• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry meant to say April, not March.

March is going to destroy me [Olivia, 7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku, Risty, Alleyne, and now Iris]. >_<

I'm not too bad for March. April and May could be... interesting (painful).

-March-

Melda Dietz
Dark Angel Olivia
Risty
Hatsune Miku 2020
redjuice REDBOX artbook

-April-

Swamp Witch Metallica
Swimsuit Lucifer
Mara Jade bishoujo
Armored Wonder Woman bishoujo
Alisa
Shinobu

-May-

Spider-Woman bishoujo
Range Murata Muse
Batman B&W Harley Quinn
Madoka
Morgiana
Dragon Nest Sorceress
Wolf Children

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
For Iris, it's probably the equipment she's wearing. I know it might appear odd to some, but you don't often find figures dessed in scuba-type gear [also, those little rabbit ear things on the top of her head are cute]. I wasn't interested until I saw AmiAmi's review, then I had no chance. ~_~

For Alisa, she looks great, but it's just another "massive sword whilst running forward" pose. It reminds me a lot of a couple Black Rock Shooter figures, namely the Animation Ver./Insane Black Rock Shooter. Again, she'll be amazing regardless, I just don't feel the need/want to have her.

My March is light, though, so I might end up grabbing her still. We'll see. :/

I've been going back and forth on pre-ordering her, but I finally caved right now reading your post and AmiAmi's blog. I don't have any Tony Taka figures and her eyes are really stunning.

Jeez, I really need to follow johnsmith's advice on waiting until after WonderFes to pre-order things, but I can't help myself.

Ban Puncher

C14100049LL1-noscale.jpg

Yotsuba up for pre-order at AmiAmi for 5,370 JPY late May release.

chrono01

-March-

Melda Dietz
Dark Angel Olivia
Risty
Hatsune Miku 2020
redjuice REDBOX artbook

-April-

Swamp Witch Metallica
Swimsuit Lucifer
Mara Jade bishoujo
Alisa
Shinobu

-May-

Spider-Woman bishoujo
Range Murata Muse
Batman B&W Harley Quinn
Madoka
Morgiana
Dragon Nest Sorceress
Wolf Children
Yeah, May looks to be insane for you.

You're planning on canceling Swimsuit Lucifer, too?

I haven't messaged N-Y yet, but I will next month. I'm still interested in collecting the entire Seven Deadly Sins line [Belphegor is supposedly going up for pre-order on the 25th of this month], and since I already have the Standard Lucifer, I really don't want to go into collecting the Costume/Cosplay Ver. of them too. My wallet would not be able to take it. >_<

I've been going back and forth on pre-ordering her, but I finally caved right now reading your post and AmiAmi's blog. I don't have any Tony Taka figures and her eyes are really stunning.

Jeez, I really need to follow johnsmith's advice on waiting until after WonderFes to pre-order things, but I can't help myself.
Yes, thank you. The eyes were the first thing that lured me in [yes, I mean that]. Her expression, along with her eyes, is just...HNNNNNNNG.

By the way, the Dizzy [Alter] re-release is now scheduled for the 19th of January. I own the original release and let me tell you, she's a beauty.

sca2511

I actually didn't pre-order the Spider Woman Bishoujo. Even though I liked the design, I saw that the base looked rather plain. Hoping it'll go cheaper on Amazon eventually.

Yeah, May looks to be insane for you.

You're planning on canceling Swimsuit Lucifer, too?

April seems far worse. Those bishoujos add up.

As for Lucy, yeah. All the real detail is on her head. The rest of the figure is impossible to tell apart from any other swimsuit figure. She's nice, but there's a lot of way better stuff coming out.

By the way, the Dizzy [Alter] re-release is now scheduled for the 19th of January. I own the original release and let me tell you, she's a beauty.

The fact that Alter delayed something for a full year is insane. Especially considering it's a reissue. They've made the figure before... it's not like they need to suddenly conjure some marvel of modern engineering to make it work. Did someone accidentally sell the original molds on ebay?

She's suppose to get a unique base. Haven't seen any pics or hints on what it might be.

I'm hoping it's something that gives the figure a bit more height. Crouching / kneeling figures are fine (and X-Force Psylocke was exceptionally well-done), but those poses often end up costing something in the way of presence.

cajunator

Banned

I only have two Tony Taka figures both Xiaomei. Both way worth getting.

kewlmyc

-March-

Melda Dietz
Dark Angel Olivia
Risty
Hatsune Miku 2020
redjuice REDBOX artbook

-April-

Swamp Witch Metallica
Swimsuit Lucifer
Mara Jade bishoujo
Alisa
Shinobu

-May-

Spider-Woman bishoujo
Range Murata Muse
Batman B&W Harley Quinn
Madoka
Morgiana
Dragon Nest Sorceress
Wolf Children

My May is hellish as well.

G.E.M. Series - MAGI: Morgiana 1/8 Complete Figure (w/Initial Production Limited Bonus)
Real Action Heroes Neo No.597 EVA-01 TEST TYPE
Chozo Art Collection - Wolf Children: Hana and Ame and Yuki Complete Figure
Yotsuba&! - Yotsuba & Typhoon! Complete Figure

All sums up to about 42,390 yen before shipping. Sigh...

EDIT: Now Lucario is coming out in May? Fuck....

RMI

Banned
I actually prefer the regular edition, honestly.

Sorry, I made a slight typo. Dizzy is scheduled for the 29th, not the 19th [obviously]. Sorry about that!

Awesome. I've been waiting for this!

Aside from a few preowned figs I caved on, my next couple of months haven't changed much.

January = Dizzy
February=Tharja
March=MH4 Lagombi Nendo + Project Diva F 2nd
April=Mikasa Figma
June= MH Elf + Mikasa Prize Fig

I think that's everything. I might either cancel the Mikasa figma or add a Girls und Panzer figma to March... Haven't decided yet.

Oh I also have this year's Miku racing Figma shipping at the end of the month, but I might just sell it.

Ryuuroden

My moving date is pretty much set for the first of the month. When that happens, ill finally be able to break out all my figures I've picked up over the last 9 months. Before that, I will have to see about hunting down at least 2 detolfs for the figures and some other stuff for my LEGO collection. I just got into figures 9 months ago and have around 20 now but I have never displayed them so I don't know how much space they will take up and I haven't seen a detolf in person. I might end up getting 3 of them, 2 for the living room and 1 for my hobby room. Anyways, glad I cut back to about 1 figure a month and all the ones up until may are paid for.

chrono01

So apparently that Benten figure a few people are looking forward to will cost...wait for it...23,148 yen [before shop discounts]. I wasn't interested in it anyway, but that's an insane price. Shipping will likely be expensive too.

This might be a breaking point for a lot of you out there, unless you really want him.

My May is hellish as well.

G.E.M. Series - MAGI: Morgiana 1/8 Complete Figure (w/Initial Production Limited Bonus)
Real Action Heroes Neo No.597 EVA-01 TEST TYPE
Chozo Art Collection - Wolf Children: Hana and Ame and Yuki Complete Figure
Yotsuba&! - Yotsuba & Typhoon! Complete Figure

All sums up to about 42,390 yen before shipping. Sigh...

EDIT: Now Lucario is coming out in May? Fuck....

Well, its that RAH Eva-01 that's killing you. Even though its super- awesome.

So apparently that Benten figure a few people are looking forward to will cost...wait for it...23,148 yen [before shop discounts]. I wasn't interested in it anyway, but that's an insane price. Shipping will likely be expensive too.

This might be a breaking point for a lot of you out there, unless you really want him.

Bwahahahahahahqhahqlolololololollollolol!1!!1!!11111111!!!!!!!! Nooooo, I think that's out.

Bombless

Wow. Fabulousness on all accounts then. Most expensive belly fish hook ever.

RocBase

Those wings or whatever are clearly made of garnet.

How is he more expensive than Belldandy? And by like 5k? Nevermind Sheryl and her gajillion protrusions and PVC.

How is he more expensive than Belldandy? And by like 5k? Nevermind Sheryl and her gajillion protrusions and PVC.

I don't know what's going on here, but holy shit. Is Max Factory getting as arrogant with their pricing as MegaHouse? I mean, at this price, I might as well just go buy an Aoba.

chrono01

Bwahahahahahahqhahqlolololololollollolol!1!!1!!11111111!!!!!!!! Nooooo, I think that's out.

I agree, the price really is unbelievable [and not in a good way].

I really didn't expect him to be more expensive then Belldandy with Holy Bell. I was thinking around the 15,000 yen price-point, but even with the store discounts, Benten will sit at/around 20,000-21,000 yen. The sculpt looks nice, although not something I would want, but for over $200 [before shipping]? I'm relieved that it doesn't interest me, but even if it did, I wouldn't spend that much on him [even with my crazy spending habits]. :/

Also, I just received my Yagyu Jubei [Kirameki Hakugin no Kenki ver.] from N-Y. I didn't expect her box to be so massive, it came as quite the surprise. The placemat looks nice, although I'll probably just add it to my list of collectibles [or find some way to frame/put it on my wall]. Nishii does some incredible art.

RMI

Banned

I didn't want it, but WHAT? That's pretty extreme.

kewlmyc

Well, its that RAH Eva-01 that's killing you. Even though its super- awesome.

I know. The fact that it's super awesome is why I don't want to cancel it. It'll go well with my 18" Gypsy Danger coming in Feb. Hopefully an used one shows up on AmiAmi sometime before May so I can just buy an used one during the lighter months of Feb, Mar, and April. Hopefully April since I only have Nendoroid Aigis ordered.

Better be two feet tall at that price.

chrono01

Benten supposedly comes with a "bonus", both for the actual figure as well as for ordering from GSC directly.

They are:

- Postcard illustrated by Kiyo Kyuujyuu [for First-Edition pre-orders]

- B3 Poster illustrated by Kiyo Kyuujyuu [for GSC Online Shop pre-orders]

Even still, a special postcard doesn't excuse that ridiculous price.

chrono01

A postcard and a poster? I think I'll be keeping my $200 instead. It'll pay for both Maka and Amazon, plus their shipping. And I'll still have money left over.
You get both only if you pre-order from GSC directly, which means you pay full price [no store discounts].

But yeah, I can't see many buying him at that price. I'm not sure what Max Factory is thinking.

It's a pretty sexy postcard, I bet.
For that price, it had better be.

Here's a post regarding Benten from GSC's [English] blog [near the bottom of the post]:

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2014/01/22/nendoroid-yoshino/

More details will be available on the GSC Website tomorrow, so be sure to take a look if you&#8217;re interested! Standard sales in stores are planned, but I&#8217;d strongly recommend pre-ordering this one to ensure you don&#8217;t miss out! ( -&#65417;&#65386;-)

Yeah, good luck with that.

meijiko

He's more than Belldandy? Nope. I was sitting on the fence anyway, and his price pretty much launched me away from it.

"First Edition pre-orders"? Really Max Factory? You really think this guy's gonna sell well enough at this price to even entertain the possibility of one of your rare and ever-precious re-releases?

How long does SAL shipping normally take for you guys?
almost everything I have ever ordered took just about 2 weeks, my latest order is already over 3.

I got SAL shipping on a figure in mid-December that still isn't here. Anytime you use SAL around the holidays, you'd better be the patient type.

Uh wow. Good thing I wasn't all that interested in getting him.

RocBase

How long does SAL shipping normally take for you guys?
almost everything I have ever ordered took just about 2 weeks, my latest order is already over 3.
It used to take just a week for SAL parcels to reach me, but now they suddenly take up to a whoooole month. If I'm lucky it'll be just a little less than 3 weeks.

He's more than Belldandy? Nope. I was sitting on the fence anyway, and his price pretty much launched me away from it.

"First Edition pre-orders"? Really Max Factory? You really think this guy's gonna sell well enough at this price to even entertain the possibility of one of your rare and ever-precious re-releases?

I don't know what's going on here, but holy shit. Is Max Factory getting as arrogant with their pricing as MegaHouse? I mean, at this price, I might as well just go buy an Aoba.

Yeah this doesn't look good at all, I'm worried that this sends a precedent for future elaborate releases. I mean there's nothing inherently wrong with charging more for a bigger and fragile sculpt, but what is it about Benten that he's worth THAT much more than the other elaborate MF sculpts??? I legit want to know what the basis is of this price.

chrono01

Yeah this doesn't look good at all, I'm worried that this sends a precedent for future elaborate releases. I mean there's nothing inherently wrong with charging more for a bigger and fragile sculpt, but what is it about Benten that he's worth THAT much more than the other elaborate MF sculpts??? I legit want to know what the basis is of this price.
It almost seems as though Max Factory feels that they're able to charge a premium simply because it's of a figure of a male, a definitely rarity in the figure-world.

I know, the sculpt is nice as is the detail, and I'm sure the end-product will be great. However, 20,000+ yen great? I doubt that.

Bombless

So, fellow EU gaffers, Nippon Yasan sent me an email about this new delivery offer. It's a bit odd, as they call it duty free but add that due to regulations the VAT price is included into the price, but if the handling fees are omitted that would probably cut about 50% of the tax/fees I pay extra per delivery.

I will definitely keep this in mind for the next few things that pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom