• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

That figure is stunning but the hand puppets ruined it for me. How unfortunate.

Contribution to thread: I think the most elaborate piece I own would be my Ultimate Madoka 1/8th scaled painted figure by Good Smile Company.
are those dog heads removeable? They look silly,

Ikea.com has the black DETOLFs in stock, not available at any of my local stores, though. Shipping kills it, I checked for 2 and 3 shelfs, $129. Hopefully this is a sign that stock is trickling in

Kagami is coming, though gives me three now for June and nothing for may.
Bd9DlYHCMAA4eSA.png:large

That figure is stunning but the hand puppets ruined it for me. How unfortunate.

What is she? Another Rage of Bahamut figure? Glad I ordered Olivia, and I would have bought Dark General if she wasn't exclusive, but fuck having dogs for hands. Yeah, Cerberus, the 3-headed canine who guards the gates of Hades. I get it, ha ha.

Bombless

What is she? Another Rage of Bahamut figure? Glad I ordered Olivia, and I would have bought Dark General if she wasn't exclusive, but fuck having dogs for hands. Yeah, Cerberus, the 3-headed canine who guards the gates of Hades. I get it, ha ha.

Yeah, she has the same eyes as Olivia, so I suspect Rage of Bahamut.

Well after some hard thinking over a 3 way tie I decided to order Saber Lily.
Found a decent price and just can't pass that version up especially after having already owned the classic version. Too bad she only includes Caliburn but I already have both from my broken saber anyway
That is one sharp looking figma.

Rootbeer

Banned
If you missed out on the Mafex Spider-Man like I did (grumble... never saw it restock either), you can finally put away the hankerchief cause they are releasing a new ASM2 version, which you may or may not prefer:

The figure will include a figure stand an web shooting effects pieces. It stands about 16CM (just over 6″) tall. It’s due out in September and will sell for 3,990 Yen (about $38 USD).

Now, many of us recently received the new Figma Spidey, but if you watch a lot of reviews comparing the figma to the mafex, a lot of reviewers prefer the mafex. I think I'll be getting one of these. The Mafex will be a bit taller, which while not major does kinda suck. Spider-Man is not over 6" tall so the figure is not really a true 1/12. TECHNICALLY he should be 5'10" :)

I know the joints are not everyone's thing but you really want this in a Spidey figure so you can maximize the possibilities for ridiculous and awesome spidery poses.

MAFEX-Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg

I kinda like the dog puppets on the Cerberus. They add character -makes for a very unique figure.

Then again I think I was the only one here that liked The False Songstress so maybe I'm too hipster for yall.

chrono01

I like the handy infographic that depicts some of the ways you can hug your new centaur pillow girlfriend. You'd think the first one would be the funniest, given that it's riding, but it's the third with its casual wine drinking pose that got me.

------------------

MF painted Cerberus:

zz9fwJd.jpg

MFC

Pre-orders are tomorrow. The sculpt is impressive as hell, and the paint is nice, but I can't deal with the silly hand puppets.
Ugh! I like her for being unique, even though those dog/hand puppets are a little..."strange". It does add to her uniqueness, though.

I'm going back and forth between pre-ordering her or not. Do I really need someone like her in my collection? If she sells out quickly I'd hate to pay the aftermarket prices, since this is Max Factory so it'll never get a re-release.

I'll decide by tonight, I guess.

I was so close to ordering that same figure.

Omg ;____; how adorable.

I bought her. Only thing I don't like about her is that her base is a bit wobbly. She's better suited to low shelves or something very sturdy that doesn't vibrate when you walk by. Of course, I don't imagine this is an issue with ground-floor rooms. I'd move the detolfs downstars, but I don't want to move those things. Nightmare fuel.

chrono01

She seems to be cheapest at AmiAmi. She's not cheap, though. You're going to end up spending about $100 after shipping.
This is true, but worth every cent.

I still can't believe the lines on her leggings are painted and not a decal. They have some master artists working there at Alter...

She seems to be cheapest at AmiAmi. She's not cheap, though. You're going to end up spending about $100 after shipping.

That's not too bad.

I was planning on ordering a few things from AmiAmi so I can add her to my list.

I need opinions ! I'm torn between these Kuroneko's:

I really love the first one but all of them are great.
I'm torn on which to choose ;___;

chrono01

A little bit more information on Cerberus here:

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2014/01/14/17th-scale-cerberus/

It's interesting to see that, despite her lower legs/feet not being visible in the original artwork, that they worked side-by-side with the illustrator responsible for it to make sure it was up to his liking/suited her appearance.

I think it convinced me to pre-order her. I can see why the hands might prove to be a stopping point for some, though. I personally don't have an issue with it.

chrono01

oh my god, you're such a pushover. XD Holy crap.... 12.7k JPY before discounts.

In other news, how is Wing? They have a Sansei Muramasa figure coming out, and I've always liked the Max Factory version of her, but now N-Y wants $150 for it. FFFFUUUUUUU
Well, to be fair, I was already 50/50, so it didn't take much to push me over the edge. :p

As for Wing, I don't own any figures from them, but from what I've seen they're pretty decent. I've been wanting a Sansei Muramasa in her more...regular clothes [although the Maid Ver. from Max Factory is amazing], so I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on this one.

Ha ha, wow, good eye. It IS a Griffon figure. The other two are from Koto.

Haha. I swear I have other, more useful skills than this.

A little bit more information on Cerberus here:

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2014/01/14/17th-scale-cerberus/

It's interesting to see that, despite her lower legs/feet not being visible in the original artwork, that they worked side-by-side with the illustrator responsible for it to make sure it was up to his liking/suited her appearance.

I think it convinced me to pre-order her. I can see why the hands might prove to be a stopping point for some, though. I personally don't have an issue with it.

You know, pidgeon-toed-is-cute trope aside, the thigh-highs and silver trim on the feet are probably my favourite part of that figure. Good job MF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom