• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

This is the best late Christmas ever (and arguably the most expensive, but I don't care).

HjyinFol.jpg

RMI

Banned
I disliked it from the very beginning
Though I could still go for maybe Leafa and a few other figures.
did actually have some nice designs.

I liked the first season, but watching the second part now and just hate it. Don't know why I'm doing this to myself when there are so many other better shows I could be watching.

The upcoming Leafa statue looks nice.

I liked the first season, but watching the second part now and just hate it. Don't know why I'm doing this to myself when there are so many other better shows I could be watching.

The upcoming Leafa statue looks nice.

I like to pretend SAO ended at episode 14. Last half of the series was complete shit.

Josephl64

The first 3 eps. were the best thing ever...Asuna was okay up to ep. 14, but I didn't bond with her as much as I did with Sachi.

I guess the reason she will never get a figure is because she only lasted 3 eps *sigh*

kewlmyc

I liked SAO until around the 7th episode where Asuna was reduced from a pretty good heroine to a heroine who needs Kirito to protect her from her own bodyguard that's clearly weaker than her.

Karkador

Banned
Hey guys, I have an AmiAmi-related shipping question.

I ordered some small card games from them and selected Air Small Packet as the shipping method (I live in the US). They shipped it out on 12/26, and gave me a tracking # to use on JapanPost's page. The last update on that page was 12/27, which it lists as "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" from Tokyo Int.

Two weeks later, and there is still no package and no further update on that site. By AmiAmi's own guidelines, Air should have taken 1-2 weeks. Is there some delay because of holidays, or is this abnormal?

Hey guys, I have an AmiAmi-related shipping question.

I ordered some small card games from them and selected Air Small Packet as the shipping method (I live in the US). They shipped it out on 12/26, and gave me a tracking # to use on JapanPost's page. The last update on that page was 12/27, which it lists as "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" from Tokyo Int.

Two weeks later, and there is still no package and no further update on that site. By AmiAmi's own guidelines, Air should have taken 1-2 weeks. Is there some delay because of holidays, or is this abnormal?

Have you tried using the tracking number on USPS's tracking?

I know when they shipped something via SAL Registered, after the JapanPost's tracking listed it left Japan, USPS started tracking it as they took control of the delivery of it. Might be the same with Air Small Packet.

Giolon

I've had "two week" packages take over a month when they fell over the holidays. It's why I always use EMS for anything scheduled to ship from late November through to the end of January.

So, while it's not normal on average, for the holiday and immediately post-holiday season, it's not unusual.

The advice to enter the tracking number in the USPS website is good advice. Sometimes they don't update either, but once the package leaves Japan, you'll generally get faster, more up-to-date info from the USPS.

Karkador

Banned
it's not unusual for it to take an extra week when the holidays occur

For Air shipments, too?

Have you tried using the tracking number on USPS's tracking?

Ah, I hadn't thought of that. I put it into USPS's page and it says similar information, but it also says "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment". So it hasn't even left Japan yet? The problem is that I'm not even sure if I can talk to somebody if the problem is Japan-side.

I've had "two week" packages take over a month when they fell over the holidays. It's why I always use EMS for anything scheduled to ship from late November through to the end of January.

LOL, that reminds me, I ordered that MegaHouse figure of that Occult Academy chick before Xmas, shipped SAL. Still don't have her. Roflcopter

I wonder when she'll show up.

chrono01

I had two items shipped around the same time last year before Christmas via Registered SAL: one on the 17th and the other on the 21st. I received the later shipment yesterday [the one shipped on the 21st] and according to my other tracking information the other item just now was processed into Canada.

I'm not sure how the item that shipped after the previous one arrived sooner, I'm guessing it has to do the route each one took along the way. Regardless, mail [especially the "budget" ones] can take a while, especially before/after the holidays. I'm sure you'll receive it soon!

Yes! Selvaria is mine! Miiiiiiiine!!!!

Does AmiAmi tape the plastic clamshells of all their pre-owned figures shut, or have I just gotten lucky with the last two B/B's I've ordered? They've still had the plastic sheets wrapped around them and everything.

meijiko

Got Melty yesterday.

YWkA8Xy.jpg

Very happy with her. Alter delivers another great figure. She'll fit right in with my witches once I redo my shelf.

Yes! Selvaria is mine! Miiiiiiiine!!!!

Does AmiAmi tape the plastic clamshells of all their pre-owned figures shut, or have I just gotten lucky with the last two B/B's I've ordered? They've still had the plastic sheets wrapped around them and everything.

I think they re-wrap everything; since they have to take stuff out of the box to inspect it, it seems natural. They do a damn good job of it, though.

cajunator

Banned
Wrong Melty!

Bonus :

"Make your move reindeer games." and "I can't believe I managed to get the exact pose from the box without shenanigans!"

Can't wait for Iron Patriot now.

I didnt want that Melty. Considered it but the original is much cuter and the colors work better.

just got my Kirito and Asuna figmas that I will actually get to open this time.

One thing about Asuna though, why does GSC no longer include the stand attachment for longer haired Figma?
Asuna really needed it even with the articulated hair, had to steal one from a Haruhi.

Bombless

just got my Kirito and Asuna figmas that I will actually get to open this time.

One thing about Asuna though, why does GSC no longer include the stand attachment for longer haired Figma?
Asuna really needed it even with the articulated hair, had to steal one from a Haruhi.

Yeah, she definitely needs it. Also the special sword accessory for her sword holding loose on mine. Sword doesn't stay in hand if in a downward position.

Yeah, she definitely needs it. Also the special sword accessory for her sword holding loose on mine. Sword doesn't stay in hand if in a downward position.

Yeah same here,
also the right sword grip hand is loose.
I got them in a good pose now though.

Her swords scare the crap out of me.
don't even want to handle them for fear of them snapping

Josephl64

This place is going to be dead until Wonder Fest. :p

So here's a question... In a freak occurrence, a guided missile is thrown off course and hits your home. Your figure collection is annihilated except, miraculously, for five figures. And you get to choose which ones survive the blast. What do you pick?

1. Yagyu Jubei (Alter)
2. Selvaria Bles (Alter)
3. Squid Girl (Kotobukiya)
4. Hacker Chelsea (Alter)
5. Momohime (Alter)

Seeing as I have almost nothing...this is too easy:

1. Erica Hartmann (Alter)
2. Teekee (Sentinel)
3. Uesugi Kenshin (Max Factory)
4. Senhime (Kotobukiya)
5. White ★ Rock Shooter (Max Factory)

So here's a question... In a freak occurrence, a guided missile is thrown off course and hits your home. Your figure collection is annihilated except, miraculously, for five figures. And you get to choose which ones survive the blast. What do you pick?

1. Yagyu Jubei (Alter)
2. Selvaria Bles (Alter)
5. Momohime (Alter)
Speakinf of wonfest, I hope to god jubilee is there.

Giolon

1. Yagyu Jubei (Alter)
2. Selvaria Bles (Alter)
5. Momohime (Alter)

If that happened? First, FML.

1. Selvaria Bles (ebCraft)
2. Asmodeus (Orchid Seed)
3. Risty (MegaHouse)
4. Power Girl (Kotobukiya)
5. Elizabeth (Ques Q)

Samus Aran (Max Factory) barely lost out to Elizabeth, but she's so shiny!

Giolon

Moeyo has some really clear shots of Bishoujo Chun-li's revised face. It's still similar to how it always was, but it appears the glaring flaws have been addressed (misaligned eyes, bird beak of a nose). Still not my favorite Bishoujo face (I just don't like the faces this sculptor does), but I think IK'll be happy to have this Chunners in my collection.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member

RocBase

Moeyo has some really clear shots of Bishoujo Chun-li's revised face. It's still similar to how it always was, but it appears the glaring flaws have been addressed (misaligned eyes, bird beak of a nose). Still not my favorite Bishoujo face (I just don't like the faces this sculptor does), but I think IK'll be happy to have this Chunners in my collection.

I wish they'd just get rid of that brown eye-shadow or whatever it is as it's more distracting than anything else.

gokieks

First 4 are easy:

Fate/Unlimited Codes - Saber Lily - 1/7 - Distant Avalon (Good Smile Company)
Aa Megami-sama - Belldandy - Holy Bell - 1/10 (Max Factory)
The Idolmaster - Miura Azusa - 1/6 - Happy Wedding (Good Smile Company)
Oboro Muramasa - Momohime - 1/8 (Alter)

Last one would probably be either Fate/Unlimited Codes - Saber Lily - 1/7 - Golden Caliburn (Good Smile Company) or Kara no Kyoukai - Ryougi Shiki - 1/7 (Good Smile Company). Golden Caliburn is a better figure, but Distant Avalon is the superior version of Saber Lily. On the other hand, Shiki's getting a re-release, so technically I would be able to get it again w/o paying as much as if I had to replace Golden Caliburn...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Wow, she looks a lot better. I'm glad that I can finally get her because she was a pass before the face change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom