• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite fond of her. She was an impulse buy, so I ended up paying the full $90-ish for her. But she's pretty great. The ridiculous base is what draws your attention to her, but the pose is a perfect depiction of her.

You gonna get Tsukihi as well?

debating, but if I get karen... probably? lol. I just have to wait for mandarake to get more karens. They run for 6k preown and 9k new on amiami.

I actually haven't seen anything of this series. Is it worth watching?
I'm not even familiar with the premise of it but I see it everywhere as of lately.

bakemono is good. Its not your typical anime outside the initial harem. Nisemono is way more fanservice. I heard monogatari (the 3rd entry) is also very good.

Do it. Most of it is on Crunchyroll. When I started I blew through something like 35 episodes in a week.

Awesome.

I finished Beyond the Boundary and have only seen the first 2 episodes of Kill la Kill. I've been hella' busy with school + working so I haven't actually made the time for my weekly anime fix.

I have quite a bit to watch, it seems.

Awesome.

I finished Beyond the Boundary and have only seen the first 2 episodes of Kill la Kill. I've been hella' busy with school + working so I haven't actually made the time for my weekly anime fix.

go watch psycho pass instead.

My top anime so far are in no order for 3-5

1) steins gate
2) psycho pass
3) FMA: Brotherhood
4) Baccano
5) Gurren Lagann

bakemonogatari is probably like 6 or 7. Death note is like 10th ...Maybe. Code geas season 1 is somewhere around 7-8.

I think crunchyroll only organizes it into Bakemonogatari and Monogatari. Watch the former first. But you may be annoyed that they don't (as in no longer) have the last couple of episodes of Bake-, which conclude that last story arc. Those eps were the OVA, which CR no longer seems to have the rights to.... or sumthin'. But you can either run to wiki for the rundown, or watch them elsewhere. I think it's all covered in one of the 6,000 recap episodes during Monogatari anyway.

I usually just lurk and don't stray out of collecting anything but Transformers but I just pulled the trigger on the Foxbox Inari and ordered him from toywiz after being enamored with him since he was posted in the previous thread.

cYIz7wF.jpg

I also put in a pre-order for their upcoming Zeus figure who looks awesome.

Have a feeling next time we see it,
this version shows up instead
original.jpg

Even if it was originally intended to actually be Lucina I have a feeling with Marth's announcement for the next Smash Bros they decide to cash in on that instead.
Which would be dumb because with the awakening version you could have 2 for 1 if they just include an alternative head which isn't uncommon

Swapable heads, and for SSB Wii U/3DS I'm hoping that
they can be skin/costume swapped ala Wii Fit Trainer male/female versions

Don't know what this figma's of but it sold out almost right away?
5c062c0d-s.jpg

go watch psycho pass instead.

My top anime so far are in no order for 3-5

1) steins gate
2) psycho pass
3) FMA: Brotherhood
4) Baccano
5) Gurren Lagann

bakemonogatari is probably like 6 or 7. Death note is like 10th ...Maybe. Code geas season 1 is somewhere around 7-8.

Ehhh.... FMA doesn't belong on a top ten list. Maybe I've just seen too much between the manga, the first tv series, and then Brotherhood, but I'll never care about that franchise again. And while I haven't seen Psycho Pass, I've heard mixed things about it. But I guess it wouldn't be getting a second season if it were complete dog shit.

Also, why no Toradora?

I usually just lurk and don't stray out of collecting anything but Transformers but I just pulled the trigger on the Foxbox Inari and ordered him from toywiz after being enamored with him since he was posted in the previous thread.

Those are pretty awesome. What ungodly amounts of money do they go for?

Don't know what this figma's of but it sold out almost right away?
5c062c0d-s.jpg

Super Sonico? Where you been, son?

Ehhh.... FMA doesn't belong on a top ten list. Maybe I've just seen too much between the manga, the first tv series, and then Brotherhood, but I'll never care about that franchise again. And while I haven't seen Psycho Pass, I've heard mixed things about it. But I guess it wouldn't be getting a second season if it were complete dog shit.

Also, why no Toradora?

Most complaints about psycho pass is that its like minority report, which I understand but its not like it at all. Its more like a detective movie + futuristic setting. The enforcer + inspector relationship is very interesting to me.

Brotherhood is good because I erased my memories of the original. Its a fun adventure anime that doesn't drag on forever.

Also, I haven't seen tora dora.

Super Sonico? Where you been, son?

Not too sure XD, checking wikipedia there's an anime and first episode synopsis =
Sonico wakes up late and prepares food for her pet cats. She meets people as she rush towards to the college and still ends up late on her class, which her professor praises her intellect but criticizes for her tardiness. After her class, she engages on a photo shoot with a lecherous client. After an array of shoots, the client requests Sonico to wear a much revealing outfit but thanks to the intervention of Mr. Kitamura, Sonico's manager, she does not. After the photo shoot, she helps her grandmother on a bar where a baseball team is their usual patron giving praises on Sonico's growth. After a phone call from her bandmates, she meets up with Suzu, the bassist, and Fuuri, the drummer. They practice a new song that Suzu composed.

I'll check the anime out but reading episode 1 was:
mcfly-huh.gif.pagespeed.ce.KQSO3xPE5e.gif

That's an anime??!!?

XD

And I read/watch D-Fragments =P

just finished nisemonogatari. Now I want a Karen figure but none are available at mandarake. Amiami is like 3k more expensive lol
Not for everyone but Figma is a pretty good option,
You could get every character of the series(besides Shinobu currently) for about the price of one high quality figure.

Not too sure XD, checking wikipedia there's an anime and first episode synopsis =

That's an anime??!!

Oh god no, don't. Please don't. It's terrible. Super Sonico was just a character for pin-up art and whatnot. The anime is just a blatant attempt at marketing.

THE HEADPHONES NEVER COME OFF!

NEVER!

meijiko

mcfly-huh.gif.pagespeed.ce.KQSO3xPE5e.gif

That's an anime??!!?

XD

And I read/watch D-Fragments =P

A few pages ago we were talking about how terrible the anime is. Don't do it! It was only made as a way to try and increase Sonico's popularity, but you don't need to watch the anime to understand Sonico.

This is all you need to know to understand Sonico.

Oh god no, don't. Please don't. It's terrible. Super Sonico was just a character for pin-up art and whatnot. The anime is just a blatant attempt at marketing.

NEVER!
Some how reminds me of a Doctor Who episode where everyone had headsets and taking it out takes out a piece of the brain (IIRC), so don't take the headset out XD
A few pages ago we were talking about how terrible the anime is. Don't do it! It was only made as a way to try and increase Sonico's popularity, but you don't need to watch the anime to understand Sonico.

This is all you need to know to understand Sonico.
Got it, don't find the character appealing tbph, most figure looks meh at a glance, so I'll stay away from her if I can XD

Superior choice!
*High fives* =D

Bombless

Having finally watched (and finished) SBYamato 2199, I am inclined to agree with those who say that MegaHouse's Akira Yamamoto didn't come out well.

george_us

Man whenever I see Gurren Lagann in a Top 5/Top 10 list, it makes me feel like my soul is broken for not being able to enjoy it as much as everyone else.

Man whenever I see Gurren Lagann in a Top 5/Top 10 list, it makes me feel like my soul is broken for not being able to enjoy it as much as everyone else.

most people like either the first half or the 2nd half. Its just a fun adventure that doesn't take itself seriously. Too many entertainment mediums try to be gritty, dark and serious. Its good to have a plain old adventure done right

gokieks

It could be better, but I really don't think the MegaHouse Akira Yamamoto is that bad. Admittedly that's partially probably just because I really like the character (and absolutely love the pose). And since I also have Yuki Mori (and have ordered Melda Dietz), it makes for a nice set together.

Still up for preorder on amiami

I'm kind of glad I haven't watched Yamato, because some of the Yamato Girls figs look great.

She was sold out at one point, they must have opened pre-orders back up. Melda is actually the first Yamato figure I've ordered. Was going to get Rei, but I accidentally cancelled her from AmiAmi, which was a happy accident with the way she turned out. I'm thinking about getting that Makoto Harada figure, as MH is working with Alter on her, but March has Olivia, Risty and Melda already. And March is right before April and May, which are the real butt-fuck months for my AmiAmi bills.

RMI

Banned
She was sold out at one point, they must have opened pre-orders back up. Melda is actually the first Yamato figure I've ordered.

She looks really nice. I try to not buy figures unless I'm familiar with the source material, otherwise I would have pulled the trigger for sure.

In other news, I'm so weak. was not going to buy any more figures, but just got a fig in stock notice for Rin Kagamine Nuclear Fusion 1/8. My first B/B from AmiAmi, hopefully I have the same excellent experience many of you seem to have had.

george_us

most people like either the first half or the 2nd half. Its just a fun adventure that doesn't take itself seriously. Too many entertainment mediums try to be gritty, dark and serious. Its good to have a plain old adventure done right
I wasn't fond of any of the characters outside of Kamina. It felt like all of the characters except him took everything way too seriously for the show it was trying to be.

I wasn't fond of any of the characters outside of Kamina. It felt like all of the characters except him took everything way too seriously for the show it was trying to be.

I liked the overall journey. To me it started out like as a journey based on curiosity, and from there it kept growing. It just felt satisfying.

Inari looks incredible. Kinda bummed I had missed out, but I haven't discovered him till now.

Ryuuroden

Most complaints about psycho pass is that its like minority report, which I understand but its not like it at all. Its more like a detective movie + futuristic setting. The enforcer + inspector relationship is very interesting to me.

Brotherhood is good because I erased my memories of the original. Its a fun adventure anime that doesn't drag on forever.

Also, I haven't seen tora dora.

Maybe people don't like the ending because its not your typical
good guys completely win in the end
. Personally, I thought it was a perfect ending for what the entire story actually told. Any other ending would of been a cop-out.

Maybe people don't like the ending because its not your typical
good guys completely win in the end
. Personally, I thought it was a perfect ending for what the entire story actually told. Any other ending would of been a cop-out.

well to be fair...it does lead up to season 2 lol. And maybe the movie.

Chun Li Bishoujo is up for preorder on the KotoUS store.

I went to check on Amazon to see if it was available there. No hits outside of third party, but I did I find bishoujo Cammy available for preorder. Prime eligible too. Is this legit? Just seems weird for the Cammy figure to beat the Chun to Amazon.

johnsmith

remember me
Chun Li Bishoujo is up for preorder on the KotoUS store.

I went to check on Amazon to see if it was available there. No hits outside of third party, but I did I find bishoujo Cammy available for preorder. Prime eligible too. Is this legit? Just seems weird for the Cammy figure to beat the Chun to Amazon.
It's shipped and sold by amazon, of course it is.

NEVER!

After watching the first two episodes, I can say that this has been driving me nuts. Otherwise, I think the show's okay-ish but I may end up dropping it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom