• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
I bought her in a auction, U$ 110,00.

Asuka's price has increased a lot, since last time I checked. It will take a while to buy her.

From ebay? I hope you got a legit one. I stay the hell away from ebay for anything that's been bootlegged.

And here's another good deal from Crunchyroll. I can't believe I didn't pay attention to their daily deals before.
Phat Company - Kyoko Kirigiri
$80 with free shipping for members, $85 for non members. Easily beats amiami's 8,620 yen +shipping.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/88340/Kyouko-Kirigiri-18-Scale
Tempting, but I'm going to pass. I've yet to see a Phat Company figure not hit the bargain bin, and I doubt this will be the first exception.

george_us

Postman just arrived. Quick figure report:

Bishoujo Chun-li has all the problems the early prototype showed. I don't believe Kotobukiya actually made any changes to her face. Depending on the angle and lighting, she looks lazy-eyed. Her nose is still a mile long. Ugh....so disappointed. Overall craftsmanship is still pretty high.

Border Break Fiona Yamashita Shunya Ver is gorgeous, and largely accurate to the prototype. The main difference I have to point out is that her entire color scheme is a lot lighter and paler than the promo photos that she was sold with on the figure sites. If you want an easy way to tell what she looks like, check out the earlier Raita Kazama ver. for a much more accurate rendition of her color scheme. I'd have much preferred that she kept the richer colors and peachier skin, BUT she still looks amazing. As a great bonus, the base, the crates and Fiona are all completely separate pieces w/o pegs of any sort, so you can do away with the base or sit Fiona on something else if you like. WARNING: Fiona's clipboard causes horrendous paint transfer. Don't let it touch anything you don't have to. The inside of my Fiona's hand is now completely black.
Edit: The crate causes paint transfer very easily too.

No time for pictures now unfortunately. I'm hosting a party in a few minutes. I couldn't help myself. Here are a few quickie pics:
Fiona looks amazing. Ugh must resist the urge to impulse purchase! Too much shit in February I want to buy.

Yagami_Sama

From ebay? I hope you got a legit one. I stay the hell away from ebay for anything that's been bootlegged.

And here's another good deal from Crunchyroll. I can't believe I didn't pay attention to their daily deals before.

I had bad experiences with bootlegged items.

To tell you the truth this is the this is the third that I bought, the former 2 bought from sellers from US, and I got really frustrated when I received the item and realized that something was not right.

I one friend told me about this guy store, and I purchased a few other items from him, like Zero Suit Samus, Madaka, and other. After I validate the legit of all items I decide to bid and so far no remorse.

If I compare this one with the other two, the difference in quality is visible even from inside the box.

I have the bad or good habit, can affirm yet, of not taking the figure out of the box... It is so rare I do that, it is hard to explain but I have at least 30 figures that never saw the light of the day. XD.

RocBase

I want my kuroko already, Im tired of looking at people in JPN's pics of him :(
Be6bDm6CQAEiQE2.jpg

Haha! This is too adorable. Where did you preorder him?
I'm really banking on the hope N-Y stocks up on additional copies so I can possibly snatch one, he really does look nice.

Curious when the site will have products, hope it wont do the typical one month delay, etc like some american based sites seem to do :(

I'm not sure I see how they could avoid it. The month delay is pretty much universal amongst all stateside retailers. It takes time to get any real quantity of an item across the ocean. What's going to make or break them is the pricing.

kewlmyc

I'm not sure I see how they could avoid it. The month delay is pretty much universal amongst all stateside retailers. It takes time to get any real quantity of an item across the ocean. What's going to make or break them is the pricing.
True. I wouldn't mind a month delay if the shipping is super cheap. Like Koto's Amazon shipping or Kirinhobby. Even though the discounts AmiAmi have on goods usually has them the same price, if not cheaper than western distributors after shipping.

Giolon

That's interesting. I wonder what it means for U.S. collectors. Would we be able to buy direct from Ultra Tokyo Connection for cheaper?

What I'm betting is that they will sell things at full price, thus making them more expensive than say AmiAmi, but then will offer generally cheaper shipping ($10-$15) and it'll end up being a net-wash or slightly more expensive unless it's something you're looking at a $40+ EMS charge for.

What I'm betting is that they will sell things at full price, thus making them more expensive than say AmiAmi, but then will offer generally cheaper shipping ($10-$15) and it'll end up being a net-wash or slightly more expensive unless it's something you're looking at a $40+ EMS charge for.

Which is what I assumed, given that they're basically a GSC-direct shop in the US. If this is the case, I'll still be importing most of my figures.

bleh im really on the fence about kirigiri.

Its a phat company figure and john is right. Majority of their figures go down in price by quite a bit. And some of them have QC issues.

The figure is about 87 bcks for shipping+ figure which equals about to be 6.5k~ figure + 20~ shipping equiv if I were to import, which is a good deal. Normally it would be a no-brainer but phat company kinda muddles that.

edit
nvm did the cost difference. I would be saving 14 dollars~ which comes down to 7300~ equiv. Hmmm

kewlmyc

bleh im really on the fence about kirigiri.

Its a phat company figure and john is right. Majority of their figures go down in price by quite a bit. And some of them have QC issues.

The figure is about 87 bcks for shipping+ figure which equals about to be 6.5k~ figure + 20~ shipping equiv if I were to import, which is a good deal. Normally it would be a no-brainer but phat company kinda muddles that.

Considering this is probably the only figure we'll get of her, I preordered just in case. This is my first Phat figure, so hopefully it doesn't suck.

I wouldn't trust a man that didn't.

ehhhh I am wary of phat company. Nia had QC issues, and Bayonetta had that seam that I can never unsee. Also slight QC issues as well.

Overall its a B/B+ company. Its like koto in some ways. Great protos, mixed bag final products but still acceptable.

Now I gotta preorder Alisa, Saber Bride and a few more QQ and wonderfest shit too

chrono01

Phat Company puts out some solid figures. Maybe not as great as Alter and Max Factory, but they do a decent job [I would put them at/around the level of Kotobikuya]. I'm really looking forward to their Swamp Witch. If they can deliver a final product as nice as the prototype, she'll be amazing.

On the subject of figures, I just pre-ordered [and paid up-front] Belphagor [with the Cushion Cover] and BIJ. That makes five pretty much purchased [since I own three now with Mammon and Belphagor already paid for], so only two more to go!

I'll probably cancel my pre-order for Swimsuit Lucifer and avoid the new "Maou Mokushiroku Ver.", though. They have nice art, and I'm sure they will be great, but I really can't go beyond collecting the standard line as I am, since it would be way too costly [especially considering they're all exclusives].

Giolon

Is the paint transfer a huge problem or is it relatively easy to clean off?

I was able to clean most of it off carefully w/ a Magic Eraser, but the inside of her hand is a very small space. A normal rubber eraser did nothing for it. Now, I slipped small pieces of saran wrap under her hand, skirt, and around the piece of the clipboard that inserts into her hand.

Now there should be no more problems.

Bombless

As great as Belph is, there's no way that I get into that money pit. I promised myself I would be more careful with my figures spending, and getting one of the Deadly Sins is just too risky for my wallet.

As great as Belph is, there's no way that I get into that money pit. I promised myself I would be more careful with my figures spending, and getting one of the Deadly Sins is just too risky for my wallet.

Eh, I just order ones I like. Avoided asmod due to issues and avoided mammon cuz of boobs

Giolon

But look at Asmodeus! She's glorious!

(And yes, just buy the ones you like. I have a fairly strong collect-'em-all impulse, but I was able to fight it b/c I really just don't like some of the designs)

Eh, I just order ones I like. Avoided asmod due to issues and avoided mammon cuz of boobs

Which Asmodeus issues? Rusted chain?

But look at Asmodeus! She's glorious!

(And yes, just buy the ones you like. I have a fairly strong collect-'em-all impulse, but I was able to fight it b/c I really just don't like some of the designs)

Which Asmodeus issues? Rusted chain?

Chain + cape

And underboobs is fine. I'm just not a fan of huge boobs like that.

What is the cape problem?

And I did like Asmodeus's concept artwork better where she had smaller boobs than the figure ended up with, but still...underboob is a plus!

Mmmm, hips.

Cape is fragile and is easy to damage. Its kind of the same issue that Alicia(?) from Queen's blade suffers from. Just the wrong choice of plastic for that.

Giolon

Cape is fragile and is easy to damage. Its kind of the same issue that Alicia(?) from Queen's blade suffers from. Just the wrong choice of plastic for that.

Ah, hmmm. I don't think the cape itself is particularly fragile, but it is easy to break the seam in the piece that drapes over her left shoulder and cause it to separate. I've done it twice :(

$30-$40 Figma in the US please.

That would be...good and bad for myself personally. I already spend a good amount each month on figures but if they are cheaper will I just buy more or save more..
I will most likely buy more :( my poor wallet will never get a break

BTW have anyone bought any Armor Girls Gundam? I am planing to get MS Girl Unicorn Gundam but never really heard anything about Armor Girls Gundam and was wondering about them.

That would be...good and bad for myself personally. I already spend a good amount each month on figures but if they are cheaper will I just buy more or sale more..
LOL agree.
I would probably end up just buying randoms at that price especially with how quick easy ordering from US places would make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom