• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
After watching the first two episodes, I can say that this has been driving me nuts. Otherwise, I think the show's okay-ish but I may end up dropping it anyway.

I don't really understand what the point of Sonico is. Is she just like... a pinup girl or something who wound up getting really popular and generating a lot of merchandise? I watched some of the first episode and I don't know, life seems too short for that.

I don't really understand what the point of Sonico is. Is she just like... a pinup girl or something who wound up getting really popular and generating a lot of merchandise? I watched some of the first episode and I don't know, life seems too short for that.

Yes. The anime is just marketing.

gokieks

I can't stand Sonico, both in terms of character design and what she represents as (IMO) an incredibly cynical marketing tool, but obviously I seem to be in the minority on that one.

LiK

I can't stand Sonico, both in terms of character design and what she represents as (IMO) an incredibly cynical marketing tool, but obviously I seem to be in the minority on that one.
i cannot disagree. I liked when she was more normal and a marketing tool. As I mentioned before, I'm not a fan of her being a character that does all this fetishy type stuff these days. I'm just waiting for a full blown official hentai with her cuz that will happen.

Dragoshi1

In February, I'm looking into getting the Azone 1/6 Honoka from Love Live. HLJ has her cheap.

Anyone own any Azone dolls? What's the general consensus on 'em? Good? Bad? Meh?

I went looking around for info on 'em, the only thing is that apparently she is new, just released, so there aren't any reviews or first hand accounts out yet.

Also saw Monsterarts Biollante is available at my local shop, but $230 is too steep a price to pay.

So how good is Chara-Ani? Because OHMYGODINEEDTHIS

C14100049LL1-noscale.jpg

130mm and 6.4k JPY. She should be going up tonight. Only downside is she's ANOTHER May release.

RMI

Banned
BiJ have MH Amazon up with 20% discount. 7,395 JPY.

that's a good price, but I don't know it's not doing it for me. It's a shame, because Amazon is definitely my favorite design from Dragon's Crown. I just don't think she translates all that well into 3D. I think a figure less faithful to the original art would actually be better in her case.

BiJ have MH Amazon up with 20% discount. 7,395 JPY.

Wait to see what AmiAmi wants. I don't have anything for July pre-ordered yet except Maka. If I can keep it at just those two for the month, I'll be happy. Though I know it won't happen with Wonfest coming up.

N-Y have Junko for a small discount. 8,990 JPY.

I know johnsmith is trying to get everyone to buy her, but that hair color looks too off from the prototype for me to drop anything more than $60 or so.

chrono01

I was very worried about Junko. I had her pre-ordered at AmiAmi and, after hearing/viewing the release impressions/pictures, I didn't know what to expect. I was pleased when mine arrived with hair color close to the prototype and no noticeable flaws [that I can personally see, anyway].

I think the problem with Junko is that there's a varying level in her quality of control. Some are getting ones such as myself, while others apparently have a much darker hair color/shade, as well as other issues. Since it's not guaranteed that you'll receive one similar to mine, she can be difficult to recommend, but I really liked the way she turned out. I'd still like her hair to be lighter, but everything else is great. Especially her legs. HER LEGS!

As for Amazon, I'll definitely be pre-ordering her tonight from AmiAmi [I will post a 360 degree picture if I can find one!]. I didn't pre-order Cerberus yet, something is telling me to wait. I'll likely see what's unveiled at Wonderfes in the coming days and then decide.

As for Amazon, I'll definitely be pre-ordering her tonight from AmiAmi [I will post a 360 degree picture if I can find one!]. I didn't pre-order Cerberus yet, something is telling me to wait. I'll likely see what's unveiled at Wonderfes in the coming days and then decide.

I'll probably be with you for Amazon. I don't think we have to worry about a sellout because most people think she looks weird as fuck.

As for Cerberus, that thing telling you to wait is the part of you that realizes dog-hands are fucking stupid.

chrono01

I'll probably be with you for Amazon. I don't think we have to worry about a sellout because most people think she looks weird as fuck.

As for Cerberus, that thing telling you to wait is the part of you that realizes dog-hands are fucking stupid.
I wouldn't worry about selling out, Elf is still available for pre-order and she looks incredible. But then, Amazon does have hometown...

Regarding Cerberus, I think that's the issue for me. I'm really not sure how I feel about "those things", so I've decided to wait a bit and see how I feel about it later. :/

RMI

Banned
As for Amazon, I'll definitely be pre-ordering her tonight from AmiAmi [I will post a 360 degree picture if I can find one!].

I'm looking forward to seeing it, but I fear it'll confirm what the two profile shots on BiJ confirm: that she looks weird as fuck from the side. I know that's not the intended display angle, but I don't want figs that look great under the ideal condition, I want figs that look great all the time from most if not every angle. The price is not terrible though, and I can imagine a future where if I don't wind up pre-ordering I pick one up down the road at a lower price on impulse.

Bombless

Right there with you.

Yeup. Ordered as hell.

She does seem to have the lack-of-nipples problem that was even more obvious on the Alphamax Sorceress, but she still looks great.

Speaking of Sorceress, I think I'm definitely gonna end up grabbing the MH Sorceress, so I have the whole set. She looks way better than the Alphamax version.

RMI

Banned
Honestly the amazon looks better than my first impression especially in the rotating gif, but if i preorder amazon that basically means I gotta get sorceress too, and in terms of dsiplay I think I can probably put elf which i'm committed to alongside momohime and gwendolyn, and have a nice little Kamitani area OR I can have a Dragon's Crown area with all three heroines. Both seem reasonable, but with limited display space and some other figs already on the way and a few I have notifications for on Fig In Stock, I'm partial towards the former.

Luckily I can afford to be a little indecisive. Elf hasn't sold out, and I don't expect Amazon to go quickly either. I'm going shelf shopping this weekend and planning on setting a rough budget for the year, so maybe there will be literal and figurative room in my future for a trio of Dragon's Crown figs.

I think you guys are going to be really happy with her though. Hopefully MH delivers on all these figs.

Giolon

She does seem to have the lack-of-nipples problem that was even more obvious on the Alphamax Sorceress, but she still looks great.

Speaking of Sorceress, I think I'm definitely gonna end up grabbing the MH Sorceress, so I have the whole set. She looks way better than the Alphamax version.

MH Sorceress's sculpt looks great. If her paintjob comes out as well as Amazon and Elf, I'll definitely have to pick her up too.

And why look for Amazon's nipples when you can look at everything else? XD

And why look for Amazon's nipples when you can look at everything else? XD

It's just that the lack of nipples is a bit odd considering the place where they should be is exposed. Though I consider it to be more of a costume issue than anatomy. They couldn't just make the bras cover a tiny bit more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom