• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched Pacific Rim and got to ask, any good figures coming out (other than the NECA ones)?

Edit: OK, I should have at least searched on this page.

31186-00.jpg

tomopop just mentioned that there will be an alt head with the vash in black variant that you can put on the original. Icing on the blue cake

I like the design of Gipsy Danger but must watch Pacific Rim before I commit to a figure XD, trying to watch it tomorrow if there's no conflicting events.

Anyone else find it funny that this at 1/6 scale

is going to cost more than this (portable hoop lol)
But that one has a clock on it =P

Catwoman looks great

...as long as she has her mask on

47rb.jpg
Still a better likeness than most of the Hot Toys female figures. They're usually so terribly off on them. The Angelica figure from the most recent Pirates is a perfect example. I was surprised by how great ScarJo ended up looking for their Black Widow Avengers release to be honest.

LiK

Still a better likeness than most of the Hot Toys female figures. They're usually so terribly off on them. The Angelica figure from the most recent Pirates is a perfect example. I was surprised by how great ScarJo ended up looking for their Black Widow Avengers release to be honest.
ScarJo is their greatest female actor achievement in terms of likeness. For video games, I think Jill (RE5) is the closest. Sheva was dreadful.

The hell? Looking nothing like her, how could they botch her face like that? Like some generic female video game character
She doesn't look THAT off. I mean to be fair, Hathaway has a pretty distinctive nose to capture and they did a fine job with that. The eyes could see improvement but it's not a disastrous "no way I'm buying that" type of job:

anne-hathaway-in-les-miserables-1920x1080.jpg

47rb.jpg

Bombless

I was looking at those Catwoman pictures and thought "Odd, they don't show her without the mask...How come?" then I saw her unmasked and O_O

sky

Catwoman looks bad. I think it's mostly her eyes.. the pupils look wrong. Maybe a bit too small?
I'm not sure, but I feel that's what throwing the whole thing off.

I consulted google images for various anne pics. I didn't mind.

Anyone going to back this? I am really considering it... looks like some cool and unique figures included.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/gothitropolis-raven-action-figure-by-four-horsemen

Decided to back this. Went with Raven/ Minotaur the Duck pledge. Not too many folks like traditional action figures on this thread, a lot of awesome japanese toy fans and Hot Toys, but no one here judges. That's why this is my fav GAF thread/community.

I've bought a ton of Four Horsemen sculpted products (Mattel DC toys mainly) and I think this is important to back, independent toy making and all. Pluse that Raven looks sick.

0341f0e1a0c484bbe22d94fe30025f8e_large.jpg

298ea5e6e268b3361da4fa975e11454c_large.jpg

Works fine for me. And it's still in stock. Better hurry.

You can always just go to TFAW.com, and get there the old fashioned-way. Click on the banner for their sale -> Statues -> It should be near the bottom of page 1.

Just tried it again and its' working now. Thank you Freezasurus!!!

Just tried it again and its' working now. Thank you Freezasurus!!!

Just don't blame me when they rape you on shipping (that's something TFAW does). I think I paid like, $17 shipping on my bishoujo Femshep. On the plus side, it showed up in like, two days.

anyone see the announcement for some 1\6 scale Walking Dead Figures finally, I need me some zombies

Don't know if interested. I'm ho-hum on the TV series. If they were 1/6 figures based on the comics, I'd be all in. But we'll see what they come up with.

Just don't blame me when they rape you on shipping (that's something TFAW does). I think I paid like, $17 shipping on my bishoujo Femshep. On the plus side, it showed up in like, two days.

Don't know if interested. I'm ho-hum on the TV series. If they were 1/6 figures based on the comics, I'd be all in. But we'll see what they come up with.

Yea it's $25.13 but still works out to less than what ebay prices are. Thanks again

It's actually not that hard (especially for that figure, which seems to be exclusively big parts.)

Painting is a different story :(

yes, painting is another problem. i've never done that and i don't have time to take on another hobby. there is no solution.

the only hope is if a store sells a prepainted bootleg version.

i don't think i can be too happy with those....

LiK

i don't think i can be too happy with those....

I'm perfectly fine with high quality prepainted bootlegs for kits that will never get mass production. I own like 10 from Hobbyfan. Most of them are better than some of the PVC versions I got later and they're made from resin so I don't need to worry about warping in the heat. The only bootlegs you should worry about are the uber cheap crap from sellers in China and HK. Quality for those are dreadful. I remember seeing some of them in some HK shops and it was laughable at how bad they are.

sky

Damn, got a figinstock alert for Aegis ART WORKS ver... but it was gone by the time I saw it :(. Oh well, just a matter of time I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom