• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPARSTARX

Someone else's collection from sideshowfreaks. All 1/4 scaled. I want everything minus the Predator stuff.
NsHmrBj.jpg

Dam that's crazy expensive for a 1/7 piece that is pvc. Thankfully I ain't feeling the piece. She looks a little off. I dont dig the face or body but love the base and green tails (whatever they are)

There's a reason bro:
The muse of the underworld with the utmost beautiful legs!

From the popular manga serialized in Monthly ASUKA magazine, 'ZONE-00' comes a 1/7th scale figure of the male character with a womanly touch – Benten!

The figure is based on a beautiful illustration by Kiyo QJO – and has been faithfully recreated in all aspects! He is sure to capture the attention of anyone who looks his way, and fans can enjoy his company by their side at all times!

See if you can spot it ;P

chrono01

I don't even have to tell you that 20k is still absurd. You know this already.

I'll forgive them if they do an Aoba reissue.
Yes, it is absurd. And yet, according to MFC, people are still pre-ordering him.

I'm not one to question other's buying habits, though. As you know, I buy a lot of figures. The heart wants what the heart wants, I guess. If it makes them happy, that is all that matters.

I really hope these higher price-points don't become a habit, though. :/

Yes, it is absurd. And yet, according to MFC, people are still pre-ordering him.

I'm not one to question other's buying habits, though. As you know, I buy a lot of figures. The heart wants what the heart wants, I guess. If it makes them happy, that is all that matters.

If they want to drop that kind of money for one figure, fine. I won't. That's going to come out to around $250 after shipping... That kind of coin can get most of us three or so regular figures.

chrono01

If they want to drop that kind of money for one figure, fine. I won't. That's going to come out to around $250 after shipping... That kind of coin can get most of us three or so regular figures.

I heard something about the possibility of Max Factory making other characters from the series (DRAMAtical Murder). If they go through with that, they would most assuredly reissue Aoba.
It's already confirmed that they're making another character from the series.

As for a re-release, I wouldn't count on it. Max Factory hardly ever does re-releases [the only three I can think of are the Samus/Link figma's and Zero Suit Samus scaled figure], and even when they release another character from the series, I doubt they'd go back and re-release an older figure in the line. They're definitely not GSC, in that regard.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

As for a re-release, I wouldn't count on it. Max Factory hardly ever does re-releases [the only three I can think of are the Samus/Link figma's and Zero Suit Samus scaled figure], and even when they release another character from the series, I doubt they'd go back and re-release an older figure in the line. They're definitely not GSC, in that regard.

Eh, maybe the next one will be even more awesome than Aoba.

...Then they'll want 30k for him. XD

Given the increase in-price as of late, it wouldn't surprise me.

Seriously, if this continues, I am going to cut back on my figure budget. A lot.

I think these price increases are mainly going to affect the bigger, more complex figures. The pricing on standard figures without any overly-complex sculpting will probably stay as is.

If not, I'll be buying like, a half-dozen of these per year.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Also the original Kurisu Figma was rereleased recently to go with Okabe and the Labcoat version of Kurisu.
But yeah its very rare to happen.

chrono01

Also the original Kurisu Figma was rereleased recently to go with Okabe and the Labcoat version of Kurisu.
But yeah its very rare to happen.
I forgot about that one.

They also did a "revised" Saber/Kiritsugu from Fate/Zero, although it wasn't a direct re-release more of an...improved release.

so my friend ordered the benten figure. I was like "hey that boy toy you said looked cool is up on sale but its pricey"

9:56 PM - xxxx: ah
9:57 PM - xxxx: he's available
9:57 PM - xxxx: he seems worth it
9:58 PM - xxxx: whee
9:58 PM - xxxx: preordered

RocBase

For what it's worth Benten's doing fine on JP!Amazon so far, debuting at Rank 6. Though like Chrono already said I really hope this doesn't become a habit, but at the same time I can imagine that MF won't really have any incentive to lower shit if they see that people will still buy their figures in droves, regardless of how high they set the price.

Honestly, if they're the type that buy fewer figures than the general amount you guys do, the money spent probably evens out in the end. Assuming they're not as interested in the proposed selection out there, so they'd have a smaller pool of things to choose from by default, they wouldn't even be able to effortlessly buy up to 3 desired figures if they wanted to since they're, well...not even there to spend the money on.

I hope its Noiz!
scJ3PzM.gif

But holy shit @ that shriveled up parcel. "Handled with care" alright.

EDIT: Just read the source, and their content actually survived?!

Bombless

This is not a figure, but I just ordered this piece of valuable learning material :

Delta force, Navy SEALs.... from the well known to not too very known, this book will explain you all kinds of US Special Forces using fully color illustrations!

-Serious explanation written by former US force general!
-Introduces you to latest special operations!

Recorded forces:
Delta Force, DEVGRU, U.S Army 160th SOAR, 24th Special Tactics Squadron, Green Beret, AWG, CIF, ISA, SEALs, SWCC, CCT, PJ, MARSOC, Reccon, Scout Sniper, SAD other

Participating illustrators:
Matsuryu, Haruaki Fuyuno, Suzuri, Kaneru Matsuno, Yasuhiro Ikeda, Gin, Reiichiro Oofuji, EXCEL, Yukio Hirai, other

1365JPY, comes out next month.

Just paid for Senjougahara. Gonna be good.

So excited for this! I can't wait to add her to the rest of my Senjougahara's.

Awesome. I think I'm just waiting on Koto's Aisaka Taiga reissue, then the holy trinity of Taiga, Momo, and Senjougahara will ship.

For what it's worth Benten's doing fine on JP!Amazon so far, debuting at Rank 6. Though like Chrono already said I really hope this doesn't become a habit, but at the same time I can imagine that MF won't really have any incentive to lower shit if they see that people will still buy their figures in droves, regardless of how high they set the price.

Wow. People are less responsible with their money than I'd originally believed. XD

If I didn't mind paying $200+ a shot, I would start collecting Hot Toys and Sideshow statues.

Tempted, am in UK... are Crunchyroll good for ordering outside of the US?

No idea. Probably, as their service is available outside the US. This is really the kind of thing you should be reading the FAQ on their site for.

As for Benten, he's up for $185 on N-Y. I might just order him and debate the question later after he sells out.

RocBase

It just hurts my head that people are willing to drop so much on one figure.
In the end they're all just bits of plastic. I mean how much do you spend per month in total? Chalk up your annual figure expenses and it probably doesn't look any less sillier than someone else who who has different figure spending habits :p

Giolon

I think Giolon posted that he just paid for his. I ended up passing but I'd still like to see pics of her.

Yep. I'm expecting her and bishoujo Chun li to show up either Saturday or Monday. I'll be sure to post pics, as she (Fiona) was one of my top anticipated figures of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom