• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Sweet lord

tumblr_mq28goj1f81qzdctco1_500.jpg

tumblr_mq28goj1f81qzdctco4_500.jpg

tumblr_mq28goj1f81qzdctco3_500.jpg

tumblr_mq28goj1f81qzdctco6_500.jpg

I know nothing about Black Rock Shooter but that is incredible.

i have the previous release, that new psychotic face is pretty awesome, lol....

tm24

So, just getting into the world of figure buying. So after reading the OP various times, i see the warning about buying stuff from amazon. Does this only apply to the marketplace seller or to amazon as a whole? I have a ton of amazon credit that i would love to burn on a D-Arts Terry Bogard or Megaman w/Rush/Met and amazon.com is the seller

Also, would these stands work for those figures or the NECA Pacific Rim ones?

Ordered Dizzy and Kamael. BiJ with that deep discount on Dizzy. 23%.

So, just getting into the world of figure buying. So after reading the OP various times, i see the warning about buying stuff from amazon. Does this only apply to the marketplace seller or to amazon as a whole? I have a ton of amazon credit that i would love to burn on a D-Arts Terry Bogard or Megaman w/Rush/Met and amazon.com is the seller

It's only marketplace sellers you need to wary of. You're basically gambling on their honesty. Amazon themselves should only sell legitimate items direct from the manufacturers/distributors, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Also, none of the D-Arts I've seen on MFC are listed as having bootlegs, so they should be safe in general. For example Saber Lily has counterfeits listed, with pictures if you click the red link. Terry Bogard for comparison.

Also, would these stands work for those figures or the NECA Pacific Rim ones?
I just got these for my D-Arts Raidou figure, and it works like an absolute charm.

Also the Amazon marketplace is ABSOLUTELY prone to bootlegs. Several co-workers of mine have been burned badly, although amazon buyer protection will almost guarantee you a refund, so long as you recognize it's a bootleg.

LosDaddie

Banned
Mark XLII, Iron Patriot, Heartbreaker, Gemini and Igor are so mine. I am not sure about Red Snapper yet.

AND FUCK YES TO THE THREE A MASTER CHIEF. FUCK YES. I waited so long to get a faithful figure of the Master Chief with articulation and now I will get one. Thank god!

that HeartBreaker is sooo sexy, wonder how much he will cost since it doesn't say dicast anywhere. Sucks how all these new Hot Toys come with pretty much no accesories though

LiK

Mark XLII, Iron Patriot, Heartbreaker, Gemini and Igor are so mine. I am not sure about Red Snapper yet.

AND FUCK YES TO THE THREE A MASTER CHIEF. FUCK YES. I waited so long to get a faithful figure of the Master Chief with articulation and now I will get one. Thank god!

I dunno why they started with Carter. Probably the least liked dude in Reach. Anyone else would've been a better pick.

I'm sure you're happy! :) Don't wait this time :lol

Haha yeah :D Not sleeping on these. Assuming Gemini is just as good, I'll end up with that and Heartbreaker when I thought I'd be waiting 'til Avengers 2.

Also, 7th Dragon Miku paintwork is done or close to it. Teaser:

BPXWrJUCQAAhnLN.jpg:large

Don't you dare release this in December, Max Factory :p

LiK

You should check out the Play Arts Halo4 MC. It's a great figure. Sits pretty on my shelf at the office

My only gripe with the PA Chief is the color scheme. It's more gray than green which was odd. But the sculpt is definitely fantastic.

Jube3

Wow that storm shadow looks amazing. I have the movie version coming but I might have to snatch that one up as well.

Also ouch at the price of Heart Breaker, 250 and it just comes with a different base and hands. Throw in another headsculpt at least :( Its not looking good for the price of Igor, I hope hes not 300 if so I will probably pass.

LiK

Wow that storm shadow looks amazing. I have the movie version coming but I might have to snatch that one up as well.

Also ouch at the price of Heart Breaker, 250 and it just comes with a different base and hands. Throw in another headsculpt at least :( Its not looking good for the price of Igor, I hope hes not 300 if so I will probably pass.

Hehe, I wonder if Igor will cost more.

I dunno why they started with Carter. Probably the least liked dude in Reach. Anyone else would've been a better pick.

About that... ThreeA teased another guy from Noble Team:

I hope we will get Jorge as well.

You should check out the Play Arts Halo4 MC. It's a great figure. Sits pretty on my shelf at the office
I have him. But he is way too slim. I mean, it is a great sculpt, but he is very tall, the shoulder pads aren't correct etc. Still i like him. Difficult to explain.

LiK

I would be shocked if its comes under $300. He's a pretty big dude to he will have a high price tag for sure. Wait he's not a powerpose figure or anything right?
dont really remember but he didn't look quite as big as Iron Monger in the movies. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was $300. Please don't be $350-$400.

The McFarlane $15 retail Halo 4 Master Chief is pretty good, I have one on my shelf next to some Figmas. His hips don't really articulate but other than that I'm very happy with it.

Jube3

dont really remember but he didn't look quite as big as Iron Monger in the movies. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was $300. Please don't be $350-$400.

Ok if this picture is anything to go buy he is definitely going to be 300+ lol, hes huge! Thats a 1/4 Batman next to him

1006291_481653761917708_1833864784_n.jpg

Giolon

Nice figure. Pass. No attachment to Lineage.

Why hello, bishoujo Mara Jade.

I wasn't a huge fan of Jaina. I still haven't even picked her up. But I do like the looks of this one.

Man, I still can't believe she got killed off by a whiny little cunt like Jacen Solo. :p

Sold! I don't quite like the artwork for this as much as I loved the Jaina Solo artwork, but if they can translate Mara as faithfully I think she'll come out a fantastic figure. I hope they go with a darker hue and shinier material for her jumpsuit though.

chrono01

7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku does look amazing. I know she might look different from Hatsune Miku's in the past, but that's mainly due to the character design for 7th Dragon 2020 [the game this Hatsune Miku is based on].

If she releases in December, I will be forced to either:

1) Trust that one of the current December releases will be delayed lessening the damage on my wallet

2) Cancel one of my December pre-orders [if I can] so I can pre-order/purchase

Either way, she will be mine. She'll be a great addition to the 7th Dragon 2020 lineup. >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom