• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like if you slap on some makeup on Catwoman it ends up looking just like her. Guess shes like any other female where sadly you only recognize them with their makeup on lol

93oQtLE.jpg

Pa4zUnR.jpg

Well I'll be, Kamael has finally been painted:

CdbKOGx.jpg

J8M9cDo.jpg

Price is listed as 11,238 JPY and release is for December from Max Factory.

Even though the skin tone is inaccurate, I like the final result enough to buy. Then again I like all of MF's Lineage stuff so far.

chrono01

I was looking forward to Kamael, but why did release have to be in December? :/

It seems like I'll be passing on this one, it's a shame. Why are so many figure manufacturers releasing figures in December? Seriously, that month is so full it's insane.

chrono01

For Christmas gifts obviously =P
There will not be enough room under the tree for all of these figures!

...Wait...I just had a great idea. Let's make a Christmas tree out of boxed figures. It would be incredible!

You would have to be careful not to over-water it, though. On second thought...no water period, we do not want those boxes/figures getting damaged!

Plastikitty says orders open tonight and release is in December. I like. Will sit well with my Elf and Dark Elf.

Tonight? Hell yeah. It'll be nice to have all 3 within a few months of each other, if by some miracle Kamael isn't delayed.

I was looking forward to Kamael, but why did release have to be in December? :/

It seems like I'll be passing on this one, it's a shame. Why are so many figure manufacturers releasing figures in December? Seriously, that month is so full it's insane.

I hear you. We must be on the tipping point where new releases are going to start being announced for January onwards. This year is getting ridiculous.

gokieks

No attachment to the game or the character, and not a fan of the gratuitous butt shot pose, but I'm a sucker for wings and the one on that looks quite nice.

No attachment to the game or the character, and not a fan of the gratuitous butt shot pose, but I'm a sucker for wings and the one on that looks quite nice.

I always look at the hair first, but wings get me too. I probably have my hairdresser mother to thank for the hair fixation. Lineage stuff punches me in the face with nostalgia as well though.

Speaking of wings, if some company wants to do Shunya Yamashita's angel I won't complain!

sky

Wasn't familiar with the character, so I did a search... this must be the source art:

I dunno, the figure looks kinda milf-ish to me... like they aged her 10 years.
Maybe that's the idea though, I haven't played the game so perhaps it's faithful to an existing version.

chrono01

Wasn't familiar with the character, so I did a search... this must be the source art:

Maybe that's the idea though, I haven't played the game so perhaps it's faithful to an existing version.
When comparing the source material art, it does look kind of off [as you mentioned, the face]. Not only that, her skin as as...pink as it is here, which is disappointing. Still, the sculpt is super-impressive. If only it was any other month than December it would be an instant pre-order for me.

I know a few of my December pre-orders have a good chance of being delayed [Deep Sea Miku, Super Sonico 1/5 scale, Yagyu Jubei Kirameki Hakugin no Kenki Ver.], but I don't like to rely on delays. I could always pay Yagyu Jubei off and then I'd only need to focus on my AmiAmi order [Deep Sea Miku, Super Sonico 1/5, Daisy-chan, Tharja], but even still...

I think I'll pass. Unless I get word ahead of time of some figures being delayed from December into 2014, I am officially done with pre-orders this year.

I know, it's difficult to say-so. :(

gokieks

Nice figure. Pass. No attachment to Lineage.

Why hello, bishoujo Mara Jade.

I wasn't a huge fan of Jaina. I still haven't even picked her up. But I do like the looks of this one.

Man, I still can't believe she got killed off by a whiny little cunt like Jacen Solo. :p

I've been debating getting the Jaina for ages. Still haven't pulled the trigger, but probably will sooner or later.

And while I wish Mara looked like the Mara from the cover of Sacrifice (which I absolutely love), that doesn't really fit in with the Bishoujo line. This looks pretty good, and I'm definitely getting it.

I've been debating getting the Jaina for ages. Still haven't pulled the trigger, but probably will sooner or later.

Yeah, same... but nothing about Jaina really wows me. It's astounding to me that they made the first figure in their SW bishoujo line NOT include an [active] lightsaber.

I'm not much of a bishoujo guy, but Jaina is one of my favourites for some reason. It might be the scruffy look/clothing.

Yeah they definitely took some artistic license with Juno Jeong's artwork. I like what they came up with though.

The Kamael are a playable race, so there's some variation in how they can look, but mostly in the hair and armour.

Nice figure. Pass. No attachment to Lineage.

Why hello, bishoujo Mara Jade.

I wasn't a huge fan of Jaina. I still haven't even picked her up. But I do like the looks of this one.

Man, I still can't believe she got killed off by a whiny little cunt like Jacen Solo. :p
Out of everything Koto had announced hinted at for this upcoming year, this is the piece I was most excited for. And that concept art is fantastic. It's not over-sexualized, it's tasteful and suits the character while still having a bishoujo look to it. The only thing that could have made it better would be an angrier expression but I'm fine with how the smile is conveyed in that art. Day! And I'll be any exclusives of her as well

The only thing that could have made it better would be an angrier expression but I'm fine with how the smile is conveyed in that art. Day! And I'll be any exclusives of her as well

I'm not so sure about that. Angry expressions don't really seem to suit the bishoujo line very well, as was proven by the X-23 variant.

But on the bright side, you know with a jumpsuit like that, she'll be sportin' dat ass.

sca2511

I'm not so sure about that. Angry expressions don't really seem to suit the bishoujo line very well, as was proven by the X-23 variant.

But on the bright side, you know with a jumpsuit like that, she'll be sportin' dat ass.

I much preferred the angry expression with X-23, I felt like it matched the character and pose. With the Mara Jade figure, it probably can go both ways with that pose though. I liked Jaina, so it's more likely I'll pick this up if it looks great sculpted.

All these Lineage II figures look pretty nice, dropped the game a while back, so I'm not particularly attached.

chrono01

So apparently ALTER will be re-releasing Dizzy from Guilty Gear XX Core.

iRefufb05DJgO.jpg

http://www.alter-web.jp/figure/11/04_1/index.html

She's scheduled for November, but I am pretty much 100% confident in saying that she will be delayed into 2015 2014.

If you don't have her...correct that mistake! She's beautiful, and one of my favorite figures in my collection.

Hobby Search [10,030 yen]:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10134967

BIJ [9,085 yen]:

http://biginjap.com/pvc-figures/7792-guilty-gear-xx-acore-dizzy-1-8.html

I know she seems expensive, but trust me. She's worth every cent.

iRefufb05DJgO.jpg

http://www.alter-web.jp/figure/11/04_1/index.html

She's scheduled for November, but I am pretty much 100% confident in say that she will be delayed into 2015 2014.

If you don't have her...correct that mistake! She's beautiful, and one of my favorite figures in my collection.

Hobby Search [10,030 yen]:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10134967

BIJ [9,085 yen]:

http://biginjap.com/pvc-figures/7792-guilty-gear-xx-acore-dizzy-1-8.html

i almost want a 2nd one.... but naww. I picked up one from a gaffer awhile back. It does have a paint scratch on the back end of the tail but ... my wallet is saying no haha

Yamato Kneesocks
She's big and she's gorgeous. I would definitely recommend her. I really wish Arcadia would do the rest of the P&S girls in this style. I like it much better than Alter's versions. It's not even a contest.
She's so incredibly gorgeous, but I see that she's still going for around that price on eBay. Did they just make a ton of them or something?

johnsmith

remember me

Man, why did it have to be December. I already have 2 orders that month, and I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with a few more, especially with Wonderfes coming up.

But the sculpt is great, and with it being Max Factory I know the final product will be great, and she'll probably sell out. Maybe if I can flip one of the dark elves in October or Nocember for a profit. Hmm.

bought. not gonna lie, i sense a delay for her.
I sure hope so.

chrono01

Man, why did it have to be December. I already have 2 orders that month, and I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with a few more, especially with Wonderfes coming up.

But the sculpt is great, and with it being Max Factory I know the final product will be great, and she'll probably sell out. Maybe if I can flip one of the dark elves in October or Nocember for a profit. Hmm.
December is why I'm not pre-ordering her. It's just way too full as-is, even if some are delayed. :(

Lol I actually like the X-23 variant more. However I didn't mean that fierce. I guess angry expression was the wrong way to phrase it. I just want a more serious facial expression that isn't a smile. It doesn't have to be angry. Something that looks a bit more serious like the Wonder Woman Bish or FemShep bishoujo. However the smile they chose for Mara Jade is still great.

She's scheduled for November, but I am pretty much 100% confident in saying that she will be delayed into 2015 2014.

That's great news for me. I ended up trying to bid on an ebay seller who was selling a fake. Luckily I lost the bid war and realized after it was a fake. Going to order this for sure.

P.S.
I love/hate you guys. Always showing me awesome stuff to purchase and making my wallet a lot more thinner :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom