• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meijiko

This place is going to be dead until Wonder Fest. :p

So here's a question... In a freak occurrence, a guided missile is thrown off course and hits your home. Your figure collection is annihilated except, miraculously, for five figures. And you get to choose which ones survive the blast. What do you pick?

I didn't want to pick just the most expensive ones from my collection... But it almost turned out that way. If you don't count the F4F statues, anyway.

1. Sakura Kinomoto OP1 (Kaiyodo)
2. First Colossus (Kotobukiya)
3. Alice (Alter)
4. Belldandy and Holy Bell (Max Factory)
5. Aoba (Max Factory)

Aoba narrowly beat out the other Kaiyodo Sakura figure, but the one in my collection has broken hair that's still in need of repair. The two Alter Odin Sphere figures were also contenders, and on a different day I might pick Gwendolyn over Alice since she was our very first high quality figure.

Giolon

I wish they'd just get rid of that brown eye-shadow or whatever it is as it's more distracting than anything else.

That's been present in Chun-li's official artwork for a very long time (Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival is the earliest I can verify), though on the figure it's a lot larger than it usually would be. It's there in Street Fighter IV, which is what this is based on. Personally, I love that eye shadow.

What would you think is a reasonable price for this figure nowdays? There's one for 35k...

Well, considering I saw one in the Osaka Mandarake for 47,250 yen in October 2012, and another elsewhere in Akihabara around the same time for a similar price...

Hm. I don't really like the base on Melty. Seems like it's going to lean. Or break, with the way she's weighted.

don't really see it leaning. I was kinda owrried about it breaking but....i think they took that into account. I mean its about an inch of plastic rooted into the base. Hopefully it doesn't break =/. I still have regular melty boxed. Only xmas melty is opned up.

don't really see it leaning. I was kinda owrried about it breaking but....i think they took that into account. I mean its about an inch of plastic rooted into the base. Hopefully it doesn't break =/. I still have regular melty boxed. Only xmas melty is opned up.

Same here. Xmas Melty is for life, not just for Christmas. I might give regular away as a present, given what little display space I have left.

I unboxed Junko as well today. The manufacturing and paintwork leave something to be desired, but she looks nice in my display. The size and pose make her stand out quite well, and I'm happy I bought her. In retrospect the price was too much, but I'm not super bothered about that. Reflect should definitely head back to Yamato/Arcadia though :p

Melty is a really nice figure, I'm just not crazy about the way she's supported. Selvaria is also awesome, but I didn't set her up with the lance. There's really no way to maximize shelf-space in a detolf with it.

To the person wanting to replace saber with a diffrent figma. Drop the figma idea and go with the chocogin saber. Best armored small figure saber, has real metal and is inscale with figma! Own one myself.

RocBase

That's been present in Chun-li's official artwork for a very long time (Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival is the earliest I can verify), though on the figure it's a lot larger than it usually would be. It's there in Street Fighter IV, which is what this is based on. Personally, I love that eye shadow.
Cool, I've honestly never noticed it on her official artwork now that you bring it up. Looking at some now it's blended and looks cute as opposed to the clown makeup on the figure.

To the person wanting to replace saber with a diffrent figma. Drop the figma idea and go with the chocogin saber. Best armored small figure saber, has real metal and is inscale with figma! Own one myself.

Hmm, thats actually not a bad idea if she is inscale with Figma(already have Shirou, Kiritsugu, Zero Saber, and soon Rin)
And can get her for the same or even less than Lily.

Thanks

Ryuuroden

Like a lot of you, I am going to hold off pre-ordering anything else until after wonderfest. There are some major lego sets coming out over the next several months I have to budget for as well as furniture and new expenses from my upcoming move. At least the new car is fully paid off (paid it off in 5 months, only ended up with 70 dollars in interest, yay). I am looking forward to some fun ikea shopping.

Like a lot of you, I am going to hold off pre-ordering anything else until after wonderfest.

I may pre-order Amazon when she goes up on the 17th, but that's it. Because anything else is just picking at table-scraps. There's obviously going to be a holy-fuckton of new figures at Wonderfest. Hopefully not too many. I sure do like having this roof over my head.

Edit: Uhh...... MFC has a scan of Amazon, even showing her from the back. Now I'm not so sure about ordering her. XD

Also, cracked open my Max Factory Etna today. She's cute, but it sure does feel rude getting her tail in the slot under her skirt (not that slot, perv. The one for her tail).

What would you think is a reasonable price for this figure nowdays? There's one for 35k...

There's one on Amazon for a song.

Only $2200! ;)

Fantomex

If any of you chaps are selling a used or open D Arts Mega Man Zero V2 figure please send me a pm. I wan't it used or open because I plan on playing with it on my desk. I can't bring myself to pay super crazy prices for a new one, knowing I'm gonna pop it open. It can even be missing stuff or scuffed it's all good. Thanks!

FIG-IPN-3188_01.jpg

RMI

Banned
Hmm amazon looks not so bad. I'm still kinda stuck on her face, though. It looks okay from some angles but her expression is just so bored that it's hard to get excited looking at her.

I don't think I'll be pre-ordering this one right away. It would probably go well with the elf and the recently revealed sorceress, but I'm only set on the elf for now.

I feel like that money could be better spent on picking up pre-owned Kongiku and Velvet for figs based on Kamitani's art.

Like a lot of you, I am going to hold off pre-ordering anything else until after wonderfest. There are some major lego sets coming out over the next several months I have to budget for as well as furniture and new expenses from my upcoming move. At least the new car is fully paid off (paid it off in 5 months, only ended up with 70 dollars in interest, yay). I am looking forward to some fun ikea shopping.

I'm hoping we see the new GSC Mikasa in painted form, the Koto Jubilee in painted form and that we get a variant of the new Psylocke Bish.

I'm also expecting a fav figure from this thread to get her variant shown finally even though one store has already leaked it sort of.

BadWolf

Does anyone make nice Disney figures? Or more like statuettes ala Momohime.

Wouldn't mind something from Tangled or Frozen.

kewlmyc

I'm dying to see a painted GSC Mikasa, and Asuka (Evangelion) and Labrys from Alter.

This for me, along with Alter Lloyd, Megahouse Kogami, Koto Eren and Levi, Phat's Kirigiri, Riobot Lazengann, and hopefully news that GSC Chamber and Megahouse Gilgamesh aren't dead.

Also, thanks for the responses. It's February 11th right? Can't wait.

This for me, along with Alter Lloyd, Megahouse Kogami, Koto Eren and Levi, Phat's Kirigiri, Riobot Lazengann, and hopefully news that GSC Chamber and Megahouse Gilgamesh aren't dead.

Also, thanks for the responses. It's February 11th right? Can't wait.

This was news to me! Looked it up and the sculpt is awesome. Sentinel are like a different company when they're doing robots. So good.

meijiko

Here's my (reasonable) wishlist for Wonfes:
-Sakura Kinomoto Nendoroid (unlikely but I'm hopeful)
-Painted Alter FREE! figures, sculpts/announcement of the other three characters
-Vocaloid Senbonzakura sculpts from FREEing (Kaito, Len, Rin), painted Miku
-Tony Taka Len and Rin sculpts (Miku rerelease please? Except no, it's Max Factory)
-Big name company announcing a Kirito figure
-Someone who isn't Bandai producing Sailormoon figures
-Kotobukiya Roselinde sculpt

I'm always expecting a few things to surprise me, too. There are always figures that I didn't know I wanted until I saw them.

-Vocaloid Senbonzakura sculpts from FREEing Miku

There's no escaping the Miku vortex, is there? I did not know this was a thing. A thing that will soon be paid for by me with good cash monies.

I think it's time for a 12-step program; I still have 10 figures languishing in their boxes. Some of them for over a year now...

RMI

Banned
There's no escaping the Miku vortex, is there? I did not know this was a thing. A thing that will soon be paid for by me with good cash monies.

I think it's time for a 12-step program; I still have 10 figures languishing in their boxes. Some of them for over a year now...

There are so many miku figures that I've yet to buy one (aside from figmas) because I don't know if it will be my favorite still after any amount of time when they release more. I really like the Love is War Miku, both DX and Regular, but god damn i'm not buying the DX one and I'm still hoping for something new and better and (very importantly) cheaper to get announced.

Be strong! There will always be more Miku. You don't NEED all of them. Unless you do.

Selvaria

Finally received my January order from Amiami. This is the biggest order I have.

- Bayonetta
- figma Spider-Man
- GSC Akane Isshiki
- Lightning Play arts Kai
- Ringo Hanamaru
- Sonico
- Psylocke bishoujo
- Junko Enoshima

Here are some pics for your enjoyment.

This is now my favorite Sonico figure.

Bishoujo Psylocke next to X-23. I always regretted not buying the original Psylocke bishoujo.

Lightning Returns Play Arts Kai is definitely an improvement over the original. But I'm still not a big fan of PAK...

Bonus image: Hot Toys Ada! Other that the glaring wrist/ankle joints, I love her!

chrono01

I agree, Selvaria.

I own many Sonico's, but Orchid Seed's 1/5 scale version is my favorite. They absolutely nailed her facial expression, as well as body. She's insanely beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom