• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their Gurren Lagann is fantastic, and I usually dislike adjustable figures because they feel flimsy. Not Riobot though.

Same here, that Gurren Lagann is one of two (non-Hot Toys) adjustable figures I own, and although it's small I really like it. Good amount of accessories too.

anyone ever sent a question to Manadrake,
how long do they normally take to respond?

Depends on the store but I've had replies as fast as a few hours and never slower than a day. I haven't had to ask many questions though so YMMV.

chrono01

What's the anime called? I wanna see how bad it is.
Soni-Ani: SUPER SONICO THE ANIMATION.

Crunchyroll has it.

It's not a horrible show, but you can tell that it was made just because of her popularity. It really doesn't have any reason to exist, in my opinion, and isn't even really that lewd.

LiK

Crunchyroll has it.

It's not a horrible show, but you can tell that it was made just because of her popularity. It really doesn't have any reason to exist, in my opinion, and isn't even really that lewd.

It's so weird how popular she's become. I still remember accidentally finding a few images of her online. She was so obscure back then that only a handful of sites had any info about her. Now she's everywhere.

Luigi87

It's so weird how popular she's become. I still remember accidentally finding a few images of her online. She was so obscure back then that only a handful of sites had any info about her. Now she's everywhere.

I feel the exact same way.
Now a video game, an anime, etc. just, yikes.

Bombless

Don't forget Super Sonico dakimakura, including this one.

Yes, your eyes do not deceive you. Her "oppai" is indeed 3D.

Oh Japan, never change.

3D is the only way to go for dakimakuras. And I don't even own any.

Slightly off topic, but I laughed to tears when Danny Choo posted this dakimakura :
OMIfdiV.jpg

Never change indeed.

chrono01

I actually own one that came bundled with a Dengeki G's Festival magazine [Matsunaga Tsubame from Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!].

It's...definitely something unique.

Also, OH GOD that dakimakura. I...have no words. o_O

Crunchyroll has it.

Do not listen to this man. He's insane. The Super Sonico Animation is the most boring thing you're likely to see this season. It pains me to say this when we also have not one, but TWO shitty Nobunaga anime. This is what happens when you attempt to build something of merit out of a character that was never intended for anything more than pin-up art and tedious marketing bullshit. She's still adorable, but the anime is pretty bad.

Bombless

He posted that with the question "Suppose you fall in love with this girl...then you find out she's a horse. What do you do?"

Best answer was : "Ride it."

Also yes, Soni-Ani is terrible. Product Placement - The Anime basically. And the headphones never come off. Ever.

chrono01

Do not listen to this man. He's insane. The Super Sonico Animation is the most boring thing you're likely to see this season. It pains me to say this when we also have not one, but TWO shitty Nobunaga anime. This is what happens when you attempt to build something of merit out of a character that was never intended for anything more than pin-up art and tedious marketing bullshit. She's still adorable, but the anime is pretty bad.
Hey, I didn't say it was good or anything, just not "horrible". Perhaps my pain tolerance is higher than yours when it comes to bad anime?

I view it as one of those "slice-of-life" anime, where nothing really happens. It's not recommended by me, nor I can say that it is well-made, but it's not the worst anime I've watched [it's absolutely on the lower-tier, though]. As I said, it's definitely something that shouldn't have been made, though. I mean, considering the source material [she's a gravure model/musician], how can you transition that into an anime that will make people want to watch it weekly? Well, I suppose there was Idolmaster, although I never personally watched that.

meijiko

I really like the idea behind Sonico's design--heaphones, pink hair, straight bangs, a music theme--but I really dislike most of her figures. Most of them are in a boring, awkward, or lewd pose with minimal clothing that's too small for her, no one can seem to agree on her body type aside from the fact that she has massive boobs, and in general she just feels generic and bland as a character.

Yes I am fully aware I am not in the intended audience.

Hey, I didn't say it was good or anything, just not "horrible". Perhaps my pain tolerance is higher than yours when it comes to bad anime?

Of that I have no doubt. I only made it up to episode 8 of Queen's Blade, and even that much got me praise from AnimeGAF for my bravery. ;)

I view it as one of those "slice-of-life" anime, where nothing really happens. It's not recommended by me, nor I can say that it is well-made, but it's not the worst anime I've watched [it's absolutely on the lower-tier, though].

I like slice-of-life anime. This is more along the lines of Slice-of-Super-Sonico's-Super-Boring-Life.

Well, I suppose there was Idolmaster, although I never personally watched that.

I couldn't even finish the first episode of that series.

Slightly off topic, but I laughed to tears when Danny Choo posted this dakimakura :
http://i.imgur.com/OMIfdiV.jpg[MG]

Never change indeed.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.tshirtcompany.ie/static/media/uploads/My%20Eyes.jpg

kewlmyc

HEY! Nobunagun is....decent.

RocBase

I never knew there were togainu no chi figures, and damaged version even, hot.
tumblr_mzcqkaYd4C1qbxqfpo1_500.png
Yeah! Those figures are def lovely, it's a shame we never did get any of the other characters beyond the one-coins.
I actually just got my hands on their military versions for some $165 total, which is a steal considering that one alone typically goes for well over that price. I got the white Akira and black Shiki.

RE: WonFes Expectations, I'm trying to keep them on the down low but I would like to at least see:
– Koto sculpts of Levi and Jubilee
– Painted Free! characters Haru and Makoto by Alter
– Figma prototype(s) of Free! character(s)
– Max Factory sculpt of the second DMMd character (though I could settle with just the reveal of who it is, even if there's no sculpt just a paper announcement of who it's based on will do it for me)

^I hope I hope I hope. She's one of those figures that's been in the sculpt stage for quite a while, along with Alter Labrys and that God Eater 2 chick from GSC.

Kazzy

Whoa, whoa, whoa. KLK is great. Did you see the last episode? It was perfect.

Eh, I'm really disappointed in it, personally.

----------------------

Anywho, can anyone tell me the relative availability if the Rei (Evangelion) figma? I have the other two and would like to complete the set, pretty much for the cool image of them all in their pilot seats.

The only thing that I *really* want to see from WonFes is the painted version of GSC's Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade.

Id gladly just take a figma but I don't have much hope she will ever happen, so I will probably just get her if she looks good enough painted.

Anywho, can anyone tell me the relative availability if the Rei (Evangelion) figma? I have the other two and would like to complete the set, pretty much for the cool image of them all in their pilot seats.
All figma are a pain in the butt to get after release.
Once sites sell out of Figma they are almost always done they rarely ever do more shipments and out of 200+ figures they have only ever rereleased 3 or 4.
best to watch Mandarake, Ebay or for someone selling on MFC

Edit: actually Amazon has some around $60

Wish Mandarake would message me back about the condition of their Sabers quickly,

Josephl64

I feel the exact same way.
Now a video game, an anime, etc. just, yikes.

She's had the game for the longest time...it's pretty much the same thing as the PC ver., only the 3DS one is new

He posted that with the question "Suppose you fall in love with this girl...then you find out she's a horse. What do you do?"

Best answer was : "Ride it."

Also yes, Soni-Ani is terrible. Product Placement - The Anime basically. And the headphones never come off. Ever.

...I kinda like Sonico, but it is a cash-in...it's never going to be great and I don't expect it to be

also the headphones do come off...they even showed so in the anime. She just rarely ever takes them off

Deprive

Sonico gets another figma...

Where the hell is Marth and Guyver :|

Also I did not know that Bandai made El Shaddai dart prototypes. I would have bought em Bandai :\

Sonico gets another figma...

Where the hell is Marth?

Have a feeling next time we see it,
this version shows up instead
original.jpg

Even if it was originally intended to actually be Lucina I have a feeling with Marth's announcement for the next Smash Bros they decide to cash in on that instead.
Which would be dumb because with the awakening version you could have 2 for 1 if they just include an alternative head which isn't uncommon

Dead

well not really...yet
Have a feeling next time we see it,
this version shows up instead
original.jpg

Even if it was originally intended to actually be Lucina I have a feeling with Marth's announcement for the next Smash Bros they decide to cash in on that instead.
Which would be dumb because with the awakening version you could have 2 for 1 if they just include an alternative head which isn't uncommon
ew

I like the handy infographic that depicts some of the ways you can hug your new centaur pillow girlfriend. You'd think the first one would be the funniest, given that it's riding, but it's the third with its casual wine drinking pose that got me.

------------------

MF painted Cerberus:

zz9fwJd.jpg

MFC

Pre-orders are tomorrow. The sculpt is impressive as hell, and the paint is nice, but I can't deal with the silly hand puppets.

Sent Mandarake a question on Wednesday and still haven't received an answer.
Guess I have to buy the figure elsewhere, too bad because that was a great price.

Kazzy

All figma are a pain in the butt to get after release.
Once sites sell out of Figma they are almost always done they rarely ever do more shipments and out of 200+ figures they have only ever rereleased 3 or 4.
best to watch Mandarake, Ebay or for someone selling on MFC

Thanks, appreciated! Kind of ironic that I solicit advice from here, seeing as I actually live really close to Akihabara. Just wanted to ask before I go looking again, though.

I like the handy infographic that depicts some of the ways you can hug your new centaur pillow girlfriend. You'd think the first one would be the funniest, given that it's riding, but it's the third with its casual wine drinking pose that got me.

------------------

MF painted Cerberus:

zz9fwJd.jpg

MFC

Pre-orders are tomorrow. The sculpt is impressive as hell, and the paint is nice, but I can't deal with the silly hand puppets.

That figure is stunning but the hand puppets ruined it for me. How unfortunate.

Contribution to thread: I think the most elaborate piece I own would be my Ultimate Madoka 1/8th scaled painted figure by Good Smile Company.

johnsmith

remember me
Gonna have to pass on Cerberus. I loved the sculpt but the painted version isn't doing it for me. Plus she's too expensive and I know nothing about the source. I need to stop buying random figures this year, and she's as random as you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom