• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Check the recent pics on MFC. It looks to me like they fixed it.

Hmm, are we sure they're not just avoiding those shots? She used to look cross-eyed when looking at her from the right. They left her boobs lop-sided, so I figured they kept her eyes the same too.

I do want an Amazon, though. This is the only Amazon that's been announced, right?

johnsmith

remember me
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4133/Nendoroid+Snow+Miku+Magical+Snow+Ver.html
Good Smile Online Price: ¥4,629
This product will be available at the GOOD SMILE ONLINE SHOP. Orders can be placed between the 9th February 2013 from 16:00JST and the 17th February 2013 from 21:00JST.
http://goodsmile-wf-global.ecq.sc/wh19gscnenwd00001.html

I can't handle this much cuteness omg

yvmrMPt.png

TNyJLyO.png

Deprive

Wonder why those HxH figmas are getting a rerelease, thought they shelf warmed. :|
That Benten is beautiful..

Depending on what's shown next month and what Devil's Cheerleader looks like... I pretty much have my 2014 planned out now. Was going to get Mystique, but the pose is really boring.

Sushigod7

Anyone from figure gaf in NYC? Going to be in the city next week wondering if there are any good shops to check out. I have the usual game stores but didn't look for figures last time.

johnsmith

remember me
This is a GSC shop exclusive?

Yep.

Depending on what's shown next month and what Devil's Cheerleader looks like... I pretty much have my 2014 planned out now. Was going to get Mystique, but the pose is really boring.
Oh someone else is a rockin jelly bean fan too. I ordered Mystique as soon as I saw her. The post is a little plain but I love the look overall. And if she's like Sue she'll sell for hundreds in a couple of years, so best to get her while she's cheaper.

I'll probably pass on the cheerleader though. Those nipples are ridiculous, though I still really want to see her painted.

LiK

Yep.

Oh someone else is a rockin jelly bean fan too. I ordered Mystique as soon as I saw her. The post is a little plain but I love the look overall. And if she's like Sue she'll sell for hundreds in a couple of years, so best to get her while she's cheaper.

I'll probably pass on the cheerleader though. Those nipples are ridiculous, though I still really want to see her painted.

Alright, I need to be prepared.

Oh come on, this is just unfair. my wallet :-(

Yep. I swore I'd never order from GSC again after they screwed me out of a Snow Miku AND the last Nendo debacle.

My resolved lasted until I saw this...

Speaking of being weak and lacking restraint, I'll probably order Elf and Amazon this weekend. It's a fucking sickness...

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, also ordered the Amazon and I'll probably end up getting Sorceress too.

If she doesn't melt your heart, then it's harder and colder than solid ice.

Oh, she does. And she's probably going to be my first Nendo if they manage to avoid the apocalyptic fuck-up from the last snow Miku release. But I don't want to be one of those people that ends up with 233 nendoroids.

Deprive

Yeah that Sue goes for crazy prices. Hopefully their next piece doesn't take what 3.. 4 years again. Hope they do Black Cat or Emma next time if they do.

Think the Cheerleader is suppose to go up for po this month, so hopefully some painted photos will show up soon.

StayDead

RMI

Banned
Yep. I swore I'd never order from GSC again after they screwed me out of a Snow Miku AND the last Nendo debacle.

My resolved lasted until I saw this...

Speaking of being weak and lacking restraint, I'll probably order Elf and Amazon this weekend. It's a fucking sickness...

I have been avoiding Miku nendos. I'm a huge Miku fan, and didn't want to fall down that rabbit hole. Here we go I guess.

unrelated, has anybody ever ordered storefront items from Mandarake and had them not reply to you with the shipping cost / payment request? I've ordered from them before, but don't remember it taking very long to get back to me. It's been over two days now and I haven't heard a peep from them.

chrono01

AmiAmi's Blog continues to be a great source of interesting/disturbing quotes from their reviews/previews. Take, for example, their review of Cammy [Kotobukiya]:

http://amiamiblog.com/amiamiblog/20...shoujo-cammy-17-complete-figure-by-kotobukiya

..This battle bishoujo could kick me to the curb without breaking a sweat--and I'd love every blow! So long as I got to grate cheese on her abs afterward.

Remember to floss everyday, boys and girls! I'm no dentist so I can't comment on the health effects of using butt floss like Cammy's leotard, but I can say that it contributes to a healthy smile. Just don't get that string caught in your teeth because KER-POW! She's spinning around for a vicious backhand.

Hot damn! Oh, to be the size of a man's thumb so I might climb up the rocky folds of her shoulders. And should I fall, it's a slide down the folds of her leotard into the fleshy crack below. What, am I the only one that has fantasies about forty-foot women?

RocBase

I thought I might buy Benten on principle, but I don't know that I love him enough to justify the price.

Same, the sculpt is fantastic but I don't love it enough to splash what will surely be over 12k yen.

But as usual Max Factory outdo themselves, they've got to be the best JP figure makers imo.

Same, the sculpt is fantastic but I don't love it enough to splash what will surely be over 12k yen.

But as usual Max Factory outdo themselves, they've got to be the best JP figure makers imo.

I don't really care how much it is as long as it's under 15k, and DOESN'T RELEASE IN MAY. I missed Aoba because I read the wiki page for the source material and was like "omg boy-love, eww I'm out." And I ended up missing a really awesome figure. So I will buy this equally awesome figure. You can't really lose with Max Factory, and you know the price is going to skyrocket once he's sold out.

george_us

What's wrong with dude figs? :/
I WISH I could find some dude figs of characters that I liked.

I might pick up those Figurearts Zero Goku and Trunks figures. Vegeta looks pretty hot too.

It just so happens that most of the figures I really like are chicks though.

RocBase

I don't really care how much it is as long as it's under 15k, and DOESN'T RELEASE IN MAY. I missed Aoba because I read the wiki page for the source material and was like "omg boy-love, eww I'm out." And I ended up missing a really awesome figure. So I will buy this equally awesome figure. You can't really lose with Max Factory, and you know the price is going to skyrocket once he's sold out.
lmao watch it release in may

On a serious note though I feel you. Depending on how steep his price tag is I'll take my chances on a potential sale, if Belldandy is anything to go by...she's beautiful but I've seen her go as low as 11k.
I'm curious to see how Sheryl ends up on the market too as she's also closer to the 20k range.

My only non-nendo or trading figures I have are male.

Wasn't really all that big into buying figures so the only ones I have are the Altair Flynn and the Revoltech Iyeasu.

I should probably buy more figures if I wasn't feel so cheap.

Jayhawk

My collection of male figures has grown recently due to my collection of One Piece POP figures. Some of the male figures I own are among the more expensive pieces in my collection - Hot Toys Batman, Iron Man, Joker, Captain America, and soon Superman (from Man of Steel). My Snake, Raiden, and some Final Fantasy male character figures are about the same price as the rest of my collection.

It sucks that I have to delay the displaying of my figures even more. I was in the process of building my custom Besta shelving system with my own concealed LED strips and already have most of it put together. I have to move (unexpectedly, but still in the same city) in a few months, so I postponed the remaining project work until I move.

Man I hate my fellow figure customizers, http://www.tomopop.com/chibi-toro-does-fate-zero-figma-customs-mf-probably-wont-28698.phtml
Not only does it make me sad at certain things we will never likely see(Other S;G characters, Shinji from Eva, other Fate characters like Zero Berserker, etc)
but also makes me want to get into customizing that specific line (Figma in this case) but its so dang expensive trying to get fodder for lines like this.

Edit: a Jack Bauer custom figma? Lol
It sucks that I have to delay the displaying of my figures even more. I was in the process of building my custom Besta shelving system with my own concealed LED strips and already have most of it put together. I have to move (unexpectedly, but still in the same city) in a few months, so I postponed the remaining project work until I move.
Im in a similar position, sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom