banned
I kind of wish Amiami took your money upfront. It's to easy to sign off on a dozen pre-orders only to scream at month end when the bill shows up.

I kind of do also, but that would make things a little bit weird when it came to shipping and combining shipments i think. Also, with the way things get delayed it would be troublesome, and cancellations, refunds, etc would be kind of a pain. But yeah, paying up front does have its advantages sometimes. It's nice to have a fig you've already paid for months in advance show up without additional fuss.

chrono01

Attention, fans of Hometown.

Amazon [Dragon's Crown] from Megahouse will made available for pre-order on January 17th [JST].

http://www.megahobby.jp/news/article/732/

I already have Elf on pre-order, and will likely pre-order Amazon as well. Then I must wait patiently for Life/Sorceress to become available for pre-order, and I will have the complete set!

RMI

Banned
Attention, fans of Hometown.

Amazon [Dragon's Crown] from Megahouse will made available for pre-order on January 17th [JST].

http://www.megahobby.jp/news/article/732/

I already have Elf on pre-order, and will likely pre-order Amazon as well. Then I must wait patiently for Life/Sorceress to become available for pre-order, and I will have the complete set!

I don't like this now, but I'm sure you'll post a rotating gif and then that'll be another pre-order :-(

I have trouble taking an article seriously when it includes the term "fun bags". XD Also, how the fuck can they review something that isn't out yet?

Does it really say-

LOL the text in that article.

At this point she may as well be naked! Super-powered pheromones are about the last ability you need with a booty like this!

If there was ever a set of T&A that didn't need fancy lighting to help it stand out, this is it. But here at AmiAmi we like to push the envelope... Lights down! Those fun bags look vacuumed sealed into her suit, and probably are. I don't see how else she could get it over her superhuman hips!

I can't.

chrono01

Yeah, AmiAmi's reviews/previews can be...weird.

For instance, I have Nimue from "Kaku-San-Sei Million Arthur" pre-ordered, as I found her very cute and unique [that vacuum!"]. It helps that we don't get many witch-centered figures, and even despite her price and the fact that Square-Enix is the manufacturer [and I have no history with them] I still felt obligated to pre-order her.

If you want to become uncomfortable [or have the FBI ready to kick in your door] feel free to read their "review".

http://amiamiblog.com/amiamiblog/20...rthur-nimue-18-complete-figure-by-square-enix

Those comments. o_O

chrono01

You know they're going to deliver, why wait? :)

Ugh I wish everything I want wasn't coming out between May and June.
They will deliver!

I take some comfort in the fact that the Alter releases for those months will, with near 100% certainty, be delayed into the later months. It's still a bit scary to see, though. I don't like to trust to delays when I pre-orders figures. :/

Josephl64

They will deliver!

I take some comfort in the fact that the Alter releases for those months will, with near 100% certainty, be delayed into the later months. It's still a bit scary to see, though. I don't like to trust to delays when I pre-orders figures. :/

Is Alter doing the rest of the Senran Kagura girls down the line?

Josephl64

There was no excuse for that one, as well as a few of the Persona figures, but generally I haven't had issues with them. It's certainly not to the extent of other manufacturers, such as Griffon, where I basically ignore 100% of their releases.

Hopefully, although nothing has been announced yet. :(

ah, that's what I thought...thanks for the confirmation.

Also isn't Griffon that one company who usually does horribly, but once in a blue moon pulls out a miraculously good figure?

chrono01

ah, that's what I thought...thanks for the confirmation.

Also isn't Griffon that one company who usually does horribly, but once in a blue moon pulls out a miraculously good figure?
I know I don't own any great figures from them, although their Sonsaku Hakufu - Arousal Ver. is pretty decent. I definitely don't have much faith in them as a manufacturer, though, so I won't pre-order anything from them prior to release.

chrono01

WonFest exclusive. Because money. But fear not, he'll be available online.
Yeah, at Goodsmile Online Shop where they charge 2000 yen for EMS shipping for a single figma [also, no price discount]. ;_;

Sure, the shipping cost is great for someone purchasing five of them, but for someone such as myself who am only interested in one, it's a bit costly. It's either this or buy it from a proxy where the price will be higher than what GSC is asking, but cheaper shipping.

It seems I have little choice. *sigh*

Got two of the three Nendos I got earlier back set up today.

The MonHun swordsman was quite tough. Some small parts and so much spikes everywhere makes it hard to have a good place that doesn't poke your finger.

Monokuma was easy to the point of suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom